PDA

View Full Version : Iron City to salute Steelers with new beer can

NKySteeler
03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Iron City to salute Steelers with new beer can

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8490/ic2.jpg

PITTSBURGH - Remember the days when you would collect those Iron City Cans with the pictures of the Super Bowl teams on them?

No, they still aren't worth much, except sentimental value.

Then remember how the NFL's marketing department came out and told the Pittsburgh Brewing Company they could not use the Steelers image anymore, and instead of the Super Bowl XL logo being where it should have been, on a Pittsburgh tradition, it was placed on a Coors Light can?

Guess what? They're baaaaack. Beginning St. Patrick's Day...Well just click on this Pittsburgh Brewing link, http://www.roadtothesixpack.com/ which is rather humorous, to tell the story.

Yes, It seems Pittsburgh Brewing Company has found a way to buck the NFL's copyright laws, and allow fans to pump and Iron, while saluting the Steelers. Being touted as the 2008 road to the six pack can, there are no player images nor a Steeler logo, meaning it will stay on shelves for awhile.

costanza2k1
03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Nice...I'll have to order a 18 pack...drink 12 and save 6...

NKySteeler
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM

I'll get a six-pack to keep... Personally can't stand the beer though... :lol:

... I wish I had started collecting them long ago... I have one from '78, then some from '94 and '95. Also have a can marked as "an end to a great rivalry" that they did when Modell moved the Browns from Cleveland.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM

I'll get a six-pack to keep... Personally can't stand the beer though... :lol:

... I wish I had started collecting them long ago... I have one from '78, then some from '94 and '95. Also have a can marked as "an end to a great rivalry" that they did when Modell moved the Browns from Cleveland.

Did they make a "And now the beatdowns will continue" commerative can when Cleveland re-entered the league a few years later?

:lol: :brownssuck

NKySteeler
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Did they make a "And now the beatdowns will continue" commerative can when Cleveland re-entered the league a few years later?

:lol: :brownssuck

:lol: ... Not that I'm aware of... :lol:

But it was a pretty cool can, it had both the Steelers and Browns helmets on it with the date of the final game in '95...

...I do, however, have the complete 4-glass set of Steelers glasses from McDonalds commemorating the 70s teams... :oops: ....Man, I'm pathetic!.... :lol:

stlrz d
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Someone in the Burgh needs to buy some of this, drain one of the cans (through the bottom please) and mail one to WI.

Once a volunteer steps up I'll provide the details of where to send! :P

proudpittsburgher
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Those are some pretty sweet cans.