PDA

View Full Version : I'm dying for some real Steelers news.

RussBII
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Between the posts re: minor signings, draft speculation and the Great Pat White debate, I'm freaking starving for actual football news. Anyone else with me here?

I might have to rewatch the Super Bowl at this point... I can only keep it for a few more weeks. <sigh>.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Newsflash

Dateline: Pittsburgh PA March 13, 2009

Steelers considering changing training camp facility from "butter only" to include Parkay. 63% of those questioned said that they could not tell the difference. :lol:

Ozey74
03-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm with you 100% RussB.

The google.com Steeler news search this past week as been a ghost town!!

:tt2

NKySteeler
03-13-2009, 07:31 PM
It's that time of year.... Plain and simple....

Ozey74
03-13-2009, 07:38 PM

It's a necessary evil. Teams need time to evolve and this is when it happens. If we think this bad, wait until the post draft hoopla fades in mid-May.

NKySteeler
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM

It's a necessary evil. Teams need time to evolve and this is when it happens. If we think this bad, wait until the post draft hoopla fades in mid-May.

Personally, I like the "post-draft" time so as to evaluate the team and talk about the OTAs.... What I can't stand is everyone and anyone posting mock drafts.... I'll be gone during that time because I'm sure this place will be flooded with them.

...BTW Oz, are you planning on coming this direction again this season?... It will be the "second" matchup, and probably late in the season... If so, we need to try again for the tailgate...

Flasteel
03-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Six.

Flasteel
03-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that six could be seen as standing for S IX...as in Super Bowl IX? I mean our sixth title had to come some time and the number of our first title is pretty much static, but it seems eerily prophetic - or at least kind of cool.

Ozey74
03-14-2009, 12:36 AM

Personally, I like the "post-draft" time so as to evaluate the team and talk about the OTAs.... What I can't stand is everyone and anyone posting mock drafts.... I'll be gone during that time because I'm sure this place will be flooded with them.

...BTW Oz, are you planning on coming this direction again this season?... It will be the "second" matchup, and probably late in the season... If so, we need to try again for the tailgate...

Depends on the date NKy. I'd like to. It would be best for my schedule if the game is in Sept/Oct. We will find out soon enough.

Last year we tailgated in Lot E (with all the RV owners) & had a BIG time!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Between the posts re: minor signings, draft speculation and the Great Pat White debate, I'm freaking starving for actual football news. Anyone else with me here?

I might have to rewatch the Super Bowl at this point... I can only keep it for a few more weeks. <sigh>.

:Agree I'm lost at this time of year. The trades are good, but that news is fairly sparse too.

I used to get into training camp news, until I figured out that everyone is playing like a Superbowl MVP, until the first game of the year. Last year I got into the preseason a lot, I hope I do this year too.

frankthetank1
03-15-2009, 11:20 AM
i wish they would hurry up and get some deals done. at least the draft is next month. the offseason is torture