PDA

View Full Version : ANDRE SMITH???

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Not sure if a post talked about this or not. If Andre Smith drops to #32, do the Steelers take him? I don't think he will drop but I do think you have to take him if he is there. Even with the combine incident he still has to be the best player on the board if he is there. Any thoughts?

WoodleyofTroy
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes I'd even trade up about 6 spots or so to get him. When guys drop, they usually stop around early mid 20's, they don't make it all the way to #32. So you'd have to make a move.

Oviedo
03-02-2009, 03:14 PM
If Smith held up a liquor store it is unlekely he would fall to 1.32. Even hoping for that would be fantasy.

ikestops85
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
If Smith held up a liquor store it is unlekely he would fall to 1.32. Even hoping for that would be fantasy.

I don't know about your fantasies but mine are of a different nature. :Boobs

:lol: :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM

You hold up a Victoria's Secret store?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-02-2009, 04:13 PM

then, he'd run around in "granny" underwear while smearing peanut butter all over himself...

ikestops85
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

and take hostages

ikestops85
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM

then, he'd run around in "granny" underwear while smearing peanut butter all over himself...

Now I just threw up a little bit ... :cry:

RussBII
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Peanut Butter smearing aside. I don't think the kid will drop that far, but if he does, I'm still not sure I take him. He seems a bit unprepared, mentally, for the NFL. If he interviews well and the Steelers feel like that was an isolated incident, then sure, pull the trigger. But what I've heard of him so far worries me.

papillon
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Peanut Butter smearing aside. I don't think the kid will drop that far, but if he does, I'm still not sure I take him. He seems a bit unprepared, mentally, for the NFL. If he interviews well and the Steelers feel like that was an isolated incident, then sure, pull the trigger. But what I've heard of him so far worries me.

I've seen enough of Mike Tomlin that I wouldn't worry about his attitude or ability to be prepared. I like Mike! :tt2

Pappy

SteelerOfDeVille
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Now I just threw up a little bit ... :cry:
sorry kids - just recent saw SE7EN and Brad Pitt said that about the killer...

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2009, 12:05 AM

I've seen enough of Mike Tomlin that I wouldn't worry about his attitude or ability to be prepared. I like Mike! :tt2

Pappy

Ive seen enough of the Rooneys to know that fat, drunk, and stupid is not Steeler material.

papillon
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Pappy

Ive seen enough of the Rooneys to know that fat, drunk, and stupid is not Steeler material.

If Andre Smith fell to 1.32 the Steelers would pull a hamstring running to the podium with that pick. You don't get top 5 talent at 1.32...they'd pull the trigger.

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Pappy

If Andre Smith fell to 1.32 the Steelers would pull a hamstring running to the podium with that pick. You don't get top 5 talent at 1.32...they'd pull the trigger.

Pappy

I know. Im just against it from an ideological perspective. Id want the Steelers to remain pure and free of head cases.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2009, 01:05 AM
I'd take him. The combine thing just seems like a mixture of naivety (I don't know how to make that little umlaut thingy over the "i") and miscommunication to me. He chose not to work out in Indy, just like many other people do. That's his right. I don't think it is the best strategy myself, but he is entitled to it. He was just too honest about his reasons for such a choice, stating that he did not feel that he was far enough along in his off-season workouts to put forth his best performance, instead of blaming it on something like a tweaked hamstring instead. He was there for weigh-ins and team interviews though. When those were finished, he took off on an earlier flight the next morning than he had originally planned (since he thought he fulfilled all of his obligations since he did not plan on doing any of the physical drills with the rest of the o-line group and could get in another workout with his personal trainer in Atlanta if he got back early enough), but he just failed to inform the right people from the combine that his plane would be gone before the workouts were scheduled to start on Saturday morning, leading to all the AWOL hullaballoo. These things are nothing compared to the guys who are getting arrested multiple times for getting into fights, getting busted for drugs, DUIs, etc. The biggest knock against him prior to this was being suspended from a bowl game for having contact with an agent before the season was over (which could possibly be the case with half of the draft-eligible players, I would imagine...at least he was not breaking team rules by being insubordinate to his coaches or being difficult with other teammates or anything suggesting that he was some sort of a prima donna like that). I would say that if his personal interview with our staff went well, and his Pro Day workout is as good as I expect it to be, I see no reason why the combine incident would scare me away for picking up this beast of a player at such a bargain, late in the first round.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-03-2009, 09:42 AM

Pappy

Pappy

I can't see how you can pass on him either Pap. I don't know if he falls to #32 if he works out at his Pro-day but there is speculation that he won't do all of the workouts. That might drop him in the range of trade up for the Steelers but I don't know if I would trade up for him. I would have to bring him in and work him out...Put him through an interview process with Rooneys, Colbert, & Tomlin. Put him under alot of pressure and see how he reacts. The kid is Top 5 talent but high school maturity.

feltdizz
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
dude is not falling that far...

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
You guys are all correct, I know...but I would still prefer to see them get Mack if it came down to it...not that it will. Just my personal O-pinion