PDA

View Full Version : Caleb Kolb...

johnstownsteel
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Just watched Jon's boy win the 171 lb. AA P.A. State wrestling championship. Sorry...wasn't sure where to post and thought some might be interested. I know this isn't so much football talk but it is Steeler related. Btw, the boy looks just like the old man.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Nice accomplishment to win the PA strap for that weight class. PA has some damn good wrestlers.

SteelStallion
03-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Does he play football?

johnstownsteel
03-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Nice accomplishment to win the PA strap for that weight class. PA has some damn good wrestlers.yea..pa is a hot bed for wrestling talent and is pretty much on all college coaches minds when it's time to recruit. AAA finals up in a few minutes. Central Dauphin now has to be considered one of the top highschool programs in the country.

johnstownsteel
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Does he play football?to be honest, i really don't know although if i were to guess i'd say he does.

NKySteeler
03-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Was this in Hershey, or before the "big tournament"?.... I'm 25 years removed from that action, and while I loved it, I don't keep track of the timeline... Back in the day, we used to have schools closed because of the wrestling tourney.... I grew up in Greene County, and Waynesburg (at that time) had a great presence for all of us to follow...

... Great to see Kolb's boy doing well.... Kolb and Webster were two of my most favorite players from that era.... Used to go to the Red Bull Inn (rte 18 just north of Washington) and see the group work-out in thier weight room in the basement.... But that was back in the 70s/80s before things changed league-wide....

steelz09
03-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Anyone know how the Lehigh Valley did?

Easton - I know they had a down year this year. A down year for them ins not being ranked top 25 in the country :roll:
Parkland
North Hampton - Normally consistent wrestling programs
Nazareth
Wilson

steelblood
03-08-2009, 02:24 AM
John Kolb stepped on my foot once at the Beau Mart in Washington, PA. I was 8 years old and wearing flip flops and it hurt like a beyotch.

buckeyehoppy
03-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Just watched Jon's boy win the 171 lb. AA P.A. State wrestling championship. Sorry...wasn't sure where to post and thought some might be interested. I know this isn't so much football talk but it is Steeler related. Btw, the boy looks just like the old man.

Perhaps he'll wander off to Edinboro and wrestle and take a crack a college football, too. Then, the Steelers can take him in the 2012 Draft as a LB (with the current measurables, he'd probably shake out to LB)! Or maybe he can wrestle in the Big 11? If he could, that would say a lot about him as a wrestler (not that Edinboro or Clarion wouldn't, mind you).

The Ohio championships just happened this weekend, too. St. Ed's, as usual, won the D-I team title and had only two individual champs. The real story in Ohio wrestling this year was the dominance of Graham Local from St. Paris in the West end of the state in the D-II tournament. They crushed the all-time records for total team points and most individual champions. They had 12 of their 14 first teamers place 3rd or better in the state (7 champions). They also owned St. Ed's earlier in the year in a dual meet. Graham Local will probably be in consideration for the mythical national title after that performance. Ohio and PA are both top states in the nation in wrestling. But for Graham Local to do what they did in Ohio was amazing.

dpd926
03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Caleb Kolb is a nationally-ranked wrestler and accepted a scholarship last fall to wrestle for the University of Nebraska. Nebraska is currently ranked 4th in the country in D1 and won the Big 12 tournament two weeks ago.