PDA

View Full Version : Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Terrell Owens

fordfixer
03-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Terrell Owens

by Nick Signorelli

March 06, 2009

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1350 ... ld-take-to (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/135065-why-the-steelers-should-take-to)

OK, before I have to go have my head checked, hear me out.

There is a long list of reasons why not to sign TO to the Steelers. First off, he is a head case. That is nothing new.

Mike Tomlin is the kind of coach, that if you were to yell at him, he may just punch you in the head. If any coach in the NFL can handle the likes of T.O., I would say that Tomlin could.

He always complains about not getting the ball enough. What receiver in the NFL doesn't? With players like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, to have T.O. on the field with those two, would be as good as being in a four-receiver set.

Author Poll
Would TO hurt the Steelers locker room?

Yes No vote to see results Owens is a head case and a locker-room divider. Can you imagine the conversation if Owens were to start complaining in the Media. Owens would be standing by his locker when he is visited by James Harrison, LaMar Woodley, Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior. How do you think that conversation would go?

Owens has one goal that he wants more than anything. He wants a ring. Remember Owens first year in Philly? There were no problems. Philly was in hopes of winning a Super Bowl.

How about that first year in Dallas? Again, no problems.

Owens loses his mind when he knows his team is not doing what they need to do to be successful. That will NEVER happen in Pittsburgh.

I really believe, and I know it will never happen, if Owens were to come to Pittsburgh for ONE YEAR, he would get his ring, and the Steelers would easily repeat.

This article would be much longer, but I just got a call from Zander. I have to go take a drug test.

Chachi
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
...not even if Ownes paid us to take him.

steelcityrules!!
03-06-2009, 09:17 PM
actually, I think it would be awesome.

our squad, and organization for that matter, wouldn't hesitate to beat the ever-loving tar out of that whiny shlt-bag if he EVER piped up.

we can win the big one without him, as proven over the last few years.
he could either outrun defenders and score a dozen TD's with us, or he could complain and wake up dead and bloated in the Ohio river.

either way, steeler fans win!

I say we tender him an offer for the league veteran minimum and give him his only realistic shot at a ring. If he truly wants the championship, he'll have to come and earn it the hard way.

if he F's off and returns to jerk-dom, we cut him and lose nothing. right in the middle of the season... that in itself would be hilarious.
it's not like he's looking to make more money, he's wiping with benjamins at this point anyways.

Mick'sTeam
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Terrell Owens

by Nick Signorelli

March 06, 2009

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1350 ... ld-take-to (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/135065-why-the-steelers-should-take-to)

OK, before I have to go have my head checked, hear me out.

There is a long list of reasons why not to sign TO to the Steelers. First off, he is a head case. That is nothing new.

Mike Tomlin is the kind of coach, that if you were to yell at him, he may just punch you in the head. If any coach in the NFL can handle the likes of T.O., I would say that Tomlin could.

He always complains about not getting the ball enough. What receiver in the NFL doesn't? With players like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, to have T.O. on the field with those two, would be as good as being in a four-receiver set.

Author Poll
Would TO hurt the Steelers locker room?

Yes No vote to see results Owens is a head case and a locker-room divider. Can you imagine the conversation if Owens were to start complaining in the Media. Owens would be standing by his locker when he is visited by James Harrison, LaMar Woodley, Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior. How do you think that conversation would go?

Owens has one goal that he wants more than anything. He wants a ring. Remember Owens first year in Philly? There were no problems. Philly was in hopes of winning a Super Bowl.

How about that first year in Dallas? Again, no problems.

Owens loses his mind when he knows his team is not doing what they need to do to be successful. That will NEVER happen in Pittsburgh.

I really believe, and I know it will never happen, if Owens were to come to Pittsburgh for ONE YEAR, he would get his ring, and the Steelers would easily repeat.

This article would be much longer, but I just got a call from Zander. I have to go take a drug test.

I don't know if that is necessarily true. I have no reason to think Owens doesn't just want to get paid again. I don't think he was fighting with his teammates last year b/c they weren't winning, I think it had to do with his personal stats. This is just speculation just as much as your statement so I know it doesn't hold much weight. I just don't buy the TO just wants to win argument and that if he were with a winner his attitude would change.

Steelgal
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
i honestly think with the ownership, coaches, and leadership on the team, the Steelers would be one of the few teams who could 'control' him best. If that's even possible...... But saying that, there's NO WAY I want him either. I agree that the first year might not be terrible, but the longer he stays in any one place, the worse he gets.

