PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Funny Show?

Jooser
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Personally, I like The Office. I think that show's a riot. Anyone else?

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/FindStuff2/TV/The%20Office/The_Office_S3x10_Christmas_01.jpg

Iron Shiek
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Personally, I like The Office. I think that show's a riot. Anyone else?

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/FindStuff2/TV/The%20Office/The_Office_S3x10_Christmas_01.jpg

Office is funny. You can't go wrong with Family Guy really.

A show I don't watch but occasionally catch a re-run of is Two and a Half Men. Gosh...that is really funny the few times I've seen it.

Jooser
03-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Always love catching the re-runs of Seinfeld too.

ghettoscott
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Good call Joose, The Office is some funny ****e...have you seen the UK version? It was only 2 season's but really really good. 30 rock is funny too...

Discipline of Steel
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I personally think 'Destroyed in Seconds' is pretty funny

Jooser
03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I get a kick out of Paranormal State as well. Funny stuff sometimes. None of these shows have ever showed an actual 'ghost', all they do is talk about 'feeling' a certain way. Well, who wouldn't be a little freaked out about sitting in the woods or an attic at three in the morning after listening to ghost stories all day? :)

stlrz d
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I can't stand The Office...but I love 30 Rock. Dig My Name Is Earl too. South Park is always good for a few laughs. Scrubs is really dumb humor, but it's cleverly done. Don't know if It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is finished (hopefully not) but that show always made me laugh. And I never miss a Comedy Central Roast.

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2009, 11:22 PM
No votes for Curb Your Enthusiasm yet? Didn't think that Larry David could live up to Seinfeld, but he's made another all-time classic show.

I also tend to get a kick out of Flight of the Conchords. They come up with some pretty funny songs (for a couple of New Zealanders). I like their manager Murray, too.

[youtube:bzlnzw4s]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:bzlnzw4s]

I haven't seen the new HBO comedy show about the ex-baseball player yet, Eastbound and Down. Danny McBride is usually a pretty funny guy, and Will Ferrell is producing and doing guest spots on the show now and then. I need to find time to watch the first few episodes On Demand. Anyone seen it yet? Any good?

stlrz d
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
No votes for Curb Your Enthusiasm yet? Didn't think that Larry David could live up to Seinfeld, but he's made another all-time classic show.

I also tend to get a kick out of Flight of the Conchords. They come up with some pretty funny songs (for a couple of New Zealanders). I like their manager Murray, too.

[youtube:3p77nt45]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3p77nt45]

I haven't seen the new HBO comedy show about the ex-baseball player yet, Eastbound and Down. Danny McBride is usually a pretty funny guy, and Will Ferrell is producing and doing guest spots on the show now and then. I need to find time to watch the first few episodes On Demand. Anyone seen it yet? Any good?

I didn't count any shows (other than maybe Sunny in Philly) that aren't current. I mean I'm a Seinfeld nut so of course it's at the top of my list along with Curb. Which is basically the unrated version of Seinfeld.

I saw the first two episodes of Eastbound & Down and didn't like it. I found it too predictable. I'm late to the party on Flight so I'm going to wait for a marathon before just jumping in. Or is it completely different every week? My concern is jumping in and being lost or missing out on recurring jokes.

eniparadoxgma
03-06-2009, 02:50 AM
The Whitest Kids You Know

[youtube:wix6hgmq]r6sGS9I-_jA[/youtube:wix6hgmq]

Jooser
03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I get a kick out of the Colbert Report on Comedy Central also. That dude's a nut.

MeetJoeGreene
03-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't have much of a sense of humor, so I tend to not watch funny shows.

Seriously, I don't watch many comedies anymore. I used to watch Cheers then Seinfeld....I kind of liked that Ray Romano show....

Currently, I catch the Office once in a while. It is funny,but I am not addicted to it.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2009, 11:57 AM

[youtube:3qnvut8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3qnvut8g]

I didn't count any shows (other than maybe Sunny in Philly) that aren't current. I mean I'm a Seinfeld nut so of course it's at the top of my list along with Curb. Which is basically the unrated version of Seinfeld.

I saw the first two episodes of Eastbound & Down and didn't like it. I found it too predictable. I'm late to the party on Flight so I'm going to wait for a marathon before just jumping in. Or is it completely different every week? My concern is jumping in and being lost or missing out on recurring jokes.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is still current, since the 7th season is due this year. Flight of the Conchords is pretty random. I have not watched it from the beginning...just picked up the occassional show here and there, and I tend to get a chuckle out of it. My wife thinks it is completely stupid though, and doesn't find them funny at all. Maybe I am just weird. Actually, of course I am weird. We've all realized that by now.

