PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: Loadholt and Robinson.

WoodleyofTroy
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Today, 12:12 AM #1
Pitt
Rookie

Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year around this time, they were top 15 prospects for this years draft.

Did these two benefit from playing on the same side of the line together? (i.e. Better result on the field). Now that they are being dissected indivdually, their stock has dropped signficantly..

Today, 12:18 AM #2
RavenOfProphecy
Pro Bowler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They've been dropping a bit through the year. Neither one was especially impressive down the stretch and Loadholt has not shown the ability to handle speed off the edge.

Today, 12:20 AM #3
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

They both were incredibly overrated. Duke as a middle 2nd rounder is about right. I don't think he's a better prospect than guys like Aaron Sears or Blalock of a few years ago.

I don't see Loadholt as a starter in the NFL. It's good to be that big, but he has horrible knee bend and I don't think could even cut it at RT in the NFL.

I think Loadholt is a 4th/5th rounder.

Today, 12:58 AM #4
BeerBaron
Sexy as Gould
All-Pro

Well, I still feel that Loadholt would make a great RT in the late 2nd round area. Yeah, he was overrated before with first round hype, but in that area, I think you'd get a great run blocking RT out of him.

As for Robinson, I think he's still the best true guard prospect in the draft and will go mid-2nd. He really hurt himself in the national title game, but he had times of being great before that.

Today, 01:06 AM #5
SenorGato
Veteran

Both will be fine in the long run.

I really, really like Duke as a pro.

Today, 01:28 AM #6
holt_bruce81
Pro Bowler

I like them both. I think Loadholt could be a dominating Run-Blocker in the NFL.

Today, 02:15 AM #7
BigBanger
Rookie

Both are finally getting rated where they deserve. The day everyone stops talking about Loadholt is the day he gets the recognition he deserves: None. That day with come the day after the draft comes to a close when he's mentioned as someone's 6th round pick. He will not amount to anything in the NFL. Loadholt has NO redeeming qualities. He's a big slow T that bends at the waist and gets killed off the snap. Terrible DEs ran around him all year long. He plays with terrible leverage. He's like a poor mans Max Starks, and I'm being very generous. He's more like a poor mans Mike Williams.

Duke is very slow with bad feet and hips as well. He can't move laterally at all. He is going to be scheme dependent and struggle with quick DTs. He's a solid 3rd rounder. Late second if a team has a glaring need.

Laodholt and Herman Johnson are big oger's who are too big to be in the NFL. They can't handle guys with great speed, technique and leverage. They have no desirable qualities.

Today, 06:39 AM #8
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Well, I still feel that Loadholt would make a great RT in the late 2nd round area. Yeah, he was overrated before with first round hype, but in that area, I think you'd get a great run blocking RT out of him.

As for Robinson, I think he's still the best true guard prospect in the draft and will go mid-2nd. He really hurt himself in the national title game, but he had times of being great before that.

I've been saying all year and getting slammed. Robinson is a 3rd round prospect.

In terms of talent, I don't know if he's a better prospect than Vasquez.

Robinson has had decent games against weaker dt's that can't move him (Much like Terrance Cody against 285lb OG's).

Robinson has been exposed on National TV twice in bowl games. The Florida game wasn't nearly as damning as the WVU Game where UDFA Keilen Dykes and Johnny Dingle just abused him all game.

Today, 08:51 AM #9
Black Bolt
Rookie

I don't recall that. I remember Robinson being talked about in the second half of the first. This was before the junior declared, so it is perfectly reasonable that they would be considered where they are right now. Robinson is particular is overrated. He missed blocked at a high rate because he is over aggressive and has poor lateral movement. Loadholt has a chance to make something of himself at RT in the NFL, but he would have to work his way into the starting lineup. If not, he could be a RG.

Today, 09:01 AM #10
oldman9er
Rookie

As said, I agree that Duke looks like a good pick in the mid 2nd round.

Loadholt has awful recovery speed, so if he twitches the wrong way in the slightest, his man will blow past him if not illegally held. He might be a RT for a short time, but I suspect that he will get exposed as the next Kwame Harris. All that said, he will probably be drafted in the 2nd/3rd by an OT-desperate team that feels they can improve him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt
I don't recall that. I remember Robinson being talked about in the second half of the first. This was before the junior declared, so it is perfectly reasonable that they would be considered where they are right now. Robinson is particular is overrated. He missed blocked at a high rate because he is over aggressive and has poor lateral movement. Loadholt has a chance to make something of himself at RT in the NFL, but he would have to work his way into the starting lineup. If not, he could be a RG.

Todd McShay had Robinson and Loaholt right there with the likes of Maualuga, Tyson Jackson, Vontae Davis, Malcolm Jenkins, and Michael Oher, as top prospects, about exactly around this time last year. And if I remember correctly, Robinson was being compared to Shawn Andrews.

Oviedo
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I still like Loadholdt or Urbik in Round 2.

I'll pas on Duke Robinson because I think Urbik will be a better Guard in the NFL.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
where is this from?

calmkiller
03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I as well will pass on Robinson.

Urbik will be better IMO.

Chadman
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
It'll depend on the scheme they are put in. If they are put into a pass-happy, stutterbug running game offence- yeah, they'll struggle.

If they were blocking for a big back like Bettis was, they'll be perfect mauling whoever is stupid enough to tangle with them.

It's all about the scheme...if the Giants select either of them, with Jacobs running behind them, they'll look like stars.

SteelCzar76
03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
It'll depend on the scheme they are put in. If they are put into a pass-happy, stutterbug running game offence- yeah, they'll struggle.

If they were blocking for a big back like Bettis was, they'll be perfect mauling whoever is stupid enough to tangle with them.

It's all about the scheme...if the Giants select either of them, with Jacobs running behind them, they'll look like stars.

Exactly. They're both relative "Maulers".