PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about this guy for our 3rd Wideout...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Tory Holt--He soon will be released along with O. Pace. I think he still has alot left in the tank and he is only 33 I believe. Sign him for vet min. and have Hines, Holmes and Holt--Triple H!!!!

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I've read that the Jets are making a strong play for him.

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I've read that the Jets are making a strong play for him.

he is worth too much.. or at least he thinks he is.. he doesn't seem like the Steeler type though..

I'd take him though..

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Holt's not going anywhere for the minimum. There are other contenders that would be willing to pay him more as a potential starter (like, say, the Eagles).

Oviedo
03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Holt's not going anywhere for the minimum. There are other contenders that would be willing to pay him more as a potential starter (like, say, the Eagles).

:Agree He is looking for #1 or #2 money. There are too many teams looking for an WR, i.e. Jets, Ravens, Eagles

frankthetank1
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

:Agree He is looking for #1 or #2 money. There are too many teams looking for an WR, i.e. Jets, Ravens, Eagles

he is crazy if he thinks he is worth #1 or #2 money. he is still good but not worth a big contract.

phillyesq
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM

he is crazy if he thinks he is worth #1 or #2 money. he is still good but not worth a big contract.

He may not get $8 million a year or whatever, but he'll probably get more than the Steelers will want to pay for a #3 WR.

frankthetank1
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM

He may not get $8 million a year or whatever, but he'll probably get more than the Steelers will want to pay for a #3 WR.

no doubt about that

Iron Shiek
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Agree...I see no way the Steelers make this kind of signing, they have their system, and this doesn't seem to fit in it.

In addition to the teams mentioned, I wonder if the Titans would be interested. I know they just got Nate, but the Titans receivers aren't all that great, he'd push Gage or Nate to 3 though...don't know if they'd want to tie up that much $$ in WR's...

But I agree with Jets too. They have a glaring hole with Coles leaving.

frankthetank1
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Agree...I see no way the Steelers make this kind of signing, they have their system, and this doesn't seem to fit in it.

In addition to the teams mentioned, I wonder if the Titans would be interested. I know they just got Nate, but the Titans receivers aren't all that great, he'd push Gage or Nate to 3 though...don't know if they'd want to tie up that much $$ in WR's...

But I agree with Jets too. They have a glaring hole with Coles leaving.

i would also put the ravens in the mix for holt but im not sure of their cap situation and plus they still have to sign suggs. clayton is ok and mason will be a year older. i think the ravens will be considerably worse than last season. ryan, scott and leonhard are big losses. the afc north might stink next season

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Exactly. There is a lot of wiggle room between the veteran minimum and what the Seahawks gave to Housh. He'll land somewhere in between.

By the way, do you realize that Holt is only 1 year older than Housh (and 3 months younger than Hines)? And while Housh has only gone over 1000 yards twice in his career, Holt has done it 8 times in a row.