Snatch98
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Honestly where do I sign up? T.O would not be able to be T.O on the Steelers and at this point he may come cheaper than usual. He's not getting any interest and there is likely only a few teams in the NFL that could alter his ways. We'd give him a 1 year or two year contract at the absolute longest get him a ring and he can retire. I'd take him in a New York minute because I know the rest of the team and Tomlin could real his a$$ in....

Leper Friend
03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
i honestly think with the ownership, coaches, and leadership on the team, the Steelers would be one of the few teams who could 'control' him best. If that's even possible...... But saying that, there's NO WAY I want him either. I agree that the first year might not be terrible, but the longer he stays in any one place, the worse he gets.I could never pull for the guy. I don't care who he plays for.Which is another reason to love the Steelers , you know it will never happen. Let Dan Snyder sign him. His big name free agenst always work out well.

Snatch98
03-06-2009, 10:13 PM
i honestly think with the ownership, coaches, and leadership on the team, the Steelers would be one of the few teams who could 'control' him best. If that's even possible...... But saying that, there's NO WAY I want him either. I agree that the first year might not be terrible, but the longer he stays in any one place, the worse he gets.I could never pull for the guy. I don't care who he plays for.Which is another reason to love the Steelers , you know it will never happen. Let Dan Snyder sign him. His big name free agenst always work out well.

I really don't have the big of a problem with the guy. In philly he clashed with D-Nabb because they're both strong personalities. In Dallas Jerry Jones is likely a royal pain in the ass and the team in general carries a certain stigma. When you read about the guy at practice and on the field he's easily one of the hardest workers in the NFL and in the right system he's going to do whatever it takes to win football games he just needs people of similar mindset around him. T.0 in the right environment I'm convinced would be no frills and he's not going to haul in a ring with the Redskins. A good majority had a certain idea about Randy Moss and look what happened when he went to the Patriots, no B.S.

GreggyDigital
03-06-2009, 11:25 PM
First, I'll go on record saying I would be completely surprised if he signed with the Steelers.

Past that, I'm a fan of him on the field. The guy can make plays and give you 12 touchdowns a year. That's what he brings to the table. Add 6 points to 3/4 of your games and with this defense...scary.

The issues I would have, like most people, would be what he can do to a franchise. Most people like to reference Mosses situation in NE and I believe it would be very close to what TO would be like in Pittsburgh. Just be weary that TO is the biggest malcontent that we've seen in years. He hasn't played out a contract without having any issues. He called Garcia gay while he was dating a playboy bunny...

If he would sign a short, cheap contract, I'm confident that with Tomlin and Rooney, he could be controlled. Would that be the case? I'm not sure. What I am sure is that he wouldn't bring this organization crashing down. Not a chance.

I say under those circumstances, give him a shot.

Wolfhound45
03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Don't want him. No way, no how.

It is not the Steeler way.

mshifko
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
as crazy as it might sound to some people, outside of my steelers, T.O. is one of my fav. players...i know it...

so if he would come here, althought it would NEVER happen, i would quite possibly be the happiest steelers fan...i think T.O. has a lot of game left in the tank, he wants his ring, he wants to win...

fordfixer
03-07-2009, 12:20 AM
as crazy as it might sound to some people, outside of my steelers, T.O. is one of my fav. players...i know it...

so if he would come here, althought it would NEVER happen, i would quite possibly be the happiest steelers fan...i think T.O. has a lot of game left in the tank, he wants his ring, he wants to win...

Question for you......How many passes did T.O. drop last season? I heard today on espn raido that he was second to B. Edwards for drops but can't find the info for my self

feltdizz
03-07-2009, 12:22 AM
First, I'll go on record saying I would be completely surprised if he signed with the Steelers.

Past that, I'm a fan of him on the field. The guy can make plays and give you 12 touchdowns a year. That's what he brings to the table. Add 6 points to 3/4 of your games and with this defense...scary.

The issues I would have, like most people, would be what he can do to a franchise. Most people like to reference Mosses situation in NE and I believe it would be very close to what TO would be like in Pittsburgh. Just be weary that TO is the biggest malcontent that we've seen in years. He hasn't played out a contract without having any issues. He called Garcia gay while he was dating a playboy bunny...

If he would sign a short, cheap contract, I'm confident that with Tomlin and Rooney, he could be controlled. Would that be the case? I'm not sure. What I am sure is that he wouldn't bring this organization crashing down. Not a chance.

