PDA

View Full Version : the Towel, Gold or Black?

Jooser
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I just ordered my first black Terrible Towel. I was just curious as to how you guys and gals rank them.

Looks- I give the edge to the Black one. It looks great trimmed out in gold. I'd probably take this one to an away game and wear my white jersey. They'd go well together.

Functionality - I have to go with the Gold. There's nothing like that sea of Gold when they all start waving. Without them, Heinz Field would be like waking up on Sunday morning with no church bells ringing.

Overall - Although I like this new Black one and think that it's sharp as hell, my overall vote would have to go to the Gold one. It's got that tradition thing going that's a Steelers' masterpiece.

mshifko
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
black for display, the gold for gameday

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I always carry a woven Terrible Towel (the words are not screen-printed, they are a part of the towel itself) in which one side is gold with black letters and the other side is black with gold letters (of course, on the black side, the words are a mirror image, but still...)

MeetJoeGreene
03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I always carry a woven Terrible Towel (the words are not screen-printed, they are a part of the towel itself) in which one side is gold with black letters and the other side is black with gold letters (of course, on the black side, the words are a mirror image, but still...)

I always carry 2 of those. Plus a pure gold one.
:tt1 :Beer :moon :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM

I always carry 2 of those. Plus a pure gold one.
:tt1 :Beer :moon :lol:

I always carry my woven one and a gold one. It has been the gold one I bought in Detroit for the past 3 years. But now that one is getting retired so that I can put the one I got in Tampa into the rotation (quite literally).

:tt2 :tt1

Djfan
03-27-2009, 01:43 AM
black for display, the gold for gameday

This.

Plus, all my Steelers pins are on a black towel hanging in my shrine.

Discipline of Steel
03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
I have been using the same TT since they were invented. Its so old it doesnt even have Myron Cope's name on it. I must say gold (even if its a faded gold).

Jooser
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah, see I am going to replace my original TT on my wall with the black one. I have two gold ones. The first one I bought in '95 when we played the Cryboys and the second one is a Super Bowl XL edition. So, I am bringing back one of those gold ones and replacing it with the black one in my Steelers Cave.

Oh, yeah, I got my three SI's from the playoffs and Super Bowl framed and hung up last weekend, I'll post some pics tonight maybe.

-Joos

GreggyDigital
03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
If you are going to a game, gold for sure.

AkronSteel
03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Can't go away from the gold! I like the black ones but I just can't use them! I have one or two but its all gold all day on Sunday for me! I had an embroidered one but I dropped it at the MNF Colts game in 02 and haven't got around to buying another one! They are pretty sweet though!

pfelix73
03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, what's the girlfriend/ boyfriend/ wife/ husband/ partner have to say about having the towel in bed? (For those who always have the towel with them)

:tt2 :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, what's the girlfriend/ boyfriend/ wife/ husband/ partner have to say about having the towel in bed? (For those who always have the towel with them)

I know that I done good if she twirls it around afterward (in a counterclockwise swirl...that's my move) :)

Jooser
03-27-2009, 07:10 PM

I know that I done good if she twirls it around afterward (in a counterclockwise swirl...that's my move) :)

You're on a roll today RB. The CCW Swirl was poised to strike, and BOY, did he strike!

:Beer

pfelix73
03-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Good answer.

:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM

You're on a roll today RB. The CCW Swirl was poised to strike, and BOY, did he strike!

You probably use the pinch. :)

Jooser
03-27-2009, 09:38 PM

Only the Swirl can lead up to the pinch.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z167/SunniSandi6/cooterpincher.gif
You probably use the pinch. :)

Acero
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I have two towels by my side during gametime: one gold, one black. When we're on defense, I grab the black one. On offense, I grab the gold one. Dunno, it's just a habit I've acquired and have been doing for a few years now.

But for mass twirling, I agree: you have to go with the gold towel.

Jooser
03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
I have two towels by my side during gametime: one gold, one black. When we're on defense, I grab the black one. On offense, I grab the gold one. Dunno, it's just a habit I've acquired and have been doing for a few years now.

But for mass twirling, I agree: you have to go with the gold towel.

Damn Acero, maybe you should pull the black one on Goal Line situations... Just sayin...