PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy. Matt Jones.

GreggyDigital
03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Remember when the drafting gurus were calling for the Steelers to take Matt Jones in the draft.

I'm not sure if we would have but I'm sure glad we didn't.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... att-jones/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/09/another-arrest-for-matt-jones/)

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
His mugshot has the look of a man who realizes his career as a professional athlete is over. What a waste.

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/sheriff/summary/getimage.asp?bn=4087931

GreggyDigital
03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
His mugshot has the look of a man who realizes his career as a professional athlete is over. What a waste.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
"Must be related to Pacman Jones" lol

So you a Wu fan, Greggy?

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/resonator_21/normal_CocaineRickJames.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2009, 08:20 PM

So you a Wu fan, Greggy?

http://www.anotherdamnblog.com/uploads/2008/10/crisis/wutang.jpg

GreggyDigital
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM

So you a Wu fan, Greggy?

Ha, once upon a time.

Digisnacks.

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2009, 09:07 PM

So you a Wu fan, Greggy?

Ha, once upon a time.

Digisnacks.

Regardless, I'm going to have "Bobby Digital" going through my head for the rest of the night.

Acero
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM

So you a Wu fan, Greggy?

http://www.anotherdamnblog.com/uploads/2008/10/crisis/wutang.jpg

A still from one of my favorite movies ever, "Coffee and cigarettes".

- You're Bill Murray!

- You're Bill motherf&ckin Murray!

- Who you 'gon call?

- You're Bill ghostbustin' a$$ Murray....

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
goodness get him in rehab.... this is why you shouldn't be able to play while appealing suspensions when it's obvious he likes the coke a cola!

Wasn't it Joey Porter who called the league out about Jones not being suspended....

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I forgot to add... bobby bobby bobby, digi digi digi..

That album was so corny it was good.

steelercorp
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
ESPN is now reporting how it wasn't a drug bust but he actually got busted for drinking alcohol which was against the rules of his parole.

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2009, 05:25 PM

lmao here. For some reason you're the last person I thought would be diggin the Wu Tang Clan, felt. Awesome. :Cheers

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM

lmao here. For some reason you're the last person I thought would be diggin the Wu Tang Clan, felt. Awesome. :Cheers
The Rza, Gza, old dirty bastard, inpsektah deck, ghostface, ugod, reakwon the chef and the method man!

Dude if you only knew.. I used to throw hip hop shows and college and have opened for a ton of acts.. Heiro, Black Star, the Roots.. Outkast, Dan the automator.. but the best show I ever threw and witnessed was Jeru the Damaja..

I have some stories that are beyond crazy..

the funny thing is I never thought YOU would be surprised I was a hip hop head when I clicked to read your comment.

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM

The Rza, Gza, old dirty bastard, inpsektah deck, ghostface, ugod, reakwon the chef and the method man!

Dude if you only knew.. I used to throw hip hop shows and college and have opened for a ton of acts.. Heiro, Black Star, the Roots.. Outkast, Dan the automator.. but the best show I ever threw and witnessed was Jeru the Damaja..

the funny thing is I never thought YOU would be surprised I was a hip hop head when I clicked to read your comment.

lmao, I guess that's just not how I had ya pictured for some odd reason. Personally, I've been known to pick up a mic at parties whilst intoxicated. Never threw any hip hop parties, but the Smokin Grooves show I went to is still up there as one of the best shows I've ever seen: Roots opening (before they got big), Erica Badu, Outkast, Cypress Hill, and George Clinton and the P-funk opening.

Good stuff.

Anyhow, yeah...Matt Jones is a cokehead. :tt2

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.yourspotify.com/wp-content/uploads/440/HipHopIsDead.jpg

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM

Nas.. great song.

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 07:21 PM

Nas.. great song.

I wasn't aware it was a song...I was making a commentary. :lol:

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 07:30 PM

lmao, I guess that's just not how I had ya pictured for some odd reason. Personally, I've been known to pick up a mic at parties whilst intoxicated. Never threw any hip hop parties, but the Smokin Grooves show I went to is still up there as one of the best shows I've ever seen: Roots opening (before they got big), Erica Badu, Outkast, Cypress Hill, and George Clinton and the P-funk opening.

Good stuff.

I grew up on old soul.. then got into rock and r n b.. but when I heard my first rap record it was a wrap. Funny thing is I was singing a Wu line "excuse me as I kiss the sky" and my mom was like....that's the Beatles.. so I went full circle and started digging in the crates trying to find the original records that were sampled.

http://www.last.fm/music/Infectious+Organisms

I used to get down back in college...

Anyway....

Matt JONES!! should get another suspension for the probation violation shouldn't he?

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3812ipjw]http://www.yourspotify.com/wp-content/uploads/440/HipHopIsDead.jpg

Nas.. great song.

I wasn't aware it was a song...I was making a commentary. :lol:[/quote:3812ipjw]

LOL!!! that's why I did it..

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Good stuff.

I grew up on old soul.. then got into rock and r n b.. but when I heard my first rap record it was a wrap. Funny thing is I was singing a Wu line "excuse me as I kiss the sky" and my mom was like....that's the Beatles.. so I went full circle and started digging in the crates trying to find the original records that were sampled.

Anyway....

Matt JONES!! should get another suspension for the probation violation shouldn't he?

Jimi Hendrix was awesome when he was in the Beatles. :shock:

ghettoscott
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Good stuff.

