PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad 3rd Season

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Anyone else watch this outstanding show on AMC???

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

Last season, even though it was only 7 episodes, was great...and so far after one episode this season it looks as if the greatness will continue!

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Yessir!!!

Caught the new one as well. Good stuff. Can't wait for more!

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
This thread should be every bit as long as the Lost thread but that will never happen.

I'd take a show like this over Lost a million times out of a million.

Jigawatts
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
It does look like a pretty sweet show. I didn't see any of the first season, but I've seen
about 1000 ads for this season and it looks like something that I could be interested in.

I'll probably DVR them and somehow catch up on the first season before I start on the second.

costanza2k1
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I'll have to download the 1st season and catch up then...I like shows like this.

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I know the first season is available on DVD. Probably can be found on some *cough*torrent*cough* sites too.

I wish I had brought this up sooner because they re-ran the first season, and even had a mini-marathon (7 episodes), before they began the 2nd season.

It's a pretty intense show and the acting is quite good.

MeetJoeGreene
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I like this show... I saw last season but have the first one DVR'ed .. haven't seen it yet.... but I will comment on it when I see it.

But DON'T be hatin' on Lost.... :Hater :loser

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM

That show's a mess! :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM

It is intricate and has lots of loose ends and plot twists.
So I can understand why people with limited mental capacities don't enjoy it as much as those of us in the Mensa crowd....

:stirpot :stirpot :moon :lol:

stlrz d
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM

It is intricate and has lots of loose ends and plot twists.
So I can understand why people with limited mental capacities don't enjoy it as much as those of us in the Mensa crowd....

:stirpot :stirpot :moon :lol:

At least it's a show that lives up to its title. :P

Jigawatts
03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
The premier re-airs tomorrow night and I got the DVR set to record the rest of the season.
I'm working on getting last seasons episodes.

I'm definitely watching now that I know Tim Watley is the main character. :D

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
The premier re-airs tomorrow night and I got the DVR set to record the rest of the season.

I will forever remember him as Malcolm in the Middle's Dad, since I am a rabid Anti-Dentite. :mrgreen:

Jigawatts
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM

I will forever remember him as Malcolm in the Middle's Dad, since I am a rabid Anti-Dentite. :mrgreen:

I never watched an entire episode of Malcom in the Middle, you anti-dentite. :moon

To go even further off topic, I gave my buddy and his wife penguins tickets for their
wedding gift last fall. The game was last night (hell of a game btw) and I'm still waiting
for my Alec Berg day after thank you. :x

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2009, 02:49 PM

I never watched an entire episode of Malcom in the Middle, you anti-dentite. :moon

To go even further off topic, I gave my buddy and his wife penguins tickets for their
wedding gift last fall. The game was last night (hell of a game btw) and I'm still waiting
for my Alec Berg day after thank you. :x

Speaking of Seinfeld phone calls, I should have started a post today that said "If you know what happened in the Pens-game, don't say anything, I taped it, hello..." You are a lucky bastage because if you gave me any more information than "hell of a game btw" after I watched only the first period and recorded the rest (avoiding anything hockey related today until I am able to watch the rest tonight), I would have had to give you the Roger McDowell loogie treatment.

MeetJoeGreene
03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
I watched the season 2 opening show.

Seriously, seriously intense and outstanding.

stlrz d
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I watched the season 2 opening show.

Seriously, seriously intense and outstanding.

I can't wait for the next episode!

Jigawatts
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I downloaded the first season. Watched the first two episodes and want to finish the
season before I move on to the second. Hopefully I can get all caught up by the end
of next week.

MeetJoeGreene
03-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Once again, an insanely intense episode with a cliffhanger ending making you want next week's episode.

The show is not going the direction that I thought it would, but I guess that is what is making it good.

stlrz d
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Once again, an insanely intense episode with a cliffhanger ending making you want next week's episode.

The show is not going the direction that I thought it would, but I guess that is what is making it good.

