PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Otah

SidSmythe
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
We were all worried the Steelers were going to take Jeff Otah last year.

I think in hindsight, i wish he fell to us.

pfelix73
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Why? I'm happy with who we drafted.

MaxAMillion
03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I would love to have him as my RT for the next 10 years. He looks like a future pro bowl player.

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
After seeing what Mendenhall is capable of this season, then make your mind up about whether or not you would prefer Otah.

Is there much of a difference between Otah and Phil Loadholdt, big guys who could potentially be mauling RT's, but aren't athletic enough to be LT's?

Oviedo
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
The one player I would like to see us get who may be analogous to Otah is Phil Loadholdt. I think there are many of the same questions about him that there were about Loadholdt. If someone gets Loadholdt in Round 2 I think they will get a steal.

100$handshake
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
No one wanted Otah last year ! Yet another example of Message Board GM's at their finest.

steelz09
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Is there much of a difference between Otah and Phil Loadholdt, big guys who could potentially be mauling RT's, but aren't athletic enough to be LT's?

That's Max Starks to a 'T'. Big, mauling tackle that isn't athletic enough to be a LT. We have the two least athletic tackles in the league. Hell, Colon is more athletic than Starks. The only thing Starks has going for him is his size, and that he's left handed which would seem to make him more comfortable on the left side. The problem is .... he is soooo slow footed it's unreal.

Oviedo
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM

That's Max Starks to a 'T'. Big, mauling tackle that isn't athletic enough to be a LT. We have the two least athletic tackles in the league. Hell, Colon is more athletic than Starks. The only thing Starks has going for him is his size, and that he's left handed which would seem to make him more comfortable on the left side. The problem is .... he is soooo slow footed it's unreal.

He seemed to do well last year and gave up less sacks than a touted free agent like Khalif Barnes. Starks is better than people give him credit and he appears to be learning to compensate for any deficiencies he has. This coming year Starks will not be the biggest problem on the OL. Colon and Stapleton have that honor.

steeld95
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Hopefully Tony Hills and factor into the equation this year also. That would be huge if the light turns on for him this year and he can contribute.

MaxAMillion
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM

I wouldn't even call Starks a mauling Tackle. Otah is very good in the running game. I think Otah is more physical with a little better feet which is why Otah was a consensus 1st round pick while Loadholdt will go in round 2 or 3.

SteelStallion
03-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I remember the pittsburghlive discussion gang ragging on Otah and wondering how many of them actually follow Pitt football and watch the games or actually saw Otah play. Those of us who saw him play thought otherwise. He became a rookie full time starter and probowler.

steelernation77
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I wanted otah, but i knew he wasn't going to drop

SidSmythe
03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
we saw an injured Otah at the combine . . . he looked like crap.
in hindsight, at least he participated anyway.

BURGH86STEEL
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
We were all worried the Steelers were going to take Jeff Otah last year.

I think in hindsight, i wish he fell to us.

I think this applies too the Eagles and not the Steelers.

WoodleyofTroy
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I remember the pittsburghlive discussion gang ragging on Otah and wondering how many of them actually follow Pitt football and watch the games or actually saw Otah play. Those of us who saw him play thought otherwise. He became a rookie full time starter and probowler.

lol he played amongst some of the best OL talent in the league with Carolina....Of course he's going to look good. No way in hell does he sniff the pro bowl playing on the Steelers OL last year.