No way... but I will defend him all day long when people say he is was a cancer in Dallas..

can anyone really say Dallas is a solid team without him? They are a weird bunch down their in Texas and best believe the stories will be just as crazy.

and while Garcia isn't gay... as far as i know... how many teams has Garcia been on now?

TO calls it like he see's it and usually he is right... every Dallas fan I know said Garrett's play calling is boring and predictable... and we all watched Romo force passes to Witten just ask Deshea....

So maybe Garcia is gay... not that there is anything wrong with that..

feltdizz
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM

Question for you......How many passes did T.O. drop last season? I heard today on espn raido that he was second to B. Edwards for drops but can't find the info for my self

tons.. but Holmes dropped a bunch last year too...

TO drops passes.. but he catches a bunch too... he is getting old and we don't need him.. but a team will pick him up.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm so tired of that "the Steelers have the organization that can control him" crap. Like I posted in another thread, do a search of other team's message boards and you'll see fans of other teams saying the same thing. Everyone thinks their team's players and coaches can control TO. It's BS. Hogwash. Wishful thinking AT BEST. No one controls TO but TO.

Put it out of your heads people. He is an ego driven, me first, do what I want to do when I want to do it player.

No to TO. Not now, not next week, not next month, not ever.

No.

fordfixer
03-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm so tired of that "the Steelers have the organization that can control him" crap. Like I posted in another thread, do a search of other team's message boards and you'll see fans of other teams saying the same thing. Everyone thinks their team's players and coaches can control TO. It's BS. Hogwash. Wishful thinking AT BEST. No one controls TO but TO.

Put it out of your heads people. He is an ego driven, me first, do what I want to do when I want to do it player.

No.

Don't try to hold it in D tell us how you really feel :lol:

Steel Life
03-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Hmmm - playing devil's advocate, how's this for a thought...the Steelers have everything in place to control this guy - a no-nonsense coach, a franchise QB, established leadership & owners that defer to the head coach. Now consider this - Santonio is now in his contract year right? Now add to that he's coming off being named SB-MVP & the reality will be that he'll be difficult to sign to Steeler-style (reasonable) contract. But the real reality is that he hasn't developed as we hoped he would, getting hurt a bit & has some run-ins with both the law & coaching staff.

So...sign TO for veteran minimum (plus incentives), trade Santonio for draft picks & pick Hakeem Nicks to take Hines place. You now have two veteran WRs starting, still have a deep threat, Sweed is still learning the #3 & best of all you have two young WRs for the next 4 years without breaking the bank. Think about it, it's not so crazy...we've become more of a passing team anyway plus we have other threats to keep him from being double-teamed, TO will be kept in line or Harrison will kill him, he'll play hungry because he wants the SB & to prove everybody wrong. Hey, if Randy Moss can do it - why not TO?

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 01:09 AM

No.

Don't try to hold it in D tell us how you really feel :lol:

It doesn't seem to matter, does it? Right after my post...another one about the Steelers having the organization to control TO.

I give up. Bring him in. Let him destroy the team. I can hardly wait to see him in black and gold. :roll:

Steel Life
03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

AngryAsian
03-07-2009, 01:19 AM

No way... but I will defend him all day long when people say he is was a cancer in Dallas..

can anyone really say Dallas is a solid team without him? They are a weird bunch down their in Texas and best believe the stories will be just as crazy.

and while Garcia isn't gay... as far as i know... how many teams has Garcia been on now?

TO calls it like he see's it and usually he is right... every Dallas fan I know said Garrett's play calling is boring and predictable... and we all watched Romo force passes to Witten just ask Deshea....

So maybe Garcia is gay... not that there is anything wrong with that..

Dizz, I normally agree with your posts but I think you are way off base with the comment of TO wasn't the cancer in the locker room. Are the Dallas Cowboys a bunch of Prima Donas? Yes. But when TO started having meetings with other receivers about his 'perceived' notion of 'Romo/Witten cohooting' and then started tugging on the defensive guys' ears about his assumptions.... that my friend is clear dessension at its best. TO was blamed for most of Dallas' woes and for that he was unjustly treated, but unfortunately when you've paved the way for negative criticism with past behaviors, you'll ultimately get blamed for everything.

As for TO being a part of this team, I don't see it happening. But if there was a coach that would control his antics and a team that would help enforce good behavior... I think it would be Mike Tomlin and the Steelers. Could we use his talents. I say a 1 year contract for minimal. But knowing him, he wouldn't settle. But he's pretty much ran out of options. Everyone is yapping the Minnesota song, but I don't think he'd be interested. Minnesota is no where near a championship. He wants a ring to solidify his career, then he'll ride off into the sunset with Al Davis and the Raiders.