I couldn't watch last night. I have it TiVo'd so I'll be watching shortly!

Jigawatts
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Ah good, no spoilers here. I couldn't watch last night either.

MeetJoeGreene
03-16-2009, 03:18 PM

His wife had the baby and it looked like the brother in law... he ran off with the Klepto sister-in-law to South America.

Jigawatts
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM

His wife had the baby and it looked like the brother in law... he ran off with the Klepto sister-in-law to South America.

I didn't expect that at all. I was thinking he'd meet up with Tucco, Blondie, and Angel
Eyes in a Civil War burial ground for a final showdown.

stlrz d
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Just watched and all I can say is WOW!

eniparadoxgma
03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Just watched it a little while ago. Very good stuff. :Cheers

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
So any thoughts on the 3rd episode?

I'm liking it!

Jigawatts
03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
So any thoughts on the 3rd episode?

I'm liking it!

Another good episode. Looks like next week will be even better. It looks like the there's
going to be some confrontation with the wife.

eniparadoxgma
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
I thought that was the 2nd episode...

Did I miss one?

Anyhow, the one I watched (naked in the grocery store) I thought was good, but a bit of a let down from the ass-kickin first episode. However, like Jiga said it looks like this Sunday's will be back to form.

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought that was the 2nd episode...

Did I miss one?

Anyhow, the one I watched (naked in the grocery store) I thought was good, but a bit of a let down from the bad word-kickin first episode. However, like Jiga said it looks like this Sunday's will be back to form.

That was the third one.

After what happened in the first two they had to set things up. It still had some tension to it and it looks like things are going to spark up again in a big way.

stlrz d
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Some tension there with the wifey...she's really putting the screws to him!

Jesse...gets a place to live and a cook lab...and he's a little blue. :D

Next week's looks to be another winner!

MeetJoeGreene
03-30-2009, 07:53 AM

Yeah. This week's looked a little slow. However I think it was a lot of setup.

That guy at the junkyard that fixed the RV now knows the chemicals that they have....

stlrz d
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM

Yeah. This week's looked a little slow. However I think it was a lot of setup.

That guy at the junkyard that fixed the RV now knows the chemicals that they have....

He's in a tough spot though. He's had that RV for awhile. If he suddenly decides to call the cops how does he explain not calling sooner? Like right after he took possession of the RV and learned what the contents were?

I kept laughing every time they showed Jesse with those blue hands. :lol:

stlrz d
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Well I guess we know how the RV situation worked out. :P

Very good episode last night and it looks like things get quite intense next week!

MeetJoeGreene
04-06-2009, 12:11 PM

Very good episode last night and it looks like things get quite intense next week!

It will be interesting to see if Jesse has the nads to actually be an enforcer. At first, I was with Jesse on the issue - no big deal, until he said Non-sustainable business model. Then I flipped.

stlrz d
04-06-2009, 12:40 PM

It will be interesting to see if Jesse has the nads to actually be an enforcer. At first, I was with Jesse on the issue - no big deal, until he said Non-sustainable business model. Then I flipped.

I thought the same thing. Can't let folks get away with robbing your dealers. You become the kid who gets his lunch money taken away every day. Can't make nearly as much money that way.

I really can't wait to see what happens.

Jigawatts
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I've been trying to avoid this because I still haven't seen the episode yet.

Hopefully I can get to it tonight.

stlrz d
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm a blowfish!!! :lol:

eniparadoxgma
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Look at Jesse gettin the hottie!!!

Sure hasn't helped his thinking ability any...

"Wire!"

Love the guy playing the lawyer. He's from "Mr. Show w/Bob and David" which was friggin hilarious.

Anyhow, this show rocks faces. Carry on.

RuthlessBurgher
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM

"Wire!"

Love the guy playing the lawyer. He's from "Mr. Show w/Bob and David" which was friggin hilarious.

