PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Rumors...

SteelHead
03-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I lurk over at the steelersforum.com sometimes and one of the posters started a thread that there are early rumors circulating that Ben will appear on the cover of Madden this year. He didn't have a source, but what the heck , with the lack of news right now it'll be fun to speculate.

I am not a superstitious person whatsoever , however the "Madden Curse" does scare me. Here's to hoping it's Kurt Warner or Drew Brees on the cover instead.

SteelerNation1
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozey74
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't of said it better myself!!

:shock:

stlrz d
03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
It'll be AP.

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Roethlisberger will be on the cover of EA Sports' newest football video game, NFL Game Manager '09. :wink: :P

D Rock
03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
my guess is this rumor started because of the recent yahoo blog post from Shutdown Corner. He was discussing the new features in the game and most if not all of the screen shots used were of Big Ben.

The reason: the guy who wrote the article Shutdown Corner referenced is a photographer and some designer or something for the game and is a Steelers fan. So he used his team and his favorite player in the article.

That's how rumors get started.

WoodleyofTroy
03-27-2009, 12:48 PM
my guess is this rumor started because of the recent yahoo blog post from Shutdown Corner. He was discussing the new features in the game and most if not all of the screen shots used were of Big Ben.

The reason: the guy who wrote the article Shutdown Corner referenced is a photographer and some designer or something for the game and is a Steelers fan. So he used his team and his favorite player in the article.

That's how rumors get started.

The Xbox site had a preview of Madden 2010, with Ben on the Cover. I think it's off now though.

Oviedo
03-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Someone who survives ramming his head through a car windshield has no fear of measly curses.

Steelgal
03-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I can't see Ben agreeing to it either. This is the guy who wouldn't shave his beard leading upto his first Superbowl because he was supersticious that if he shaved, they'd lose. Or something like that I remember reading. With all the talk of the Madden superstition, I just don't see him doing it......

SteelCrazy
03-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I can't see Ben agreeing to it either. This is the guy who wouldn't shave his beard leading upto his first Superbowl because he was supersticious that if he shaved, they'd lose. Or something like that I remember reading. With all the talk of the Madden superstition, I just don't see him doing it......

$$$$$$$$$$........he'll do ti

Acero
03-30-2009, 08:55 AM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/xamichee/steelers/madden-ben.jpg

mshifko
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
i'd be mad if it would happen...cowher was on the cover of the EA sports head coach game and we went 8-8 a year after...F EA covers