PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Re-sign Madison

calmkiller
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09079/957123-100.stm

Steelers re-sign CB Madison
Friday, March 20, 2009
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers back up cornerback Anthony Madison signed his one-year tender, the team announced Friday.

Last season was Madison's best with the team since signing as an undrafted free agent from Alabama in 2006. He had a career-high 25 special teams tackles last year.

He began his Steelers career on the practice squad before moving up to the 53-man roster midway through 2006. He briefly spent time with Tampa Bay in 2007 before rejoining the Steelers.

No financial terms were disclosed.

phillyesq
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Nitpicky, I know, but I love how the article says that he signed his tender, and then goes on to say that the financial terms were not disclosed.

In any event, glad he is coming back. Solid special teams player.

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Nitpicky, I know, but I love how the article says that he signed his tender, and then goes on to say that the financial terms were not disclosed.

In any event, glad he is coming back. Solid special teams player.

Yeah...I'll disclose the terms. It was one year for $1,010,000. :wink:

SteelerNation1
03-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Big signing. Madison is excellent on st. Now, sign key fox and our st should be spectacular again

Discipline of Steel
03-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Big signing. Madison is excellent on st. Now, sign key fox and our st should be spectacular again

That is if we can get a solid KR. Otherwise I agree.

frankthetank1
03-21-2009, 09:59 AM

i know he isnt the answer but i thought russell did a very good job at kr. st's were great last season. i would be shocked if fox isnt signed

RuthlessBurgher
03-21-2009, 11:35 PM

i know he isnt the answer but i thought russell did a very good job at kr. st's were great last season. i would be shocked if fox isnt signed

Our coverage units were excellent. However, our return units were merely adequate. Adequate is much better than a few short years ago when I was just praying that the return guy wouldn't have the ball carom off his facemask, but we can still do even better. I hope that the CB and/or WR they draft to fill BMac and Nate's roster spots have some returnability. It would be better to have a guy that is more of a threat to take it to the house on kick returns (Russell was solid, but he's not exactly a shifty little speed demon) and someone who could let Santonio focus solely on his WR duties instead of fielding punts (I was always scared he would blow out a knee on a punt return or something like that).