:Agree Mr. Show was some great stuff. Got 'em on DVD.

stlrz d
05-04-2009, 10:55 PM

"Wire!"

Bob Odenkirk is awesome as Saul Goodman (it's all good, man...get it?)...but I had given up on this thread.

I love this damn show though!!!

MeetJoeGreene
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I missed a bunch of episodes and had to get caught on via DVR.

I am now caught up.

I loved that "wire" line too -- the guy who plays him is doing a REALLY good job.

Very interesting twist with his tumor shrinking 80 percent and his reaction.

Jigawatts
05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I missed the last two episodes and forgot to record the one from 5/3/09.

Before I move on to last Sundays episode I need to know what happened in 4 Days Out.

I found in on youtube broken up into 5 parts, but could not find 5 of 5.

Last thing I saw Jesse just started up the RV after cranking the generator for hours, then
the RV died, Jesse said something and then that part (4 of 5) ended.

Did he try to start the RV again or did someone else show up to help?

What happened?

stlrz d
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM
They got the RV started and it was business as usual.

This show is getting better and better. I can't wait to see what happens next. Saul's "guy" I think, is going to make thing VERY interesting!

Btw, Odenkirk is a great Saul!

Jigawatts
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks d, I'm still missing that 10 minutes or so, but I'm all caught up now.

stlrz d
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks d, I'm still missing that 10 minutes or so, but I'm all caught up now.

You're welcome man.

Btw, there will be a 3rd season!!! :D :D :D

stlrz d
05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Last night's episode = WOW!!!

MeetJoeGreene
05-22-2009, 07:59 AM

I know -- absolutely INSANE ending.....

stlrz d
05-22-2009, 10:58 AM

I know -- absolutely INSANE ending.....

And the previews for next week!

[youtube:25f3bz5c]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7YxSmxEbM0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T7YxSmxEbM0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:25f3bz5c]

Jigawatts
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Ahh yes, another good episode. And I'll actually get to watch Sunday night thanks to the holiday. :Clap

Jigawatts
05-24-2009, 11:10 PM
That was some crazy sh*t at the end. Walt just letting her die...

stlrz d
05-25-2009, 01:35 AM
That was some crazy sh*t at the end. Walt just letting her die...

He actually did what was best for him and Jesse, but you could tell he didn't feel too good about it.

Jigawatts
05-25-2009, 10:43 AM
He absolutely did the right thing concerning himself and Jesse.

Jesse could have slipped into further heroin addiction.

Jane could have exposed Walt at a national level.

However, I wonder if he would have done the same thing if he knew that he talked to
Jane's father earlier in the evening. It would have been a much harder decision knowing
that "junkie" had someone who loved and cared for her.

stlrz d
05-25-2009, 09:19 PM
He absolutely did the right thing concerning himself and Jesse.

Jesse could have slipped into further heroin addiction.

Jane could have exposed Walt at a national level.

However, I wonder if he would have done the same thing if he knew that he talked to
Jane's father earlier in the evening. It would have been a much harder decision knowing
that "junkie" had someone who loved and cared for her.

Agreed.

eniparadoxgma
05-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that was pretty harsh.

Now her dad will be gunning for Jesse...

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Ok. I just got caught up.

Pretty slow show - but a really intense ending.

I was wondering how he was going to get out of this jam (with the hot landlady junkie).

I don't see how Jesse doesn't get in BIG trouble because of this.... They were in his apartment... he has a LOT of cleaning up to do ... and I don't know if he has the brains to do it.

stlrz d
05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Ok. I just got caught up.

Pretty slow show - but a really intense ending.

I was wondering how he was going to get out of this jam (with the hot landlady junkie).

I don't see how Jesse doesn't get in BIG trouble because of this.... They were in his apartment... he has a LOT of cleaning up to do ... and I don't know if he has the brains to do it.

Based on the previews it looks like they "call Saul" and he finds them a "cleaner".

