PDA

View Full Version : Packers interested in Anthony Smith

plainnasty
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Sources: Pack Interested In Smith

Just a quick update out of Green Bay, Iím hearing that the Packers are interested in restricted free agent safety Anthony Smith. While I have yet to receive confirmation, Iím hearing that a realistic possibility exists the Packers may sign him to an offer sheet.

A 3-year veteran out of Syracuse University, Smith has spent his entire career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Heís amassed 106 tackles and 4 interceptions in his career.

Smithís best season came in 2007, when he racked up 69 tackles and 2 interceptions in 10 starts for the Steelers.

More on this story as it develops.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/200 ... -in-smith/ (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/sources-pack-interested-in-smith/)

NKySteeler
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
They can have him....

SteelHead
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
It's unfortunate that Smith never panned out here in Pittsburgh. The guy is so physically gifted. Unfortunately his immaturity has overshadowed that. Would not suprise me in the slightest if he became successful somewhere else if given that fresh start.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Just a quick update out of Green Bay, Iím hearing that the Packers are interested in restricted free agent safety Anthony Smith. While I have yet to receive confirmation, Iím hearing that a realistic possibility exists the Packers may sign him to an offer sheet.

A 3-year veteran out of Syracuse University, Smith has spent his entire career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Heís amassed 106 tackles and 4 interceptions in his career.

Smithís best season came in 2007, when he racked up 69 tackles and 2 interceptions in 10 starts for the Steelers.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/200 ... -in-smith/ (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/sources-pack-interested-in-smith/)

Are you like...Jr. Nasty??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM

... That's what I was wondering.... :lol:

phillyesq
03-05-2009, 08:58 PM

I thought that Anthony Smith was not tendered and is an unrestricted free agent.

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2009, 10:09 PM

Go right ahead and say it..."Who's your daddy?" :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM

I thought that Anthony Smith was not tendered and is an unrestricted free agent.

Correct. We gave an RFA tender to our other Anthony (Madison), so Smith is unrestricted.

sd steel
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I really don't get the hate for this guy, he will become a big time star, and if he leaves it will be somewhere else. Give the kid a little a break for a little immaturity and a misquote, he's 23 years old.

We will wish he was a Steeler in a couple years if he isn't.

stlrz d
03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I really don't get the hate for this guy, he will become a big time star, and if he leaves it will be somewhere else. Give the kid a little a break for a little immaturity and a misquote, he's 23 years old.

I don't care about the quote. I don't like his lack of discipline.

He's a strong safety...that spot is occupied by Troy and will be for some time. The Steelers have no room for him and that's why he wasn't tendered.

NKySteeler
03-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Personally I don't care if he's 13, 23, or 33... He's being paid as an adult, so he needs to act like one... This isn't the Bengals organization.... He obviously got into LeBeaus' dog house for one reason or another... Maybe because of his dumbas* hits in camp on starting WRs, maybe because of his gloating and inane comments, I don't really care.... I said it back then and I'll say it now.... "Yea, he can hit, but he doesn't have the brains to play our defense"..... Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, Anthony.... If I'm wrong, then I guess I'll get to see him "light-up" our offense at some point.... But I doubt it.

ghettoscott
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM

I am with you sd, a few years ago everyone was behind this guy 100%, now that he is down its time to kick him.

He's a strong safety...that spot is occupied by Troy and will be for some time. The Steelers have no room for him and that's why he wasn't tendered.

True, but Troy's style of play lends itself to injury...Wouldnt mind keeping ASmith around as a back up. Dude can hit, just think he needs a chance. Unfortunate that it wont be here.

Oviedo
03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Smith would single handedly lower the educational level in the entire city by signing with GB. The guy is so stupid it is impossible for him to get it. He had a golden opportunity here and he blew it because of his attitude.

stlrz d
03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Smith would single handedly lower the educational level in the entire city by signing with GB. The guy is so stupid it is impossible for him to get it. He had a golden opportunity here and he blew it because of his attitude.

I can assure you it wouldn't be by much, der hey.

MeetJoeGreene
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM

I, personally, want Smith to sign in Green Bay so that stlrz d is subjected to quotes and news from him on the local news... sending him into a weekly tizzy and having him take out his frustration by posting rambling threads here.
:wft :D :Beer :tt2

stlrz d
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM

I, personally, want Smith to sign in Green Bay so that stlrz d is subjected to quotes and news from him on the local news... sending him into a weekly tizzy and having him take out his frustration by posting rambling threads here.
:wft :D :Beer :tt2

I don't watch the local news. :P

But I can work on the rambling threads if you like. :)

Jigawatts
03-06-2009, 05:14 PM

Personally I don't care if he's 13, 23, or 33... He's being paid as an adult, so he needs to act like one... This isn't the Bengals organization.... He obviously got into LeBeaus' dog house for one reason or another... Maybe because of his dumbas* hits in camp on starting WRs, maybe because of his gloating and inane comments, I don't really care.... I said it back then and I'll say it now.... "Yea, he can hit, but he doesn't have the brains to play our defense"..... Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, Anthony.... If I'm wrong, then I guess I'll get to see him "light-up" our offense at some point.... But I doubt it.

Well said NKy. I had high hopes for A. Smith but it's pretty obvious that he's just plain
stupid as well as immature. If he hasn't grown up by now he never will.

sd steel
03-07-2009, 03:12 AM

He is now a Packer, and I was mistaken because he is 26. He bit on 2 fakes in 2007, and yes he was quoted as saying "I guarantee a win if we play like we can", and he was overly aggressive in practice (probably because he was trying to shake the other crud), but the kid is a ball hawk and a hitter. He never got in trouble with the law so your Bengals example is BS.

He's not a Steeler anymore so I don't care how he progresses, but he was a good player who got a bad rap. Nothing more, nothing less, and don't pretend like you are sure he should be incarcerated in the next six months. Some of you are so bitter about what the media says, but you still have to remember most of these kids are just kids whether they are making a million bucks or not. Smith has the potential to be a great player, and he was thrown under the bus by the media. If you know him personally then I would love to hear why he's such a bad guy.

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Well said NKy. I had high hopes for A. Smith but it's pretty obvious that he's just plain
stupid as well as immature. If he hasn't grown up by now he never will.

And he's only 26. Please direct the above message to the people who think, at age 35, that TO will magically grow up by coming to Pittsburgh.