PDA

View Full Version : Source: Steelers to re-sign Frazier

Jooser
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I know, not big news, but he's a quality guy and contributes on STs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3973572

Updated: March 12, 2009, 12:07 PM ET
Source: Steelers to re-sign Frazier
By John Clayton ESPN.com

With all of their starters under contract, the Pittsburgh Steelers began the process of locking up key backups by reaching a two-year agreement with linebacker Andre Frazier.

Frazier, according to a source, agreed to a two-year, $1.375 million contract that included a $125,000 signing bonus. He becomes the first backup to re-sign. Earlier, the Steelers retained starting guard Chris Kemoeatu and tackle Max Starks, who signed his franchise tag.

The 26-year-old Frazier, an undrafted linebacker signed by the Steelers in 2005, is entering his sixth NFL season. He spent his rookie season with the Steelers, but was cut in 2006. He spent two seasons in Cincinnati, but when the Bengals let him go in 2007, the Steelers signed him back for the past two seasons.

John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't have any comments about the Frazier contract, but I gotta say that I like the new Muttley avatar, Jooser! Those were classic cartoons back in the day...

Jooser
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Thank you Ruthless, they sure as hell don't make them like they used to, that's for sure. Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes can hold my attention for hours!!!! LOL

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq266/tijssink/Yosemite-sam1.jpg

NKySteeler
03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, they did it today....

Thursday, March 12, 2009
Steelers re-sign Frazier

The Steelers have re-signed backup linebacker Andre Frazier to a two-year deal worth $1.375 million.

Frazier's a career backup, but has stepped in and played OK over the years when called upon. He's also a solid, if unspectacular, special teams player.

There's still no news on any of the other free agents the team has been speaking to, including their own.

As usual, though, the Steelers are in no hurry.

pfelix73
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
:Agree on the looney tunes statement.

Can't find them on TV much anymore..

:tt1