I can't wait to see what happens & it totally sucks that there will be some cliff hanger that keeps us in a fog until the third season starts.

eniparadoxgma
06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
So...what'd you guys think?

Good stuff IMO. The symbolism of Walt and Jesse being dead at the beginning made sense as they both are "dead" without their girls in their lives (including Walt's new baby).

Now I'm waiting for Entourage to come back on.

stlrz d
06-04-2009, 12:44 AM

Good stuff IMO. The symbolism of Walt and Jesse being dead at the beginning made sense as they both are "dead" without their girls in their lives (including Walt's new baby).

What symbolism?

eniparadoxgma
06-05-2009, 05:04 AM

What symbolism?

Didn't it show Walt and Jesse either outlined in chalk or in bodybags at the beginning?

Neither of them physically died during the episode but they both lost the females in their lives and are "dead" without them.

Them dead being a symbol for them without the females in their lives that made them whole or "alive"...

That's how I took it anyway. :|

stlrz d
06-05-2009, 10:30 AM

What symbolism?

Didn't it show Walt and Jesse either outlined in chalk or in bodybags at the beginning?

Neither of them physically died during the episode but they both lost the females in their lives and are "dead" without them.

Them dead being a symbol for them without the females in their lives that made them whole or "alive"...

That's how I took it anyway. :|

Dude, they didn't show who the bodies were. That whole thing has been a tease for season 3. In the finale we saw the planes collide and the stuffed bear in the pool...there's more hell to come from that plane collision. The one NTSB guy takes a picture of Walt's Aztek with the shattered windows...I think the bodies fell from the sky and landed on Walt's ride.

It appears we were supposed to think it was Walt or his family, but now it looks like they're people who were in the planes.

Jigawatts
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I didn't see any symbolism there, although you may be onto something eni.

The teddy bear and the body bags and the damaged hoopty were just all red herrings
designed to make the audience believe something horrible happened to the main characters.

All along, we've never met the two unfortunate deceased. But this plane collision may
lead to something else. The collision was connected to Janes father who was connected
to Jesse who was connected to Walt. There will probably be some fallout from this.

MeetJoeGreene
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
My thoughts:

The Plane wreck and the bodies WERE rich in symbolism. Very nicely done.

The most interesting part is when the black dude from Taco Pollo who was the distributor saw Walt's picture and learned he was brother-in-law to a DEA agent.

Walt's wife has him BUSTED!!

Jigawatts
06-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I think when the wife finds out about the meth cooking, after the initial shock, she's
gonna warm up to the idea of Walts activities. She may even embrace it.

eniparadoxgma
06-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Dude, they didn't show who the bodies were. That whole thing has been a tease for season 3. In the finale we saw the planes collide and the stuffed bear in the pool...there's more hell to come from that plane collision. The one NTSB guy takes a picture of Walt's Aztek with the shattered windows...I think the bodies fell from the sky and landed on Walt's ride.

It appears we were supposed to think it was Walt or his family, but now it looks like they're people who were in the planes.

Wow. I could've sworn it showed Walt and Jesse as the bodies at the beginning of the episode. I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

And I can see where you're coming from, Jiga, considering her going along with her boss' financial shenanigans. However, I think she's more likely to sleep with her boss and Walt finds a way to off him than her going along with the meth cooking. Just my opinion.

roman12003
08-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Haven't seen this show but it seems like a great one. Would have appreciated if something was uploaded on Youtube.

Shawn
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
No way am I reading this thread. I devoured the first season in two sittings. I got the discs from netflix. Unbelieveable show. This might be my favorite ever...and I was a huge prison break fan. Now, I'm waiting for the 16th for the new season to come out on DVD.

stlrz d
02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
No way am I reading this thread. I devoured the first season in two sittings. I got the discs from netflix. Unbelieveable show. This might be my favorite ever...and I was a huge prison break fan. Now, I'm waiting for the 16th for the new season to come out on DVD.

It's awesome!

