PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin is...

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
AWESOME, seriously like the late great Cris Farley AWESOME

I don't know if this was posted but

QB division

Tomlin said he sees more parity in the AFC North Division because of the play of the quarterbacks.

from the Post...
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09085/958403-66.stm

"We're going to have a very competitive division and I think it starts with the quality quarterbacks in our division. I doubt you'll find a coach who's not thinking about [Cincinnati's] Carson Palmer."

Tomlin did not become any more popular in Cleveland when he laughed the day after the Super Bowl when a Cleveland writer asked a question and Tomlin responded, "Oh, you're from Cleveland!"

"More than anything, I was responding to how he said it," Tomlin explained yesterday. "He said it in such a way that led to the response I had. I know what this business is about from a competitive standpoint and I'm not looking for any friends in Cleveland, Ohio."

That my friends ( sorry to the ladies ) is as beautiful as my sig.
:tt1 :brownssuck

Cleveland -> :owned

The man has his finger on the pulse, what an awesome coach. We are on the brink of something reallly special in the years to come folks.

NorthCoast
03-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Here is the Brown's beat writer's take on the same interview:

Steelers' Tomlin believes in rivalry
By Patrick McManamon
Beacon Journal sports columnist

POSTED: 10:56 p.m. EDT, Mar 25, 2009

DANA POINT, CALIF.: Mike Tomlin gets it.

Tomlin understands what it means to coach in Pittsburgh, to coach against the Browns, and to coach in a rivalry.

''I'm not looking for any friends in Cleveland, Ohio,'' Tomlin said this week at the NFL's annual meetings.

The statement came when Tomlin was asked to explain a comment the day after the Steelers won the Super Bowl. When a reporter from Cleveland introduced himself to ask a question, Tomlin chuckled and said: ''Cleveland?''

Then he laughed again.

Tomlin said he was playing off the reporter's tone, though the reporter (Tony Grossi of the Plain Dealer) said he merely introduced himself.

Tomlin probably doesn't care.

He understands there is a rivalry with the Browns, and he's not afraid to be the enemy. In the past few years, some Browns players and coaches have shunned talk of a rivalry, calling it a game like any other.

''History speaks for itself,'' Tomlin said. ''The proximity of the two cities, the desire for greatness, the unbridled fan support in both spots it makes for a great rivalry.

''When you sit in the position that I'm in, it's something that you anticipate and embrace, the fact that you're not going to be a celebrated guy in that city.

''I think the same bodes for coach [Eric] Mangini in Pittsburgh. It's part of it.

''It's something you embrace, and you might as well embrace it as opposed to fight it.''

The Steelers have dominated the games recently, but that does not matter to Tomlin.

''It will always be a rivalry regardless of the recent history,'' he said. ''Our rear view is very small, our windshield is very big.''

The continuity with the Steelers is something that has helped the rivalry. Guys like Hines Ward and James Farrior have been Steelers for years. They understand the game.

The Browns continue to turn over their roster, and now look to 2009 with 10 new free agents and several new draft picks few of whom have been around the rivalry.

But one thing that might help is that Browns coach Eric Mangini understands the game.

''It's a special game,'' Mangini said. ''Everybody's aware of that. I'm aware of that. There's no way you can't not be aware of it, that you don't appreciate the tradition, the uniqueness of it.''

Clearly the elements are back in place to revive the rivalry if the Browns and Mangini can find a way to win one of the stinking games.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/41869702.html

McManamon is one of the most balanced writers I have seen and I respect most things he has to say even though he writes for the Browns.

stlrz d
03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
''It will always be a rivalry regardless of the recent history,'' he said. ''Our rear view is very small, our windshield is very big.''

:Clap

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
03-26-2009, 11:34 PM

That may be better that the Cleveland Chuckle, hey can we tradmark that :lol:

Seriously the Cleveland Chuckles that may be a better name than Browns

Hey Cleveland kiss my :moon

Jigawatts
03-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Hey, remember the time the Steelers won the Super Bowl? Remember that?

That was AWESOME. :D

Eddie Spaghetti
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
he is scheduled to appear and give a talk to high school coaches from all over tennessee next month. supposedly i am on the guest list through a friend at UT.

i can't wait to hear that.

AkronSteel
03-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Bravo Coach Tomlin....even though the Browns are terrible and haven't beaten the Steelers since the Nixon administration he wants to let everyone know that he will not, nor will his team, be overlooking the Browns anytime soon. This guy is so awesome....I loved Cowher but I wouldn't trade Coach Tomlin for anything at this point. The guy is a class act and has a tremendous chip on his shoulder.......Awesome Frickin' Awesome!!!!

:brownssuck ............ just ask Coach Tomlin!!!

:tt1 :tt2

stlrz d
03-27-2009, 06:38 PM

Hey, remember the time the Steelers won the Super Bowl? Remember that?

That was AWESOME. :D

I knew that...why can't I remember it?!?!?!

Jooser
03-27-2009, 09:52 PM
[youtube:2xl01xss]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YWwQZp7r_8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YWwQZp7r_8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube:2xl01xss]

You know, I just might be missing the point here people. But, hell, have a laugh on me.