PDA

View Full Version : Will We Be Able to Stop the Patriots' Offense?

BradshawsHairdresser
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Will anybody?

I'm assuming Brady must be fully healed, or they wouldn't have shipped Cassel. They added Fred Taylor, who always gave us fits...Now they've got Galloway. If Galloway is fully healed, and back to his former 4.3 speed, wow...how do you cover all those receivers?
How do you stop them when they go to the spread?

On a related note, how do the ***'s have enough money to make the FA moves they've made? They've helped themselves greatly on both O and D. This FA push makes me think that Belicheat really feels the need to win a Super Bowl without cheating to rescue his tarnished image.

Discipline of Steel
03-15-2009, 10:35 AM
and I thought the Pat*** D was old last year. Wow, their O dates back to the revolutionary war. Lets see how all of these players last during a full 16 games season, Brady included. Im not ready to annoint them the pre-season favorites for the SB quite yet. (since I drink my kool-aid every day, I never will anyway)

and while we are on the Pat***, any Steeler FA who even sniffs at them should be permanently exiled from Latrobe.

frankthetank1
03-15-2009, 11:16 AM
now they have an offense as old as their defense. i dont see why the steelers wouldnt be able to stop the pats offense. fred taylor is old and injury prone. galloway is even older and even more prone to injury. who knows how brady will be next season. maroney is very average. even if brady played last season the steelers still would have blown them out. bmac is the only one gone on the defensive side and he hardly played last season against the pats

Mister Pittsburgh
03-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I freaking hate ESPN. Did Galloway actually CHOOSE the Cheatriots over the Steelers? I didn't read anywhere that Galloway left here with a contract offer. ESPN, always concerned with stirring the pot over actual sports reporting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3980525

Basically the Pats got Galloway and Taylor for under the same price that we pay Kemo. Appears their theory heading into the season will be put up as many points as possible, never shutting down the offense where the Steelers will be put up 2 TD's and a bunch of FG then shut down the offense by running the ball on first and second dwon and your D will stop the opposing offense. Both theories can work....but for ours to work we NEED to have a running game. Arians was stupid to shut down an offense that was moving the football through the air with ease in both the Ravens AFCCG and the Superbowl only to try and pound it and not moving the football at all. In both games it almost backfired and we let the other team back into the game. Almost cost us the Superbowl.

feltdizz
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I freaking hate ESPN. Did Galloway actually CHOOSE the Cheatriots over the Steelers? I didn't read anywhere that Galloway left here with a contract offer. ESPN, always concerned with stirring the pot over actual sports reporting.

Basically the Pats got Galloway and Taylor for under the same price that we pay Kemo. Appears their theory heading into the season will be put up as many points as possible, never shutting down the offense where the Steelers will be put up 2 TD's and a bunch of FG then shut down the offense by running the ball on first and second dwon and your D will stop the opposing offense. Both theories can work....but for ours to work we NEED to have a running game. Arians was stupid to shut down an offense that was moving the football through the air with ease in both the Ravens AFCCG and the Superbowl only to try and pound it and not moving the football at all. In both games it almost backfired and we let the other team back into the game. Almost cost us the Superbowl.

Not worried about the Pats until I see them in action.. as of now they are just old and injury prone...

as far as Arians is concerned I wonder if our OL concerns regarding stunts and blitzes were part of the reason we didn't pass pass pass.. last season.

SteelCzar76
03-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Will we be able to Stop the Patsies ? When have we ever fared well against them with Brady playing with the exception of the Halloween game of 04 ?

In my opinion it's not only going to take Tomlin's motivational skills and strength of will, but some upgrades in the secondary, Ben not melting down, and a roster of healthy starters to finally finish their (Patsie's) punk asses. LOL

Mister Pittsburgh
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM

Not worried about the Pats until I see them in action.. as of now they are just old and injury prone...

as far as Arians is concerned I wonder if our OL concerns regarding stunts and blitzes were part of the reason we didn't pass pass pass.. last season.

In the SB the first half we came out hitting quick hitters and high percentage passes. Anytime we did this last season we moved the ball very, very well. When facing D's bringing the heat you can either turtle up, keep your TE, HB, RB in to block and leave your QB two WR to throw to or you can have most go out for passes giving your QB more options. We seemed to lean on turtling up and letting the D win us games...which is BS.