PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers sign a CB!

Chadman
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Fernando Bryant-DB- Steelers Mar. 17 - 9:18 am et

The Steelers have reportedly re-signed CB Fernando Bryant to a one-year contract.

Bryant, 32, is likely slated for dimeback duties if he can maintain a roster spot coming out of training camp.
Source: ProFootballTalk

:tt1

To be honest- Chadman is fine with this.

Jooser
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
eh - at least he brings some experience with him.....

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Myron Cope gives this signing a big ol' "Feh" with a side of "Hmm-Hah"

WoodleyofTroy
03-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Starks, Kemoeatu, Colon, McHugh, Frazier, Harrison, Bryant.

I'm actually surprised we were able to hang on to all of those. Credit to Colbert this off-season. Definitely keeping our own more so this year, and not clouding it with a bunch of castoffs from other teams.

Keyaron Fox should be next.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2009, 10:44 AM

I'm actually surprised we were able to hang on to all of those. Credit to Colbert this off-season. Definitely keeping our own more so this year, and not clouding it with a bunch of castoffs from other teams.

those first 3 bother me... starters on a BAD o-line... that's not necessarily a good thing...

calmkiller
03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
meh...

He knows the defense by now I guess and he is a body. Hopefully he will help teach the young buck coming in.

WoodleyofTroy
03-17-2009, 11:10 AM

those first 3 bother me... starters on a BAD o-line... that's not necessarily a good thing...

But if we lost them, it would be Stapleton, Capizzi, and Hills. Which is worse.

ramblinjim
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey WE WON A SUPERBOWL WITH THIS GUY...........

As I dodge the tomatoes being thrown at me. He knows the defense, he's a vet, seems like a good locker room kind of guy (or he wouldn't be back). And whoever said that perhaps he can train the next young buck coming up was probably right on the money.

Now let's sign Fox & James Harrison

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM

But if we lost them, it would be Stapleton, Capizzi, and Hills. Which is worse.

Actually, since Stapleton is already penciled in at RG, our o-line would look like:

Hills-Parquet-Hartwig-Stapleton-Capizzi

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Bryant sucks. He looked bad last year. I guess maybe a year in our system will help him out but I thought he looked old and bad last year. Maybe Tomlin isn't as high on CB Roy Lewis as I had thought. That sucks.

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Bryant sucks. He looked bad last year. I guess maybe a year in our system will help him out but I thought he looked old and bad last year. Maybe Tomlin isn't as high on CB Roy Lewis as I had thought. That sucks.

We'll see what happens in Latrobe. Lewis should show that he deserves a spot on the final roster moreso than Bryant.

Mel Blount's G
03-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Anyone know how much his contract is worth?

Discipline of Steel
03-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for posting this.

Anyone know how much his contract is worth?

:2c

frankthetank1
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM

bryant does suck but he might not even make the team. just like davis, they both have to earn a spot on the roster. i dont understand why not bodden. he doesnt cost a lot.

RuthlessBurgher
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM

bryant does suck but he might not even make the team. just like davis, they both have to earn a spot on the roster. i dont understand why not bodden. he doesnt cost a lot.

New England signed Bodden last week.

True Fan
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM

other than kemo, nobody else would pay any of these guys more than what the steelers did. the last 4-5 guys are camp fooder caliber

frankthetank1
03-21-2009, 10:19 AM

New England signed Bodden last week.

yea i know. i meant i dont understand why the steelers werent that interested in bodden. im sure the pats didnt pay him a lot