As much as I would hate the move, I think the results on the scoreboard would be a positive one.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

I don't think it was the players or coaches who turned Moss around. I think it was Moss who turned Moss around. TO has played for 3 different teams and hasn't turned himself around...because he isn't capable.

Again, the idea that other players or coaches can turn a guy like TO around or "control" him is a myth.

Btw, ASIAN...I just noticed this about your sig...shouldn't the Rams helmet be historically accurate?

http://christopdesign.com/collections/more_sports/NFL/nfl_helmets/Los_Angeles_Rams84.gif

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?

Snatch98
03-07-2009, 02:21 AM
[quote="Steel Life":3bhzkh3g]Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

I don't think it was the players or coaches who turned Moss around. I think it was Moss who turned Moss around. TO has played for 3 different teams and hasn't turned himself around...because he isn't capable.

Again, the idea that other players or coaches can turn a guy like TO around or "control" him is a myth.

Btw, ASIAN...I just noticed this about your sig...shouldn't the Rams helmet be historically accurate?

http://christopdesign.com/collections/more_sports/NFL/nfl_helmets/Los_Angeles_Rams84.gif

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?[/quote:3bhzkh3g]

AND i whole heartedly believe T.O would turn T.O around in Pittsburgh. The environment on the south side wouldn't allow otherwise. T.O if signed and I highly doubt he is would do big things in Pittsburgh as a player.

bostonsteeler
03-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Say you get T.O. at minimum.
He comes in and grabs a doz TDs.

What happens next?

A mega drama about how he is being disrespected and should be getting more money.

It will end up being a disgusting drama and disgustingly entertaining to the rest of the league again..

Snatch98
03-07-2009, 06:30 AM
If we somehow sign him and he comes in and catches 12 TD's and we win the Super Bowl fantastic. If he then starts being Capt. Drama we cut the man and move on...either way it's likely not going to happen but it's a interesting story line between now and the draft which seems like YEARS AWAY!

AngryAsian
03-07-2009, 06:48 AM
If we somehow sign him and he comes in and catches 12 TD's and we win the Super Bowl fantastic. If he then starts being Capt. Drama we cut the man and move on...either way it's likely not going to happen but it's a interesting story line between now and the draft which seems like YEARS AWAY!

That's clarity at its best. We sign him for vet minimum, he does all the above to help us win our 3rd title in 5 years... worth the shot. Then we don't resign him. He leaves with that elusive championship ring and we win another title. I think that's a fair trade off. He's not going to be Capt. Drama his first season. He never is, its normally his second year with a team that the problems start.

Steelerphile
03-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm not in favor of it. I am not a TO fan. I blame him for the problems that happened in Philly between him and McNabb, because I think McNabb is good guy. I don't like it when TO yells at teammates on the sidelines.

He did it in Philly and he was supposed to have matured when he went to Dallas and the same thing occurred. He is like the bucket with a hole in it. No matter how much you put in, it never fills up. I felt there were many times Romo tried to force feed him and it was still not enough. He constantly said they didn't throw it to him enough.

TO has to be the lead guy. He is not a role player. Some people seem to imply the Steelers don't have a good receiver, but I think of Hines Ward as a star receiver and Santonio Holmes is certainly a talented player who is capable of being a star.

So, would TO come in as the third receiver? I don't think you sit down Ward or Holmes to install TO as your starter. Also the Steelers might try to go back to the run next year with a healthy Mendenhall. TO wouldn't sit quiet for that. I don't think the people that the Steelers have have so different from other organizations to force him to change his character. It ain't going to happen anyway.

Chadman
03-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Everyone is talking about the RISKS in taking T.O.

Fact is, just about everybody knows the risks.

The REWARDS to having him, for 1 year, could be HUGE. Chadman doesn't care what he does off the field- every team has guys that whinge & moan- T.O. is just so vocal that when he does it- the media jump in right away.

You add him, for 1 year, and you have one of the top 3 WR's in the league. Add to that Hines Ward & Santonio Holmes- with Ben throwing to them- who will stop that passing attack?

Will it happen?

No.

But Chadman would be excited if it did.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Drug addicts are addicted to drugs. They don't quit them unless they want to.

Alcoholics are addicted to alcohol. They don't quit alcohol unless they want to.

TO is addicted to his ego and the media. He's not quitting that unless he wants to.

Coming to Pittsburgh isn't going to change that. It's only going to change if he wants it to change. He's 35 years old now and it is quite obvious he isn't going to change. Randy Moss didn't change because he went to a good organization...he changed because he reached a point in his life where he decided it was time to change.

Seriously, if the Steelers ever brought in TO I would continue to cheer for the Steelers but I would cheer AGAINST TO. I mean that. He is bad news. Has been since the season after making that catch in the playoffs against the Packers.

He's a head case and a team destroyer. He's not one of the Band of Brothers and he doesn't deserve to ever be invited into that club. Ever.

People complain about athletes and their sense of entitlement. Those of you who are advocating for him to be brought in for "just one season because he's good and can help us win" are part of that problem. People like you are the reason athletes are the way they are. The message you are sending them is "I don't care that you're an egotistical jerk, you can help us win so you're welcome here." Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. You're part of the problem. People who say no to guys like TO are part of the solution. Unfortunately, there is always someone willing to be part of the problem.

The best thing that could happen to TO would be for every team in the league to say no to him. I'd sooner see Charles Johnson wearing 81 for us again that seeing TO wearing ANY number for us. And yes, I mean CJ now, not CJ then.

Lucky for me the Rooneys are classy enough to not even consider such nonsense as bringing in a dividing presence such as TO.

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2009, 01:34 PM
[quote="Steel Life":2t8lfyo1]Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?[/quote:2t8lfyo1]

In addition to using the New School Rams helmet instead of the Old School Rams helmet that they wore in SBXIV, he did the opposite for Seattle. He used the Old School silver helmet instead of the New School blue helmet at the they wore in SBXL.

http://www.mapkernow.com/nfl-football-helmets/seattle-seahawks-authentic-pro-line-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

As for all of this T.O. to Pittsburgh garbage spew, I'm solidly in stlrz_d's corner. Desperate teams make a move like that. Not champions. We won the right way twice in the past four years. We will continue to win the right way. Without clowns like that.

http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg

AngryAsian
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
After signing a multi-million dollar contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers due to his great MVP performance in SuperBowl XLIV and helping the Steelers win an incredible 7th world championship, in a surprise move, TO then announces his candidacy for the presidential race in 2012..... errr, sorry. Wrong thread.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/to.jpg

johnstownsteel
03-07-2009, 03:41 PM

I say under those circumstances, give him a shot.greggy? what's up bro? surprised to see you venture outside of that smack forum over at bengals.com. you still owning those fools or what? btw, tell joey jts (Lumbee) says what's up and i'll be back next season to give him his yearly beat down. thanks... :tt2

flippy
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
In TO's defense, he's been in bad situations every place he's been.

Garcia has a weak arm and can't get the ball downfield.

McNabb isn't clutch.

Romo falls apart in December.

TO needs to go to a team with a QB that can win the big one.

He'd work hard in Pittsburgh or NE, but that's about it.

I'd actually like to see him go to the Giants and ruin Eli who's got a limp arm when the weather turns bad in December.

I'd be ok if we signed him to an incentive laden contract.

Ben could use a WR with TO's talent.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
[quote="Steel Life":36iwafwk]Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

In addition to using the New School Rams helmet instead of the Old School Rams helmet that they wore in SBXIV, he did the opposite for Seattle. He used the Old School silver helmet instead of the New School blue helmet at the they wore in SBXL.

http://www.mapkernow.com/nfl-football-helmets/seattle-seahawks-authentic-pro-line-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

As for all of this T.O. to Pittsburgh garbage spew, I'm solidly in stlrz_d's corner. Desperate teams make a move like that. Not champions. We won the right way twice in the past four years. We will continue to win the right way. Without clowns like that.

http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg[/quote:36iwafwk]

Good catch on the Seahawks helmet...notice that he's ignoring us though!

Back to TO...here's a simple story with pictures. Each one is worth a thousand words you know.

This is a team before signing TO:

http://www.amv-lilliput.org/modelli/aerei/Marco/Hindenburg/hindenburg_9_2.JPG

This is the same team after signing TO:

http://www.obit-mag.com/media/image/8470_Hindenburg.gif

Notice how they've not only exploded, but were heading in the opposite direction when doing so.

Got it?

Good.

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2009, 06:11 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2o7efaql][quote="Steel Life":2o7efaql]Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?

http://theducks.org/pictures/do-not-want-dog.jpg[/quote:2o7efaql]

Good catch on the Seahawks helmet...notice that he's ignoring us though!

Back to TO...here's a simple story with pictures. Each one is worth a thousand words you know.

