PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Help: Heath Miller

Snatch98
03-03-2009, 05:10 AM
I'm looking to pick up another jersey with my Samsung LCD NFL shop certificate. I want a Heath Miller jersey but can't find current contracts to see how many years he has left. I want to think he's going to retire a steeler. Thoughts?

Snatch98
03-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Shibby! I found it. He signed a 5 year deal in 05. He has to have a pretty good shot at getting resigned long term no?

Mister Pittsburgh
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
That is why the Steelers & Harrison need to get a deal done so all the other chips, Heath, can fall into place.

proudpittsburgher
03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
After going through many, many jerseys of Steelers I thought were safe longterm, I have come to the conclusion that throwback seems to be the only safe way to go. Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, etc.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
2009 is the last year of Miller's rookie contract. Right now, Harrison is our top priority to get an extension this off-season, while Heath would come right after him. I would guess that if we are not able to work out something long-term with him this off-season, that he would be the guy we would franchise next off-season if it came to that (TE has a much more reasonable franchise number than what we have been paying Starks...for this year, the TE franchise number is $4.46 million). I think he is in our long-term plans, no doubt.

Ghost
03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
After going through many, many jerseys of Steelers I thought were safe longterm, I have come to the conclusion that throwback seems to be the only safe way to go. Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, etc.

Agreed. I don't think there's any current player on any team who's a guarantee to have an entire career with one team. Possibly Ward depending on how much he wants next contract. And I'd love to think Big Ben but who knows. No one thought we'd ever see Franco sporting another team's colors.

Snatch98
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I have a Big Ben 75th Anniversary in the Premier mold. The one with the sewn on patches. If I grab a jersey it's likely going to be a authentic. NFL.com is running 20% off on "customizable" jersey's so if I go that route I can grab a authentic for $232 with shipping. I have 200 in NFL.com cash. I'm thinking Miller or Timmons but at this rate I'm not really sure. I think of any player not Ward, Miller is probably the safest long term bet besides Big Ben. I'm also strongly considering the Greene throwback being sold now.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a Big Ben 75th Anniversary in the Premier mold. The one with the sewn on patches. If I grab a jersey it's likely going to be a authentic. NFL.com is running 20% off on "customizable" jersey's so if I go that route I can grab a authentic for $232 with shipping. I have 200 in NFL.com cash. I'm thinking Miller or Timmons but at this rate I'm not really sure. I think of any player not Ward, Miller is probably the safest long term bet besides Big Ben. I'm also strongly considering the Greene throwback being sold now.

Have you considered investing in a Carey Davis jersey? :lol:

Snatch98
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM

:lol:

At least then I could probably run out on the field and take a few snaps and no one would know the difference besides me being white. :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM

:lol:

At least then I could probably run out on the field and take a few snaps and no one would know the difference besides me being white. :shock:

We can fix that. :lol:

http://www.reappropriate.com/content/soulman.jpg