Iron Shiek
03-06-2009, 12:16 PM

[youtube:2cw97yio]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2cw97yio]

Curb Your Enthusiasm is still current, since the 7th season is due this year. Flight of the Conchords is pretty random. I have not watched it from the beginning...just picked up the occassional show here and there, and I tend to get a chuckle out of it. My wife thinks it is completely stupid though, and doesn't find them funny at all. Maybe I am just weird. Actually, of course I am weird. We've all realized that by now.

Definitely Ruthless. Flight of the Conchords is one of those polarizing shows. People without that certain sense of humor find it completely stupid. And when I think about it, it is pretty dumb...yet I laugh.

stlrz d
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM

[youtube:23vmt8q6]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:23vmt8q6]

I hadn't heard there would be a 7th season. That's most excellent news!

Jooser - I forgot about The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Both are quite funny but I don't watch every day.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]No votes for Curb Your Enthusiasm yet? Didn't think that Larry David could live up to Seinfeld, but he's made another all-time classic show.

[youtube:1zlnm4gk]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FArZxLj6DLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1zlnm4gk]

I hadn't heard there would be a 7th season. That's most excellent news!

Jooser - I forgot about The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Both are quite funny but I don't watch every day.[/quote:1zlnm4gk]

More good news if you are a fan of both Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiam:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/seinfeld-cast-t.html?iid=top25-Exclusive%3A+'Seinfeld'+cast+to+appear+on+'Curb+Yo ur+Enthusiasm'

Exclusive: 'Seinfeld' cast to appear on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'

Mar 5, 2009, 04:06 PM | by Lynette Rice

The Seinfeld cast is making another must-see appearance. EW has learned exclusively that the four stars of NBC's long-running comedy -- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards -- will be featured in a multiple-episode story arc on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm this fall. The cameos will mark the first time that all four actors have appeared together in a scripted TV show since Seinfeld went off the air nearly 11 years ago. No date has been set for this event, or for Curb's seventh season, which will run for 10 weeks. Curb, of course, was created by and stars Larry David, the cocreator of Seinfeld.

The episodes, which are currently shooting in Los Angeles, appear to represent a continuation of David's relationship with the Seinfeld stars. As Curb fans know, Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus, and Alexander have made individual appearances on the award-winning series over the years.

stlrz d
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Sweet!!!

Curb is much more loosely scripted than Seinfeld too, so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Jooser
03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
That is cool putting all four of them back together. That show (Seinfeld) was one of the funniest ever put on IMHO.

I too like Ray's show, it's good for some laughs. It sucks Peter Boyle is dead now.

Serenity NOW!!!!!!

eniparadoxgma
03-06-2009, 03:34 PM
lol So no one liked that Abraham Lincoln skit?

I think that show is hilarious.

Jigawatts
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM

A show I don't watch but occasionally catch a re-run of is Two and a Half Men. Gosh...that is really funny the few times I've seen it.

I was about to say that I don't watch any newer television shows other than Lost, but
yes, Family Guy is one that I try to watch.

Cleveland: "Close the widow Brian, you're letting the stank out."

Iron Shiek
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM

I was about to say that I don't watch any newer television shows other than Lost, but

DOOOD! That line made me pi$$ my pants in that episode. That was when Cleveland stole that chick from Brian and they were in the car...right?

Iron Shiek
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Argh. Sorry it was a double post.

Jigawatts
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2va15y73]Office is funny. You can't go wrong with Family Guy really.

DOOOD! That line made me pi$$ my pants in that episode. That was when Cleveland stole that chick from Brian and they were in the car...right?[/quote:2va15y73]

Yep, that's the one.

eniparadoxgma
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM

stlrz d
03-07-2009, 01:06 AM

Alright, I watched it. It was ok...sheesh. :roll:

:P

:moon

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Don't use the mooning smiley.

Enip may hammer you in the butt.

Wait, that didn't come out right. :P

eniparadoxgma
03-08-2009, 07:50 PM

Wow. I think that skit's one of the funniest things I've seen...ever.

Oh well. To each their own and all that shiznot.

Don't use the mooning smiley.

Enip may hammer you in the butt.

Wait, that didn't come out right. :P

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/943/samjaxpissed.gif (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samjaxpissed.gif)