PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 - Steelers vs. Titans?

SteelBucks
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
From Peter King's MMQB......

News Item: It's beginning to look like a Tennessee-Pittsburgh season-opener ... with the long-awaited Dallas stadium-opener possible in Week 2, not Week 1.

The NFL doesn't have great options for the Steelers for opening night, Sept. 10. San Diego, Green Bay and Tennessee are the best ones (the Ravens have requested not to be prime-time fodder for the Steelers for the fourth time in three years), and I'm hearing the Titans are favorite sons here. Roethlisberger-Collins. Young stud versus old. And don't forget the infamous towel-stomping incident -- I know the Steelers haven't. Good matchup if it happens. Very good. The football world approves.

rpmpit
03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
This would be awesome. I was hoping to meet these fools in the playoffs. But Baltimore beating them set us up for the AFCCG at home, so no complaints there.

This will be a great way to start off the new season!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

papillon
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
This would be awesome. I was hoping to meet these fools in the playoffs. But Baltimore beating them set us up for the AFCCG at home, so no complaints there.

This will be a great way to start off the new season!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Even greater would be to see the man in your sig under contract for the next 4-5 years when the Steelers play this opening game.

Pappy

SteelerNation1
03-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I figured either Titans or Pack

Oviedo
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I figured either Titans or Pack

I'm betting the Packers. Two of the most historic franchises with the most number of NFL championships between them plus it would be AFC versus NFC.

stlrz d
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm sticking with my Chargers prediction.

WoodleyofTroy
03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Packers just looks like something that would be scheduled late in the year...in cold weather.

My first guess was Baltimore until they got injured (boxing reference), now it is Tennessee.

Oviedo
03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Packers just looks like something that would be scheduled late in the year...in cold weather.

My first guess was Baltimore until they got injured (boxing reference), now it is Tennessee.

Not sure that Tennessee brings the TV demographics for a mid week prime time game. Obviously the Steelers would but I would think that the other opponent would be from a big market. What about the Bears? We are going to play them and they are 3rd biggest media market in the country plus you still get AFC versus NFC.

Not sure about San Diego because it would be a 3 hour time zone swing in midweek.

motter1975
03-23-2009, 01:19 PM

Not sure that Tennessee brings the TV demographics for a mid week prime time game. Obviously the Steelers would but I would think that the other opponent would be from a big market. What about the Bears? We are going to play them and they are 3rd biggest media market in the country plus you still get AFC versus NFC.

Not sure about San Diego because it would be a 3 hour time zone swing in midweek.

Can't be the Bears...we play them in Chicago this year.

100$handshake
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09082/957709-66.stm

Steelers to open 2009 season with Tennessee
Monday, March 23, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.
First published on March 23, 2009 at 1:56 pm

WoodleyofTroy
03-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Monday, March 23, 2009
The Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season with a game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, September 10th.

The game, which the NFL will officially announce later today, is the traditional first-game of the kickoff weekend. The Super Bowl winner traditionally hosts the season's first game on Thursday night. It will air on TV on NBC.

The Titans were the no. 1 seed in the playoffs last year and the Steelers were no. 2. Baltimore upset the Titans in Tennessee and moved onto the AFC championship game at Heinz Field the following week. Ravens officials reportedley asked the NFL not to schedule them for the Thursday night opener against Pittsburgh.

SteelBucks
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Monday, March 23, 2009

Only 171 days to go!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

pfelix73
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll be there....

Looking forward to it!

:tt1