PDA

View Full Version : TO shuffles off to Buffalo

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Thank God for HUGE favors.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Terell_Owe ... _20090307l (http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Terell_Owens_is_a_Buffalo_Bil_20090307l)

Terrell Owens is a
Buffalo Bill
Owens Signs 1 year deal with the
Bills

Updated: Saturday, 07 Mar 2009, 5:53 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 07 Mar 2009, 5:39 PM EST

Written by: Shannon Ross Posted by: Emily Lenihan

Orchard Park, New York - News 4 has just confirmed that Terrell Owens will wear a Buffalo Bills uniform next season. The controversial wide receiver signed a one year deal late this afternoon after meeting with team officials and personnel.

Team officials are expected to make an announcement later this evening. Stay with News 4 and wivb.com for the very latest.

There will be a News Conference at 6:15 p.m.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I read elsewhere that it's one year and $6.5 million. Guaranteed.

Chachi
03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
...never would have guessed he'd end up at the Bills.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-07-2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/200 ... g-buffalo/ (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/owens-visiting-buffalo/)

By News Wire
Posted March 7, 2009
Report: T.O. Signs With Bills

From ESPN.com:

It didnít take long for T.O. to find a new home.

The Buffalo Bills and Terrell Owens have agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million deal, sources told ESPN.comís John Clayton on Saturday.

The Bills are planning a news conference 6:15 p.m. Saturday.

The controversial wide receiver was cut by the Dallas Cowboys late Wednesday.

Do we play the Bills this year? TO is turning into the Jeff George of WRs!

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry to have to do this to you SASF. :P

http://www.airlineempires.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/merge2.gif

BradshawsHairdresser
03-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Bills should have waited a bit...they probably could have gotten B.O. for half what they gave him.

Mick'sTeam
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Where are all those people who were saying TO just wants a ring? He's certainly not going to get that next year in Buffalo.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry to have to do this to you SASF. :P

http://www.airlineempires.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/merge2.gif

Hi stlrz d - Just above your post was an advertisement from http://www.plentyoffish.com - "We delete members that are unfit to date". Is that what you were referring me to :lol: :lol:

Re: the merge ... I was going to post this in the TO thread already on the board, but when I looked, there were two TO threads - one about his getting cut, and the other that he should be a Steeler ( :shock: :twisted: ). Since I didn't know which one to put it in, I just sort of started a new one.

Mods, merge away if you think it is best ... thanks!

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Do we play the Bills this year?

Not unless Buffalo makes the playoffs this year, and since Owens will eat Trent Edwards for breakfast this year, I can pretty much guarantee that ain't happening.

Not that I would mind playing him. His two games at Heinz Field in the last 5 seasons pretty much directly led to his downfall with those teams. When he first game here with Philly back in Ben's rookie year, the Eagles were undefeated and everything was great between McNabb and Owens. When we beat them (a week after beating the previously undefeated Asterisks), Owens was seen yelling in McNabb's ear up and down the sideline as Donovan wouldn't acknowlege him and kept trying to walk away. That was the first crack in the dam in Philly, and it all went downhill from there. When he came here last season, Romo's interception to Townsend that was returned for the clinching TD (which was intended for Witten) was the last straw for T.O. before he finally turned on Romo, who he previously defended, saying "that's my quarterback" in a teary press conference. After that game, all of the allegations of Romo and Witten getting together to create secret plays for each other not involving T.O. came out, and Owens' ultimate fate in Dallas was pretty much cemented, particularly when they didn't even make the playoffs when the possibilities for that team looked so good when they came into Pittsburgh for that game in December. I'm so proud that our team was directly responsible for much of the turmoil in this clown's career.

stlrz d
03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
RB - Don't forget that Troy's pick in the Dallas game this year was in part due to TO not finishing a route. :D

SASF - I was just giving you grief for starting a thread I had already started. :P

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
He steelrz d - I see that now ... not sure how I missed your thread, I looked for sure!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
So far from what I've seen and heard out of Buffalo (living in Toronto we get Buffalo local TV and radio) they are pumped about this deal.

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
So far from what I've seen and heard out of Buffalo (living in Toronto we get Buffalo local TV and radio) they are pumped about this deal.

They are pumped because people will notice them again. After not making the playoffs in a decade, they have been rendered irrelevant nationally. And the only time they are brought up is to make fun of them for losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. Because the media cannot help but cover every second of Owens' pathetic existence, it means that they will finally get some exposure (and it doesn't hurt that it might sell more tickets for a team that is in danger of moving, or sell more jerseys or other merchandise to a cash-strapped, small market team). The team was desperate, and finally getting some attention and making more money is more important than winning to them (because you aren't going to win when that clown destroys whatever confidence your young QB might have had).

feltdizz
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM

They are pumped because people will notice them again. After not making the playoffs in a decade, they have been rendered irrelevant nationally. And the only time they are brought up is to make fun of them for losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. Because the media cannot help but cover every second of Owens' pathetic existence, it means that they will finally get some exposure (and it doesn't hurt that it might sell more tickets for a team that is in danger of moving, or sell more jerseys or other merchandise to a cash-strapped, small market team). The team was desperate, and finally getting some attention and making more money is more important than winning to them (because you aren't going to win when that clown destroys whatever confidence your young QB might have had).

they couldn't win with a confident young QB when they didn't have TO..

Buffalo nothing to lose but more games..

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM

You are absolutely right. Buffalo fans are very solid and loyal, but also very clouded. They blame Ralph Wilson for sending 8 games over 5 years - 3 of which are pre season - to Toronto. What they fail to mention is that if it was not for the $75M they received in return this team would not last 5 more years in Buffalo. They should be thankful, it is the Toronto NFL fans who should be complaining.

They are dying for a reason to be relevant again. They hang on to the '90's teams more so than the way we hang on to the '70's teams. The difference is that our 4 SB teams actually won those games.

It will be interesting to see how he meshes onto this team. You have probably the most inexperienced QB he has ever had, however, he also will be playing across from the best receiver he has ever played with. Will Edwards cave under the big T.O. personna and always look his way, ignoring Evans, or will there be a good mixture between the two receivers?

feltdizz
03-09-2009, 03:24 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":3tl4oly8]So far from what I've seen and heard out of Buffalo (living in Toronto we get Buffalo local TV and radio) they are pumped about this deal.

You are absolutely right. Buffalo fans are very solid and loyal, but also very clouded. They blame Ralph Wilson for sending 8 games over 5 years - 3 of which are pre season - to Toronto. What they fail to mention is that if it was not for the $75M they received in return this team would not last 5 more years in Buffalo. They should be thankful, it is the Toronto NFL fans who should be complaining.

They are dying for a reason to be relevant again. They hang on to the '90's teams more so than the way we hang on to the '70's teams. The difference is that our 4 SB teams actually won those games.

It will be interesting to see how he meshes onto this team. You have probably the most inexperienced QB he has ever had, however, he also will be playing across from the best receiver he has ever played with. Will Edwards cave under the big T.O. personna and always look his way, ignoring Evans, or will there be a good mixture between the two receivers?[/quote:3tl4oly8]

Anyone remember the Stains Giants game the Stains won last year? right before the half instead of taking a knee they ran the same 2 pass plays for no reason and then the crowd boo'd them off the field when they were winning?

The Bills suffer from the same coaching logic..

Bills are beating the Jets late in the game and Lynch was unstoppable on the ground.
They have the back up QB LOSERMAN in the game and instead of running out the clock they drop back to pass....

Jets get a sack and fumble and return for a TD...game over.

Bills have always been remembered as the best of the worst.