PDA

View Full Version : Ravens don't wanna come to Heinz for Prime Time

stlrz d
03-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Bok, bok, bok...chicken!!! :ratsuck

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... 8732.story (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens320,0,7828732.story)

Source: Ravens ask NFL for no prime-time game in Pittsburgh

By Jamison Hensley | jamison.hensley@baltsun.com
11:21 AM EDT, March 20, 2009

Contrary to rumors, the Ravens are not expected to kick off the 2009 regular season at the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers in the Thursday night season opener.

As part of their scheduling requests to the league, the Ravens asked not to play a prime-time game at Heinz Field this season, a team official told The Baltimore Sun.

The Ravens have played a nationally televised game at Pittsburgh for three of the past four seasons, including the past two years. The Ravens have never won a prime-time game at Pittsburgh, losing all four times.

It has become tradition that the defending Super Bowl champion opens the NFL season with a nationally televised game at home. There were rumors that the league would begin with Ravens-Steelers, a rematch of the AFC championship game.

The first games of the 2009 season -- the prime-time games for Thursday, Sunday and Monday nights -- are expected to be announced next week at the NFL owners meetings. The rest of the regular-season schedule is usually announced in April.

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Sucks getting embarrassed by us when everyone is watching.

They would prefer to get embarrassed by us at 1:00 p.m. on most of the country is watching their regional games.

:loser :ratsuck

True Fan
03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Good!
This game should be focued on the steelers, not that murdering POS ray ray. You know damn well the camera would be on that ashsole more than big ben

SteelerNation1
03-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking its going to be the packers

stlrz d
03-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm thinking its going to be the packers

Dude, this isn't just about the season opener. What they are saying is when they come to Heinz, regardless of where it falls in the schedule, they do not want it to be prime time. They don't want everyone watching when they play us. :lol:

costanza2k1
03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
wow that's just weak, no confidence in their team whatsoever. I bet we end up playing the Titans on our opener...

RKSteel
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Just like the Bronco's in 06, Shannahan did not want to play the Steelers in the home opener either.

MeetJoeGreene
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
The ratbirds QB, Flacco is scheduled for URS (Unibrow Removal Surgery) the day of the NFL Primetime kickoff. That is the real reason. And he happens to have many follow-up treatments that will also conflict with prime time games.

Give the guy a break.

Wolfhound45
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
The ratbirds QB, Flacco is scheduled for URS (Unibrow Removal Surgery) the day of the NFL Primetime kickoff.

That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

:P

Vindrow
03-20-2009, 05:09 PM
The Ravens whenever they play the Steelers:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4151/cryingbabygianteyes1.jpg

Ozey74
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that the primetime games of week #1 are announced at the offseason meetings that are taking place this week!!

We may know our opponent week #1 in just a few days! :tt2

stlrz d
03-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Once more since it seems to have been missed (c'mon guys, reading comprehension is important!):

The Ravens do not want to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh this season regardless of what week it is. Not just opening week, ANY week.

When they come to Heinz, whatever week that may be, they want a 1:00 Sunday kick off.

That makes it all that much better!

Just imagine the smack talk our guys will have after this article makes it's way to them...and you know it will!

MeetJoeGreene
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
My joke was comprehensive and covered kickoff and other primetime games, thank you very much.

Once more since it seems to have been missed (c'mon guys, reading comprehension is important!):

The Ravens do not want to play a prime time game in Pittsburgh this season regardless of what week it is. Not just opening week, ANY week.

When they come to Heinz, whatever week that may be, they want a 1:00 Sunday kick off.

That makes it all that much better!

Just imagine the smack talk our guys will have after this article makes it's way to them...and you know it will!

Discipline of Steel
03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
When is it that the Ravens dont want to play us in prime time?

TallyStiller
03-20-2009, 10:00 PM
If it's not in primetime, it'll most definitely be a 4:15 PM featured game on CBS. It'll still have a national audience.

stlrz d
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
My joke was comprehensive and covered kickoff and other primetime games, thank you very much.

Apologies to those who understood the article.

Sorry for being nit-picky, but it's not as funny if it's not understood that they don't want to play us any week in prime time.

pfelix73
03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
:ratsuck

proudpittsburgher
03-21-2009, 08:59 AM

Sorry for being nit-picky, but it's not as funny if it's not understood that they don't want to play us any week in prime time.

D, you act as if this is the first time a thread has veered off in another direction. It happens on message boards. Don't take it so personally.

JDSteeler
03-21-2009, 10:01 AM
When do the Rats get to choose their flipping schedule??

Poor little Joe Flacco is scared of the Primetime??? Ray Ray
is scared of Heinz Field???

Hairball Harbaugh is a Chicken-sh** punk!

If their head coach had a sack, he would not have just embarrassed
himself, and the rest of his team.

The Steelers are in their heads already and the season hasnt even
started yet.

I know for a fact, that we gonna sweep their behinds again!!!!!!

With any luck, I will be able to get tix to the Rats game this season!!

I'm just getting started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frooooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

frankthetank1
03-21-2009, 10:09 AM
When is it that the Ravens dont want to play us in prime time?

i would assume it would be in regards to the first game of the season on a thursday night

stlrz d
03-21-2009, 10:43 AM

D, you act as if this is the first time a thread has veered off in another direction. It happens on message boards. Don't take it so personally.

I didn't take it personally. If it had simply veered off it wouldn't have bugged me. What bugged me is it's clear that some folks took it to mean the first game of the season...but the actual truth is much, much better than that. Much better.

Much.

Better.

Much.

Better.

:P

ikestops85
03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
So what you are saying is the ratbirds don't want to play us in primetime on the opening weekend. :moon

but they will play us in primetime on any other week. :stirpot

:lol:

ramblinjim
03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey, I don't understand what the Raven's problem is. A team that was one win away from the Superbowl shouldn't have a lack of confidence. Are they so wrapped up in superstition they think we have their number on prime time? Get real. Put on the pads, go out and play football. What a bunch of suckers. If you must, sacrifice a chicken before the game. It's not like we beat them 40-0 every time we played.

The Ravens don't tell the NFL when they are going to play, the NFL tells the Ravens. The only match up on the Thursday night game that would be better than Pittsburgh - Baltimore would be Pittsburgh - Arizona.