PDA

View Full Version : Oviedo's Targeted Offense Players by Position

Oviedo
03-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Going into building my final Mock and the research I have done he are my “targeted” players by positions on Offense. This is based on the positions in order I think the Steelers really need to get players for. Under each position is how I rate them in order and it is based on players I think we have a realistic chance to get so some top players aren’t there because of where we pick.

OT (get 1, maybe a 2nd late):
Michael Oher
Jamon Meredith
Phil Loadholdt (RT or move inside to Guard)
Fenuki Toupou
Troy Kropog
Andrew Gardner
TJ Lang
Gus Parrish
Ryan Stanchek

C/OG (Get 2/ 1 early and 1 middle to late):
Alex Mack (C/G)
Max Unger (C/G/T)
Kraig Urbik (G)
Andy Levitre (G)
Louis Vasquez
Tyrone Green
AQ Shipley (C)
Greg Isadaner

WR (Get 1):
Derrick Williams
Mike Thomas
Austin Collie
Mohamed Massaquoi
Jarrett Dillard
Deon Butler

RB/FB (only a late pick):
Frank Summers
Quinn Johnson
Brannan Sutherland
Tony Fiametta

TE (not this year):

SteelBucks
03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Nice Oviedo. You might want to add Brian Robiskie to your WR list....rumor in Columbus is the Steelers are very interested in him after his Pro Day.

Jom112
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I would move TJ Lang to the C/G section. I know he played OT in college but I think he'll play Guard or Center in the NFL...

Lebsteel
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Very good list. I'd add Gerald Cadogan and Cornelius Lewis to the OT list. I think both may be available in the Rd. 3-4 range.

Oviedo
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Nice Oviedo. You might want to add Brian Robiskie to your WR list....rumor in Columbus is the Steelers are very interested in him after his Pro Day.

I don't have Robiskie on the list because I think he would be gone before we pick in Round 3 and I hope we don't take a WR before then. I want to focus on one DL and one OL in Rounds 2 and 3. Hopefully the Steelers do too.