looking at was having a bye week after
playing two or three preseason games.
“That would carry you into probably
... February by a week or two, later than
we are now,” Goodell said.
— Liz Mullen/SportsBusiness Journal

Mick'sTeam
03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
This is total crap. Neutral sites just because of the weather is ridiculous. All that does is penalize one of the teams. If they were to do this, they would have to determine the site of the AFC & NFC Championship games prior to the start of the season. They cannot decide a week or two before hand. This is definitely one change that I would hate to see.

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2009, 08:56 PM
It is because the AFC Championship game is a nationally televised game, and the Ravens told the NFL that they don't want to play in Pittsburgh anymore in nationally televised games.

:stirpot :ratsuck

costanza2k1
03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
This is the lamest thing ever! With this move you destroy the battle for home field advantage during the season. Someone needs to pull their head out of their ass on this one.

BURGH86STEEL
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
This is the lamest thing ever! With this move you destroy the battle for home field advantage during the season. Someone needs to pull their head out of their bad word on this one.

I agree, this appears to be another move by greedy owners. I do not see why the owners want to ruin an almost perfectly sound structure.

MeetJoeGreene
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
This is the lamest thing ever! With this move you destroy the battle for home field advantage during the season. Someone needs to pull their head out of their bad word on this one.

I agree, this appears to be another move by greedy owners. I do not see why the owners want to ruin an almost perfectly sound structure.

:Agree :Agree :Agree

Worst.

Idea.

Ever.

Chachi
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
As it is now, the people out there complain that teams "shut it down" once they clinch their spot in the playoffs (1st seed, 2nd, etc.) in weeks 16-17.

Put this through and the same people will be complaining about the same issue in weeks 12-13.

SteelerNation1
03-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Has this POS Goodell done anything positive in his 2+yrs as commish? What a dope.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
retarded idea. if you had a team with home field that is a cold weather team and a warm weather team having to play there for the strap....it is an advantage which that home field team earned.

It is almost like they are purposefuly trying to dismantle the league to some crappy WWE type of programming. They are losing sight of what is important, the game itself.

fordfixer
03-31-2009, 11:59 PM
retarded idea. if you had a team with home field that is a cold weather team and a warm weather team having to play there for the strap....it is an advantage which that home field team earned.

It is almost like they are purposefuly trying to dismantle the league to some crappy WWE type of programming. They are losing sight of what is important, the game itself.
:Agree

fordfixer
04-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Didn't someone here have Goodell's e-mail address?

Discipline of Steel
04-01-2009, 02:40 AM
StlrzD has his phone number.

SteelBucks
04-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Has this POS Goodell done anything positive in his 2+yrs as commish? What a dope.

Goodell is a tool. He was given an excellent product and is trying to find ways to destroy it.

BURGH86STEEL
04-01-2009, 07:37 AM

I agree with you on this one. Home field is earned by the teams. I guess they want to make those games SB type of events to generate more money. I doubt this idea goes over well with the season ticket holders. It is bad enough they already put up thousands of dollars for season tickets. Adding traveling expenses on top of that for another game would anger a lot of fans.

I understand they what to make the league better but at what expense?

BURGH86STEEL
04-01-2009, 07:41 AM

Goodell is a tool. He was given an excellent product and is trying to find ways to destroy it.

In fairness, Goodell is the owner's lap dog. He listens to what they have to say. If he does not do as they wish, he will be replaced. That being said, have to wonder if these bad ideas are his or the owners? Could be a combination of both. I do not like the direction that the league is going. Seems that greed is showing its ugly head again.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
This is what's refered to as "killing the golden goose".

The league is the best league in sports. So, they go easy of the punishment of a "dynasty" that was proven to cheat, prepare for a labour strike, talk about changing the format of the regular and post seasons, and change the nature of the game (by constantly crippling defences with new rules).

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Obviously this is a horrible idea, but the entire headline came out of this small tidbit from the article:

one source speculated that the league could move to neutral sites for these games.

I don't think that we need to assume that anything is happening quite yet.

pfelix73
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Is this an April Fool's joke? Because I don't like it.

The NFL has already lost me spending a lot of $ on some of marketing schemes, etc. If this would happen, I'll stop going to games all together..... Well, maybe not, but fewer games anyway.

What's the deal with this new league that's being formed? The NFL needs some competition, IMO.

:Steel

stlrz d
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
StlrzD has his phone number.

drprwnap
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Does anyone have an email address for the NFL league office??? I looked on their website and couldn't find one. If someone could get it and post it we could FLOOD them with complaints about not only this, but the other STUPID rule changes. We need to get a movement going. I'm sure there is not one fanbase across the country that would want a title game at a netural site. This league is really starting to pi$$ me off! :evil: :evil:

BURGH86STEEL
04-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have an email address for the NFL league office??? I looked on their website and couldn't find one. If someone could get it and post it we could FLOOD them with complaints about not only this, but the other STUPID rule changes. We need to get a movement going. I'm sure there is not one fanbase across the country that would want a title game at a netural site. This league is really starting to pi$$ me off! :evil: :evil:

I doubt phone calls and emails will work. The only thing that will probably work is a boycott by the fans. Start taking money away from the owners and then see what happens.