SMOKING GROOVES, man i miss that tour!! One of the best concerts i have been to, Black Eyed Peas, Busta, Tribe, Cypress, Badu, Fugees.... I remember looking at the crowd during the Tribe set and everyone...EVERYONE was rapping word for word with Qtip..i was blown away. We didnt get the Roots or Outkast... I did catch the Roots in Austin but Rahzel wasnt there :evil:

Probably the best concert was Kid-N-Play, Heavy D, Digital, Public Enemy...this was when '911 is a joke' was popular. Great show....Heavy stole it from PE though.

ahhh, the good ol days.

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM

Anyway....

He was the 6th Beatle. Pete Best was the first 5th Beatle and Billy Preston was the second 5th Beatle. Surprised you didn't know that. :P

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Felt: My musical tastes are pretty eclectic. As far as rap goes, with me it started with Aerosmith/Run DMC "Walk this Way", then went to me owning a RECORD (lol) of Beastie Boy's "Licensed to Ill"...along with going to see Electric Boogaloo in the theaters...

ghetto: One of the best shows I've ever seen, even though I was so wasted by the time P-funk came on I only remember maybe one lyric.

STD: I'm sending La Coka Nostra over to your house to debate that whole "hip hop is dead" hypothesis of yours. :nono

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Well as far as I'm concerned, it was dead (as well as any form of rap) before it got started.

Some folks call it music. I'm not one of them. I'd classify it as an art form, but it's art that I don't care for.

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
To each their own. IMO the only valid form of country music is Johnny Cash. :Cheers

ghettoscott
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
As far as rap goes, with me it started with Aerosmith/Run DMC "Walk this Way", then went to me owning a RECORD (lol) of Beastie Boy's "Licensed to Ill"...along with going to see Electric Boogaloo in the theaters...

You're scarin' me man....that is pretty much how it happend for me. I remember listening to walk this way and having my mom drive me to the mall to get 'Raising Hell'...the week after that i was back at Hasting buying Whodini and Def Leopard....when i got home i put whodini in and it was over...never put that Def Leopard tape in. :Beer

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Anyway....

He was the 6th Beatle. Pete Best was the first 5th Beatle and Billy Preston was the second 5th Beatle. Surprised you didn't know that. :P

effen embarrassing.. she said Hendrix... I misspoke..

feltdizz
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Well as far as I'm concerned, it was dead (as well as any form of rap) before it got started.

Some folks call it music. I'm not one of them. I'd classify it as an art form, but it's art that I don't care for.

that's cool.. it's not for everyone.. how about Kid Rock? He is hip hop to death.. dude is nice on the one and two's.. but he does the rap rock country thing..

If you saw my record collection I go from Fleetwood Mac.. to the Police to Brand Nubian and end it off with a little Stereolab. I can appreciate except for heavy metal and the fake country that is out there now..

Matt Jones is a head! Jimi Hendrix was in the Beatles.. LOL!!! He was a big fan of Eric Clapton though..

stlrz d
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
To each their own. IMO the only valid form of country music is Johnny Cash. :Cheers

Modern country music is just pop music with a "twang" to it.

that's cool.. it's not for everyone.. how about Kid Rock? He is hip hop to death.. dude is nice on the one and two's.. but he does the rap rock country thing..

If you saw my record collection I go from Fleetwood Mac.. to the Police to Brand Nubian and end it off with a little Stereolab. I can appreciate except for heavy metal and the fake country that is out there now..

Matt Jones is a head! Jimi Hendrix was in the Beatles.. LOL!!! He was a big fan of Eric Clapton though..

I can't stand Kid Rock.

I'm a blues, blues/rock, singer/songwriter kind of guy. Throw in some R&B too...but not the stuff they call R&B today...that's not R&B. R&B stands for rhythm and blues. That Babyface stuff ain't R&B. R&B has horns and guitar. Think old Chicago. And funk. Good funk like Parliament Funkadelic and War.

Not into rap, country, metal (except OLD metal like Ozzie era Black Sabbath & the original Deep Purple), hair bands, electronica, punk, new wave, classical and a bunch of other categories. :P

Not that there isn't a song or two that comes along every now and then that I like that happens to fall into one of those categories, but for the most part I stick with the blues, blues/rock and singer/songwriters. I find the singer/songwriters I am into generally cover many genres of music, but they're not whole hog into it so I get a taste of different musical genres without being totally immersed into something I just don't like. A guy like Martin Sexton covers everything from blues to funk to gospel to R&B, country and more.

Now just because most of what I like falls into those genres doesn't mean I don't listen to stuff from other genres. I'm always trying to find new music that I like and I'll give anything a chance...but I pretty much know what kind of sound I like in my tunes.

I'm pretty particular...one of my friends calls me "The Critic" and not because I look like a cartoon version of John Lovitz either. I'm the same way with movies. Very particular and critical.

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Well, the coked-out wide-out flamed-out in Jacksonville. But at least he gave us the opportunity to express our various musical tastes! :? :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
He has been officially released by Jacksonville. And before anyone asks, the correct answer is "No. I hope that helps." :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3984684

Jaguars cut troubled WR Jones
ESPN.com news services
The Jacksonville Jaguars have released receiver Matt Jones, the team said Monday.

The former Arkansas player was charged with cocaine possession in July.

He was suspended for the last three games of the 2008 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. In a plea deal, Jones entered a program that emphasizes treatment.

Jones was released a day early from jail Saturday during a weeklong stay for drinking beer in violation of his plea agreement for the drug charge.

The 6-foot-6 former Arkansas star quarterback is awaiting an April 13 court appearance.

After failing a drug and alcohol screening, Jones told a judge he drank beer while playing golf with friends. He assured the judge that wouldn't happen again.

The Jaguars picked Jones in the first round of the NFL draft in 2005. Before his suspension last season, Jones was having the best year of his career, with 65 catches for 761 yards and two touchdowns.

Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen was used in this report