PDA

View Full Version : From the Boston herald

steelsun7
03-03-2009, 12:22 AM
so take it FWIW

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 am EST
Will Pariots make a play for Julius Peppers?

With the money they saved by sending Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs, there is talk the New England Patriots could spend some of it by trying to obtain Julius Peppers, the unhappy and franchised Carolina Panther, according to the Boston Herald.

Peppers has already said he would accept a trade to the Dallas Cowboys, two teams in the NFC South, and one in the AFC. According to the report, Many believe the AFC team is the Patriots, who are considered the holy grail of virtually every title-starved veteran. Making matters even more interesting is that the Cowboys lack a first-round pick and the Panthers would prefer not to trade Peppers within the division, leaving the mystery AFC team with an advantage.

The four-time Pro Bowler is a pass rushing demon who already has said he's "maxed out" in the 4-3 and would like to switch to outside linebacker in a 3-4.

Source: Boston Herald

this will suck if this happens.If brady is back to normal and the Patsies get Peppers(say that 5 times fast!)they will be our biggest competition next year(I guess they would be anyway)

SteelerNation1
03-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Many believe the AFC team is the Patriots, who are considered the holy grail of virtually every title-starved veteran.
This annoys me. The Pats* haven't cheated their way to a title since 04. We have since won 2!!!!!!!!!!

Mel Blount's G
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
There D will need more than peppers

steelsun7
03-03-2009, 12:32 AM

Maybe Ray Ray?????

steelsun7
03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Many believe the AFC team is the Patriots, who are considered the holy grail of virtually every title-starved veteran.
This annoys me. The Pats* haven't cheated their way to a title since 04. We have since won 2!!!!!!!!!!

I know.Total BS

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 12:48 AM

Maybe Ray Ray?????

I made the Peppers prediction (with the possibility of Ray Lewis as well) in this thread about an hour-and-a-half after the trade was announced on NFL Network:

http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5748

Post subject: Re: Pats trade Cassel to KC; No details yet about what NE gets

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Here's a thought...with the Chiefs sending the 34th overall to New England, that means that New England now has 4 picks on day one of the draft (1.23, 2.2, 2.15, 2.26), plus they just moved nearly $20 million off their cap (the $14+ million franchise number for Cassel and I believe around $5 million for Vrabel). Could they use a few of those picks and that cap space to get Julius Peppers to be a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE in their hybrid defense? Maybe enough to go after Ray Lewis in free agency too?

Imagine a front 7 of:

Ty Warren-Vince Wilfork-Richard Seymour
Julius Peppers-Jerod Mayo-(a Ray Lewis/Tedy Bruschi veteran timeshare)-Adalius Thomas

Not to mention that the trade means that Tom Brady's infected knee must be healthy again (or they wouldn't have swung the trade), so he will be back throwing to Moss and Welker, plus they have Fred Taylor now to split carries with Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk, and they added Chris Baker as another TE to team up with Ben Watson...ugh...I think I just made myself sick.

Snatch98
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I know we can't have him but whats to say his AFC team isn't the Steelers? It's LB heaven.

Wolfhound45
03-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Many believe the AFC team is the Patriots, who are considered the holy grail of virtually every disgruntled title-starved veteran.

Fixed it for you. They don't want to come to Pittsburgh because we actually have a standard for player conduct.

:Steel

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2009, 08:08 AM

Maybe Ray Ray?????

I made the Peppers prediction (with the possibility of Ray Lewis as well) in this thread about an hour-and-a-half after the trade was announced on NFL Network:

http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5748

Post subject: Re: Pats trade Cassel to KC; No details yet about what NE gets

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Here's a thought...with the Chiefs sending the 34th overall to New England, that means that New England now has 4 picks on day one of the draft (1.23, 2.2, 2.15, 2.26), plus they just moved nearly $20 million off their cap (the $14+ million franchise number for Cassel and I believe around $5 million for Vrabel). Could they use a few of those picks and that cap space to get Julius Peppers to be a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE in their hybrid defense? Maybe enough to go after Ray Lewis in free agency too?

Imagine a front 7 of:

Ty Warren-Vince Wilfork-Richard Seymour
Julius Peppers-Jerod Mayo-(a Ray Lewis/Tedy Bruschi veteran timeshare)-Adalius Thomas

Not to mention that the trade means that Tom Brady's infected knee must be healthy again (or they wouldn't have swung the trade), so he will be back throwing to Moss and Welker, plus they have Fred Taylor now to split carries with Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk, and they added Chris Baker as another TE to team up with Ben Watson...ugh...I think I just made myself sick.

Heres a baseless guess for you all...what if TommyBoys knee is fixed but not as good as before? His line is certainly lesser than it was in their last SB year, way back when. Lets hope he spends this next season peg-legging around their backfield while every team tries to emulate what the Giants did to him. Lets hope he surpasses Ben in # times sacked this season. (we can cross our fingers anyway)

SteelBucks
03-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Written by the Boston Herald.......probably a little biased.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Peppers takes more plays off than a ST player. Just hope that continues in NE. When he is giving a 110% he is a disruptive force. The other plays he plays like a back-up. BB might get him to play an extra play or two every series but Peppers is Peppers. I actually wouldn't take him for vet min. Not the type of player you want on your team. Things could change but....If he goes to the Pats hopefully they don't!

LasVegasGuy
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM

There are more then enough CB, DB, S, SS out there right now to fix the Patriots woes. If they get Peppers, along with Fred Taylor and possibly one or 2 defensive backs. Plus, they also get 4 picks in the first 55 picks of the draft.

They are easily the favorite next year to win it all as long as Brady doesn't get hurt.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM

There are more then enough CB, DB, S, SS out there right now to fix the Patriots woes. If they get Peppers, along with Fred Taylor and possibly one or 2 defensive backs. Plus, they also get 4 picks in the first 55 picks of the draft.

They are easily the favorite next year to win it all as long as Brady doesn't get hurt.

LVG,

I just noticed that although your license plate avatar says 6XCHAMPS, the lady in your sig has an old five time champs shirt on. Perhaps it is time that she splurged for some updated Steeler schwag. :wink: