PDA

View Full Version : Cards to make offer to McFadden?

Mister Pittsburgh
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Not sure if contacting his agent signals an offer or not. Anyway, saw this and thought it was probably going to happen....Looks like we will need to put CB pretty high on the draft list.

Cardinals | Graves to contact McFadden's agent
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:22:05 -0800

Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals general manager Rod Graves said during a radio interview that he plans to talk with Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for unrestricted free-agent CB Bryant McFadden (Steelers), about a possible contract.

Per KFFL

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Oviedo
03-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Enjoy the desert Bmac.

Jooser
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Screw him if he joins the losing side. Whiz is getting on my last nerve reaching for every Steeler he can get his hands on, grow your own talent jerk-off.

Oviedo
03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I guess Whiz's ego needs to feel like he can beat the Stelers at something.

ramblinjim
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I guess it makes sense for WHiz to go after players he knows. So far he hasn't brought anyone on that I can think of that really hurts the Steelers. Bmac is a good solid player but Gay played awfully well in his stead and maybe the Steelers see something in that kid that we had on the practice squad last year?

Oviedo
03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I guess it makes sense for WHiz to go after players he knows. So far he hasn't brought anyone on that I can think of that really hurts the Steelers. Bmac is a good solid player but Gay played awfully well in his stead and maybe the Steelers see something in that kid that we had on the practice squad last year?

Roy Lewis is the player you referenced. I'd also be OK with a CB drafted in Rounds 3-6.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Roy Lewis is the player you referenced. I'd also be OK with a CB drafted in Rounds 3-6.

Whatever happened to Travis Williams from ECU, the other undrafted rookie FA corner we had in camp last year? He also impressed (although not as much as Lewis who provided flexibility at both safety and corner).

AngryAsian
03-06-2009, 10:44 AM

If you are the GM of the Cards, wouldn't you kind of be nervous? Your HC, though accomplished in his early tenure and one score away from a Championship in only his sophomore season, got there on the merit of players that were already on the team roster and the players that were brought on were players that you HC was already familiar with. I guess the Bidwells are only interested in the here and now. I wonder if Whiz has an eye for talent... not talent that he was familiar with.

MaxAMillion
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM

If you are the GM of the Cards, wouldn't you kind of be nervous? Your HC, though accomplished in his early tenure and one score away from a Championship in only his sophomore season, got there on the merit of players that were already on the team roster and the players that were brought on were players that you HC was already familiar with. I guess the Bidwells are only interested in the here and now. I wonder if Whiz has an eye for talent... not talent that he was familiar with.

We are talking about the Arizona Cardinals. Why should they be nervous? Whiz took them to a level that they have never seen before. They were considered on par with the Lions a couple of years ago. No, I doubt the Bidwell's are anything but happy with Whiz at this point.

I have my own doubts about Whiz, but I give him credit for going to the Super Bowl amidst a losing culture in Arizona.

feltdizz
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Gay is better...

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Gay is better...

I disagree. Straight is better. Wait...what were we talking about? :P

At least you didn't use this smiley :moon when saying that Gay is better. :wink:

Jooser
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/throwupsmiley.gif

I think I threw up in my mouth a little Ruthless.