PDA

View Full Version : Carr Goes to the Rats

BradshawsHairdresser
03-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Per KFFL.

Wonder why the Steelers brought these guys in? Did they ever really have any serious intention of signing them? It's almost as though the Patriots and the Rats are thinking they've got to sign them, since we brought them in for a look.

SteelBucks
03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
The Steelers were serious about Carr.....they offered him a contract (I've heard around $2mil a season).

frankthetank1
03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
The Steelers were serious about Carr.....they offered him a contract (I've heard around $2mil a season).

2 mil a year for carr is very generous. he isnt worth any more than that

frankthetank1
03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
i would have loved it if the steelers signed leonard from the rats. does anyone know how much the jets got him for? he is a good return guy and would have provided depth at safety

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
i would have loved it if the steelers signed leonard from the rats. does anyone know how much the jets got him for? he is a good return guy and would have provided depth at safety

Three-year, $5.875 million contract with a $1 million signing bonus.

He got better offers, but chose New York because his defensive coordinatory Rex Ryan went there as head coach and he could start. With Dawan Landry coming back from injury (and Ed Reed obviously still there), he wasn't assured of starting under a new D.C. in Baltimore. Therefore, I doubt that he would have been willing to provide depth here behind Troy and Clark, even though his asking price was affordable.

SteelBucks
03-16-2009, 02:09 PM

I agree. I couldn't believe the Ravens signed him for nearly 2.5 mil a season.

NorthCoast
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM

I agree. I couldn't believe the Ravens signed him for nearly 2.5 mil a season.

Desperation makes you do things you shouldn't. Anyone recall a team signing a back-up left tackle to an $8M contract? Yes, it worked out OK but there were plenty of skeptics when it happened.