PDA

View Full Version : lets not forget

steelcityrules!!
03-11-2009, 09:33 PM
This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OiYXlBEZU) is going to be real fresh come next fall.

we gots some TALENT in the backfield

steelz09
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
He sure has the tools to be a pro bowl caliber player for us.

I just hope he body isn't fragile or "still". It seems like certain players have the ability to bounce off the big hits or avoid the big hits. He seems to absorb the big hits in a bad way. Mendenhall took a few big shots in the limited time he saw. And one of those resulted in a costly injury.

frankthetank1
03-12-2009, 07:29 AM
i cant wait to have mendenhall parker moore and russell. what a backfield. i just hope russell gets his opportunities

feltdizz
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
i cant wait to have mendenhall parker moore and russell. what a backfield. i just hope russell gets his opportunities

I hope Mendenhall breaks out as well.. but I can't look at the college highlights anymore though...

AngryAsian
03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Our running game has to fly this year. I really want a more effective ground game. We had a heck of a time in the redzone and that needs to be remedied this offseason. Mendenhall will hopefully make strides toward that endeavor. I'm more interested in seeing his pass catching skills. Pretty heralded coming out of college with regards to his soft hands, I hope he rises to all the hype.

mshifko
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
mendy's going to provide a different dimension this year...he's fresh as all get out, he can catch out of the backfield, but i think you'll see him running with purpose this season...after a year, even though he was hurt and supposively not around much, i believe you'll see that he's more comfortable with our terminology and offensive mindset...i look for big things out of him this year

steelcityrules!!
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
i think he has more to prove this year than last, and will be hungry to show why he was a top pick. most other teams and NFL "pundits" have completely forgotten about him.

by week 3, i have a feeling that he'll be a regular on plays of the week.

and once our ground game is established as a true force, ben will be that much more effective.

Ozey74
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I bought a Mendenhall jersey last year before the season started. I will never by a jersey of a incomming rookie again. Knowing my luck, I jinxed him.

:tt2