PDA

View Full Version : John Stallworth Now a Steelers Owner

Flasteel
03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Cool. Good to see the tie with a former Pittsburgh great. Stallworth must be pretty smart with his money 'cause you have to figure he made comparative peanuts as a player in the '70's & '80's.

JOHN STALLWORTH JOINS STEELERS OWNERSHIP GROUP
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2009, 6:55 p.m.
The “very recognizable name” to which Steelers president Art Rooney II referred last week has been revealed.

Hall of Fame receiver John Stallworth is joining the franchise’s ownership group.

Stallworth was approved at Monday’s league meetings, along with two other investors — Bruce V. Rauner, Chairman of GTCR Golder Rauner, and the Varischetti family of Brockway, Pennsylvania.

James Haslam III, the Paul family, and Thomas Tull previously have been approved by the league.

The Steelers also announced that the closing date for the restructuring of the ownership of the team has been moved from March 31, 2009 until May 2009, and the release implies that additional investors could be added.

Under the new ownership structure, Dan Rooney and Art Rooney II will own 30 percent of the franchise, the McGinley family will continue to own 20 percent, and the new investors will own a total of 50 percent.

The specific shares of the new investors have not yet been disclosed.

Previously, five Rooney brothers shared 80 percent of the team, and the McGinley family held its 20-percent stake. Under the transaction, Dan Rooney and Art Rooney II increase their joint position from 16 percent to 30 percent, giving them the controlling interest in the franchise.

Discipline of Steel
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Thats awesome, the man just reinvented his public profile.

rpmpit
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
How cool is this??? :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Wolfhound45
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
AWESOME!

John Stallworth is what the Steelers are all about!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0901/nfl.super.bowl.covers.1/images/john-stallworth.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
03-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I wonder what good 'ole zayets thinks of this. :stirpot

feltdizz
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
I thought you had to have big money? I mean really big money to be in this group?

OK.. well I read the whole article and apparently Stallworth made dough starting up a company and selling it in Huntsville, AL

My wife is from there and I remember her saying she grew up with Stallworth's daughter and I thought it was weird she was in Alabama...

what's really funny is my wife AND her mom (2 southern girls) married men from Pittsburgh...

please no jokes. :nono

MeetJoeGreene
03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I thought you had to have big money? I mean really big money to be in this group?

OK.. well I read the whole article and apparently Stallworth made dough starting up a company and selling it in Huntsville, AL

My wife is from there and I remember her saying she grew up with Stallworth's daughter and I thought it was weird she was in Alabama...

what's really funny is my wife AND her mom (2 southern girls) married men from Pittsburgh...

So, do your kids say yinz or y'all or yinz'all?

papillon
03-24-2009, 08:09 AM

Now that's funny right there and I don't care who ya are. :P

Pappy

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Pappy

MJG on his game at 6AM ET even! :lol:

Btw, imo, yinz'all sounds pretty effin' cool! :P Upon further thought, it sounds like a Sawzall marketed exclusively to SW PA! :P

papillon
03-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Pappy

Btw, imo, yinz'all sounds pretty effin' cool! :P Upon further thought, it sounds like a Sawzall marketed exclusively to SW PA! :P

I own a Yinz'all it was designed and built by company dahntahn next to the fish sammich shop in S'liberty. :P

Pappy

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Pappy

I own a Yinz'all it was designed and built by company dahntahn next to the fish sammich shop in S'liberty. :P

Pappy

Hany fer dose home redoin' projects, eh? Helps yinz rhet up yinzes haus?

feltdizz
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM

LOL!! neither... she made an effort not too sound country (private school for the arts)... and black people from Western PA don't really say yinz...

I think it's more of a cultural thing with the Polish and Italians in the area...

It's funny cause when I first got on here(P.Live/here) and saw all the yinz and Stiller jokes I didn't get it until I went back home and went to the N. Side...

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 12:16 PM

LOL!! neither... she made an effort not too sound country (private school for the arts)... and black people from Western PA don't really say yinz...

I think it's more of a cultural thing with the Polish and Italians in the area...

It's funny cause when I first got on here(P.Live/here) and saw all the yinz and Stiller jokes I didn't get it until I went back home and went to the N. Side...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz

Yes, yinz has a wiki entry! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
"Ask not wah yinzes country can do fer you n'at. Ask wah yinz can do fer yinzes country" - John F. Kennedy

"Or Not. Ats da question." - Hamlet

"I pledge allsegiance to da flag anna United States of America. And to da republic fer which it stands, one nation under Gawd, indivisible, wit liberty and jestice fer alls." - Millions of children

"A sputzee in da han is worth two in da bush." - Ben Franklin

SteelBucks
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
"Ask not wah yinzes country can do fer you n'at. Ask wah yinz can do fer yinzes country" - John F. Kennedy

"I pledge allsegiance to da flag anna United States of America. And to da republic fer which it stands, one nation under Gawd, indivisible, wit liberty and jestice fer alls." - Millions of children

Fer dose not familar wit "picksburgese", click here:

http://www.pittsburghese.com/translator.shtml

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Where do you think I get it from? :D

If it weren't for pittsburghese.com I would have never learned what "nebby" means. :lol:

I mean, if you're not from Pittsburgh there is no way you can figure it out from context: Why is yinz so nebby?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM

If it weren't for pittsburghese.com I would have never learned what "nebby" means. :lol:

I mean, if you're not from Pittsburgh there is no way you can figure it out from context: Why is yinz so nebby?

nebby? That means nosey right? Damn.. I remember the cheerleaders saying that at football camp back when I was like 10 or 11....

LOL!!! what about chipped ham? Is that only done in the Burgh? I've never heard anyone say that anywhere else I have lived.

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.shaunscheerbaum.com/isalys_weblayout.jpg

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 09:56 PM

nebby? That means nosey right? Damn.. I remember the cheerleaders saying that at football camp back when I was like 10 or 11....

LOL!!! what about chipped ham? Is that only done in the Burgh? I've never heard anyone say that anywhere else I have lived.

Yup!

SteelBucks
03-25-2009, 07:39 AM

After college, my job moved me to Texas for a few years and I once tried to order chipped ham from a local deli. They had no clue what I was talking about......it's definitely a Burgh thing!

:D

NorthCoast
03-25-2009, 09:02 AM
This is announcement could be worrisome or welcome. Worrisome because now there will be multiple owners that may or may not agree on direction for the team. Welcome because no one owner has sufficient shares to cause problems.