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Changed the name of the thread title. Season 3 premieres March 21st!

stlrz d
03-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Just a reminder that season 3 starts tonight!

MeetJoeGreene
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM

I watched it. Far different from last year's opening episdoe which was action packed/thrilling/scary.

This episode was a little slow.. but established a few long-running conflicts.

stlrz d
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM

I watched it. Far different from last year's opening episdoe which was action packed/thrilling/scary.

This episode was a little slow.. but established a few long-running conflicts.

Agreed.

Interesting dynamic there with Walt knowing that he could have saved Jesse's chick and the crash never would have happened...and Jesse not having a clue so he's feeling responsible himself.

I also think Walt made himself a target by turning down that 3 month/$3 million offer. He just made himself a loose end....

Shawn
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM
My season 2 dvds just came in...I'm trying to catch up. :D

stlrz d
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM

Dude, they've been showing season 2 on AMC for a few weeks now!

Shawn
03-24-2010, 10:47 AM

Dude, they've been showing season 2 on AMC for a few weeks now!

Yeah but not on Blu Ray. :D

Shawn
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I just got through both season 1 and 2. Wow is all I can say. Intense. I missed the season 3 season opener. You think it can be found on Limewire?

stlrz d
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I just got through both season 1 and 2. Wow is all I can say. Intense. I missed the season 3 season opener. You think it can be found on Limewire?

Not sure...but you can probably catch it on AMC. They run them all the time. HD, but no BluRay. :lol:

Shawn
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM

Not sure...but you can probably catch it on AMC. They run them all the time. HD, but no BluRay. :lol:

Hey HD isn't blu ray. :D

MeetJoeGreene
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Anyone still watching? The first couple of episodes were slow.. but this past Sunday's was a return to the same suspense/excitement as season 1 and 2.

eniparadoxgma
05-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Anyone still watching? The first couple of episodes were slow.. but this past Sunday's was a return to the same suspense/excitement as season 1 and 2.
I didn't find them that slow. I liked 'em.

And that shoot out at the end of last Sunday's was AWESOME. :Beer

MeetJoeGreene
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I didn't find them that slow. I liked 'em.

And that shoot out at the end of last Sunday's was AWESOME. :Beer
yes. the last 2 episodes have been off the charts

Shawn
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Another terrific season so far. You know when you have a show that is truly special. The quality doesn't go down from season to season like prison break.

stlrz d
05-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Has this season been anything less than teh awesome?

stlrz d
06-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Holy fsking sheeeiiiiitttttt what an ending to tonight's episode!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And it looks like next week's will be more :shock:

This show fscking rules!!!!!

eniparadoxgma
06-13-2010, 11:44 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just watched last week's. FRIGGIN AWESOME.

Waiting to catch an encore of tonight's. :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer

stlrz d
06-14-2010, 12:26 AM

Wow...just wow on tonight's!

http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek2.gif

MeetJoeGreene
06-15-2010, 08:30 AM
[quote="stlrz d":kmz297ho]Holy fsking sheeeiiiiitttttt what an ending to tonight's episode!!!!!!!!

http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek2.gif[/quote:kmz297ho]

I agree. The last 3 or 4 weeks have been off the charts. Next year should be outstanding. It looked to me like Jesse Moved the gun slightly before he shot... did anyone else catch that?

stlrz d
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1djd1aix]Holy fsking sheeeiiiiitttttt what an ending to tonight's episode!!!!!!!!

http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek2.gif

I agree. The last 3 or 4 weeks have been off the charts. Next year should be outstanding. It looked to me like Jesse Moved the gun slightly before he shot... did anyone else catch that?[/quote:1djd1aix]

Yes, but I was thinking it was supposed to illustrate him pointing the gun right at Gayle and pulling the trigger.

I can't wait for next season!!!!!

SteelCrazy
06-18-2010, 02:33 PM
I've been busy and was just now able to watch the finale.....This show gets better with every episode. Season 4 cant get here quick enough.