PDA

View Full Version : Pat McAfee

calmkiller
03-17-2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... 9&genpos=K (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58089&draftyear=2009&genpos=K)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingr ... McAfee.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/k/Pat-McAfee.php)

Just a thought do you think the Steelers bring Pat in for a look. Battle with Reed since he blew his top on a paper towel. He could be a backup punter as well if Suplveda is still having effects from his Knee injury? He currently holds the record for longest FG made at Heinz field. Just a thought. What does everyone think?

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
They always bring in an extra kicker/punter for camp to keep Reed and Sepulveda's legs fresh. He could be a candidate for that, but nothing more. We know who our kicker and punter will be. What happens in the Sheetz bathroom stays in the Sheetz bathroom. Besides, 58 out of 79 field goals in your college career (less than three quarters?) is by no means earth shattering.

Jooser
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
I love my 'Eers, but Hell no on McAfee. I think that he's got a strong enough leg, but he's a bigger head case than Reed. I mean that in a bad way, because the guy has some sort of psychological block on FGs less than 30 yards. It seems that the closer he his, the more likely he is to miss it. How many extra points has this guy missed in his career? A: LOTS. Also, if he could've just hit two gimme FGs against Pitt two years ago, we'd have been playing for the National Title and the Pitt homers woulda had one less win to brag about. Pat McAfee is the anti-clutch, and I don't want him anywhere near the Steelers, he was born to kick for the Browns.

Snatch98
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
His older brother graduated high school with me and sure why not.

RuthlessBurgher
03-17-2009, 10:33 AM
His older brother graduated high school with me and sure why not.

Fred? He seems to have more of a tan than Pat. :wink:

calmkiller
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Yea, just a thought. He does miss the short ones and has driven me crazy for years. He has a hell of a leg though. Just throwing my thoughts around in this one.

D Rock
03-17-2009, 01:44 PM
he's a strong dude for sure

I played HS volleyball against him...he's got a rocket arm swing too

Jooser
03-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Of course, I think he'd be valueable just to kick the damn ball for a touchback every KO, but can we afford a roster spot for that kind of thing?

Snatch98
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Where did you play v-ball. I didn't know he played for plum. I graduated from Plum in 01 and played v-ball all four years and then went to Mercyhurst to play.

D Rock
03-18-2009, 03:14 AM

Where did you play v-ball. I didn't know he played for plum. I graduated from Plum in 01 and played v-ball all four years and then went to Mercyhurst to play.

I played at North Allegheny. I played against Pat junior and senior year. He wasn't a dominant player but he could have been. Like I said earlier....he is super powerful but never really put it all together.

Snatch98
03-18-2009, 04:17 AM
[quote="D Rock":7attsjml]he's a strong dude for sure

I played at North Allegheny. I played against Pat junior and senior year. He wasn't a dominant player but he could have been. Like I said earlier....he is super powerful but never really put it all together.[/quote:7attsjml]

Haha nice. I hated your school with a passion in High School but you did always have a pretty kick ass tournament each year. We played you guys quite a bit. I also played for the Pittsburgh Renaissance. I hit outside and blocked weak side when needed but my bread and butter was Power. I was actually recruited at the NA tournament by the Mercyhurst Coach.

D Rock
03-19-2009, 01:20 AM
[quote="D Rock":1p4pj7h9]he's a strong dude for sure

I played at North Allegheny. I played against Pat junior and senior year. He wasn't a dominant player but he could have been. Like I said earlier....he is super powerful but never really put it all together.

Haha nice. I hated your school with a passion in High School but you did always have a pretty kick bad word tournament each year. We played you guys quite a bit. I also played for the Pittsburgh Renaissance. I hit outside and blocked weak side when needed but my bread and butter was Power. I was actually recruited at the NA tournament by the Mercyhurst Coach.[/quote:1p4pj7h9]

I'm straight defense....5' 7" limits me a bit.

I always liked your tournament too because it was always on draft weekend. The coaches left a tv on in their office that we could see through the windows in the locker room. We had some insider info too because Mularkey's son was on our team, but even when he was gone I was able to hang out in the locker room all day and watch the draft.

What is the name of the Mercyhurst coach? I feel like I may have met him before.