PDA

View Full Version : Who does Ben remind YOU of?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I was watching Tenn vs Pitt back in 03 when their kicker flopped and fell down like a truck hit him thus giving the game to TN on a running into the kicker call. It took awhile for me to get over that one--anyways Tn's QB at the time was S. McNair. I gotta tell you he reminded me of Ben alot in that game and come to think about it in alot of other games throughout his career. He was one guy I loved to see retire. He seemed to always have the Steelers Number.
That gets me thinking also, their must be alot of Ben hatters, you think you got him and then he's completing a 3rd and 10 in a crucial part of the game.
McNair and Ben remind me of eachother. Who comes to your mind when thinking of Big Ben---Past or present.

feltdizz
03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Ben is overrated...

I want Romo... :stirpot

I would have to say Ben reminds me of Elway..

or any of the old Notre Dame QB's, not because they were good but those Irish a##holes always found a way to win games they had no business winning back in the 80's...

I hate ND.. but the luck of the Irish seems to be with Ben.. I know the haters really hate him now..

Chadman
03-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Ahh....Ben....liked & hated at the same time... questioned as to how good he is to how good he could be if he would just leave the partying & good times behind to focus...the face of the franchise....does his own thing....more flash than mechanics....

Who is he like?

Broadway Joe.

:Cheers

Jooser
03-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I gotta say that Ben reminds me most of Elway. He's the come from behind king. The drive was replaced by 'THE EFFING DRIVE' in Super Bowl XLIII. Maybe I'll re-phrase that, Elway reminds me of BB. Ben is off to a better start in SB wins than 'ol horse-mouth. :wink:

WoodleyofTroy
03-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Not sure if this belongs here, but I would like to trade for Jay Cutler.

Signed,
SteelCzar76

flippy
03-19-2009, 06:15 AM
terry

pfelix73
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
There's no way Ben would remind me of McNair. One won a SB (2) and the other couldn't (didn't). Night and day difference- IMO.

Ben reminds me most of Elway. The comeback kid.

stlrz d
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
He reminds me of a winner.

pfelix73
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Right on.
:tt1

SteelHead
03-19-2009, 01:51 PM
He reminds me of a winner.

:Clap

:Agree

:Boobs , had to throw that in there.

feltdizz
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
There's no way Ben would remind me of McNair. One won a SB (2) and the other couldn't (didn't). Night and day difference- IMO.

Ben reminds me most of Elway. The comeback kid.

I think when he says McNair he means when he played us when the Titans where in our division.... dude would not go down.

Rings aside.. McNair was that QB who withstood our blitzes and really effed up a few of our seasons.

mshifko
03-19-2009, 07:09 PM
he has the traits of many quarterbacks, but i can't really say he reminds me of someone...he has the comeback ability of elway, the escapability of elway/mcnair, a strong arm, and he's just a winner...it isn't always pretty, but he wins football games and makes it happen, what more can you ask for? he's the best QB in the game right now and i wouldn't take any other QB over him...

Ozey74
03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Reminds me a bit of Will Ferrell. Not so much in appearance, but his mannerisms. He could of played Ferrell's role in "Old School" and done a great job.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
It was mentioned on a thread a little while ago how the big 3 QB's now are reminiscent of the big 3 QB's of the 80's.

Brady is like Montana in that they both were steals in the draft (the rare elite QB's who weren't 1st round picks) and have smoothness to their game, leading dynasties to multiple Super Bowl titles.

Peyton is like Marino in that they both are both pure passers that piled up monster stats but do not measure up to the other top QB's in terms of championships.

Ben is like Elway in that they both could scramble away from pressure and still make an amazing throw, leading their teams to countless comeback and multiple Super Bowls.

SteelCzar76
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Joe Namath. Though he attempts to play like Elway. (Some eerie similarities are there,.. but he doesn't throw the ball as well)

Wolfhound45
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
This guy.

http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2008/09/terry-bradshaw-passing-football_nc.jpg

Go back and watch games (not highlights) from the 70s. The similarity is unbelievable. The gunslinger, go for broke mentality. The ability to escape a sack.

Eerie.

papillon
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM
This guy.

http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2008/09/terry-bradshaw-passing-football_nc.jpg

Go back and watch games (not highlights) from the 70s. The similarity is unbelievable. The gunslinger, go for broke mentality. The ability to escape a sack.

Eerie.

:Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

Pappy

pfelix73
03-20-2009, 11:34 PM
#12.

The greatest of all-time.........

:Steel