PDA

View Full Version : Best value at #32 and a darn good Mock...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Best Value:

H. Nicks WR NC
M. Unger C/G Oregon
M. Oher T Mississippi
T. Jackson DE LSU
V. Davis CB Illoines

If one of these guys don't fall to us or arn't at the #24-25 area to trade up to then I think we should trade back into the 2nd rnd picking up an extra 3rd rounder and an extra 2nd rounder. Do not trade up for anyone on list besides Oher or Jackson.

Example: Trade with Oakland They get our #32 we get their #8 pick in the 2nd rnd and their 3rd round pick.

Our picks would look like this:

Early 2nd rnd pick--F. Moala, Unger or Mack (one will still be there)

My pick: Moala DE USC
2nd round--F. Tupou T Oregon
Early 3rd--B. Robiskie WR OSU or J. Gilbert DE SJST.
3rd round--J. Watkins T Florida
3rd round comp--K. Lewis CB OR. ST.
4th round---T. Taylor DT Michigan
5th Round---A. Collie WR BYU
6th round--F. Joseph ILB Florida Atl.
7TH round--Q, Johnson FB ST LSU
7th round--K. Mitchell DT E. Carolina

Can't beat this MOCK!!!

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
The draft trade value chart shows that Oakland's 4th round pick (not its 3rd) would be the compensation required to move up 8 spots from #40 to #32.

Oviedo
03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I love the idea of trading back into Round 2. The difference in players we could get is negliable from 1.32 and we get another pick.

My pick: Moala DE USC
2nd round--F. Tupou T Oregon
Early 3rd--B. Robiskie WR OSU or J. Gilbert DE SJST.
3rd round--J. Watkins T Florida
3rd round comp--K. Lewis CB OR. ST.
4th round---T. Taylor DT Michigan
5th Round---A. Collie WR BYU
6th round--F. Joseph ILB Florida Atl.
7TH round--Q, Johnson FB ST LSU
7th round--K. Mitchell DT E. Carolina

I really Like you picks starting a Round Comp 3 but at the top end I would do the following:

Early 2: Ron Brace (if Brace was gone I'd be OK with Maola)
Rd 2: Kraig Urbik

Obviously getting Brace means you don't need Taylor so I would look at Zach Potter out of Nebraska for DE.

I also think Round 3 is way too early for Watkins. He will be around in Round 5 or 6 IMO.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
actually, this mock pretty much sucks... trading out of #32 is a bad... REALLY BAD thing for this team... because they're merely "average" at picking mid-to-late rounders. SO... we want as many high picks as possible (where they knock them out of the park)... that being the case, i'd be more likely to try to couple my extra 3rd with something instead of getting another one in a round where the team struggles....

http://studiocsk.com/data/vomit.jpg

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't think that this is the year to trade down.

First off, we will already have nine picks. Adding a tenth pick at the expense of a guy who might be a better pick - albeit just slightly better - does not make sense since just a few of our ten picks will make the team.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
On response: Teams don't live by that trade chart. So if Oak wants to give us a #1 in the deal they could. Also with us getting 10 picks it is a hit and miss with our picks. The more choices we have the more chances we have on making a hit.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
We could also group up some later picks to move up into the 3rd or 4th rounds.