This is a team before signing TO:

http://www.amv-lilliput.org/modelli/aerei/Marco/Hindenburg/hindenburg_9_2.JPG

This is the same team after signing TO:

http://www.obit-mag.com/media/image/8470_Hindenburg.gif

Notice how they've not only exploded, but were heading in the opposite direction when doing so.

Got it?

Good.[/quote:2o7efaql]

And even in the nice, quiet, calm "before" picture, there are still swastikas on the tail of the zeppelin warning everyone of impending doom. I think T.O. could tattoo of a swastika on his forehead like Charles Manson, and people would still think he could help their team as a WR for some reason.

AngryAsian
03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Cmon' guys, do you guys really think that there's any merit to the TO/Pittsburgh conjecture? Knowing our franchise's track record, do you really think that this move would/could happen? We are so conservative when acquiring our players through FA. Everybody that joins this team that weren't drafted by this team... no one has ever really heard of. Our FA acquisitions are football players with work ethics second to none, otherwise they wouldn't even be in contention. The TO garbage is just that, GARBAGE.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Cmon' guys, do you guys really think that there's any merit to the TO/Pittsburgh conjecture? Knowing our franchise's track record, do you really think that this move would/could happen? We are so conservative when acquiring our players through FA. Everybody that joins this team that weren't drafted by this team... no one has ever really heard of. Our FA acquisitions are football players with work ethics second to none, otherwise they wouldn't even be in contention. The TO garbage is just that, GARBAGE.

I didn't think the Steelers would sign him. What I was getting sick of is the "template". You know, "our team can control him, blah blah blah blah blah blah". That's crap.

feltdizz
03-08-2009, 11:05 AM

I didn't think the Steelers would sign him. What I was getting sick of is the "template". You know, "our team can control him, blah blah blah blah blah blah". That's crap.

yeah.. we couldn't control Plex...
but I think people saying we could control TO because of Tomlin and TO being at the end of his career is pretty spot on...

I find it funny that we get into these FA discussions every year...
we never sign high profile players in the draft....
so why would any fan think we would sign a high profile FA with a with a shaky past?

Acero
03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/03/08/sports/08owens.1901.jpg
1 year, $6.5 million...

There goes the theory of some here about him wanting to get that elusive ring. Owens has proved once again that he's in it for himself.

Buffalo will do no better than 9-7.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
1 year, $6.5 million...

There goes the theory of some here about him wanting to get that elusive ring. Owens has proved once again that he's in it for himself.

9-7? Nah. New England is getting Brady back, so they will be better. Miami is the defending champs in that division and are a team on the rise. The Bills will be battling the Jets for the basement of that division, and I think that the addition of Rex Ryan (and the lack of a Favre distraction) could give the Jets 3rd place in the AFC East. Owens will eat Edwards for breakfast. It will not be pretty.

feltdizz
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
1 year, $6.5 million...

I think it's time to stop the "in it for himself" when a guy doesn't go to a "SB caliber team"

why do fans respect guys who try to jump on winning teams to get a ring? That is no different then a fan jumping on the bandwagon of the Steelers when they are really Baltimore fans.

if a guy goes to the Lions and they get 4 more wins due to him.. he did his job
if a guy goes to the Bills and they make the playoffs he did his job..

and think about it... how many people said players going to AZ the last 2 years were in it for the team?

feltdizz
03-08-2009, 12:23 PM
1 year, $6.5 million...

9-7? Nah. New England is getting Brady back, so they will be better. Miami is the defending champs in that division and are a team on the rise. The Bills will be battling the Jets for the basement of that division, and I think that the addition of Rex Ryan (and the lack of a Favre distraction) could give the Jets 3rd place in the AFC East. Owens will eat Edwards for breakfast. It will not be pretty.

I think the Brady/Pats* glory run is over... the D is the problem in NE*
I think Cassel showed that it's the system. It's not like the Pats* were bad on O
The Bills were not bad last year on D and the running game was good. The passing game was terrible though.. and who keeps a QB named Loseman?

GreggyDigital
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM

I say under those circumstances, give him a shot.greggy? what's up bro? surprised to see you venture outside of that smack forum over at bengals.com. you still owning those fools or what? btw, tell joey jts (Lumbee) says what's up and i'll be back next season to give him his yearly beat down. thanks... :tt2

Haha. You know it, Lumbee.

I still think it's hilarious that one of the mods for that site (Joe) sold his season tickets. Tells you what shape that franchise is perpetually in.

Yeah. Give it some time before you make other name so they don't give you the insta-ban again. It's been pretty boring over there lately.