PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft, Rounds 1-3 from Walter football

decleater
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Honestly I wouldn't mind these picks at all!

walterfootball.com 2009 Mock Draft - Pittsburgh Steelers -- Rounds 1-3 Updated Feb 26

1. Duke Robinson Oklahoma G -- The Steelers need upgrades all over their offensive line, including the guard position. Chris Kemoeatu struggled in 2008, surrendering 7.5 sacks and getting whistled for six penalties. Meanwhile, Kendall Simmons, 30 in March, suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon in 2008.

2. Fili Moala USC DE / DT -- Eventual Aaron Smith Replacement

3. Antoine Caldwell Alabama C -- The Steelers need upgrades all over their offensive line, including the center position. Justin Hartwig surrendered more sacks (6.5) than any other center in the NFL in 2008.

SidSmythe
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd take it.

I think any mock that has OL & DL in the top 3 picks is alright w/ me

Jom112
03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
WalterFootball updated the Mock this morning with a four round mock:

1. Alex Mack, C
2. Jarron Gilbert, DE
3. Sherrod Martin, SF
4. Cornelius Lewis, OT

Personally I don't see Mack getting past the Dolphins and the Ravens in the 1st round...

MaxAMillion
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I am no longer getting my hopes up for Mack. I actually wouldn't mind a corner in round 1 if Mac leaves.

pfelix73
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Yep. I agree. I don't see Mack getting past the Ravens.....

Oviedo
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I am no longer getting my hopes up for Mack. I actually wouldn't mind a corner in round 1 if Mac leaves.

I personally think that with resigning both Starks and Kemo that the priorities for Round 1 will be either DL or CB based on the best player available. I really hope it is DL because we are playing Russian Roulette with the health of that unit given they are all over 30 and one seriously has to question Hampton's motivation.

steeld95
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Me either....There was one point last year when I thought we would have a chance at Brandon Albert...Im not falling into that this year with Mack.

SteelStallion
03-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Me too.

I'm a little suprised Caudwell is projected that low. I hear he's not only very good at C but he also plays 4 positions, just the type Tomlin likes.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM

walterfootball.com 2009 Mock Draft - Pittsburgh Steelers -- Rounds 1-3 Updated Feb 26

1. Duke Robinson Oklahoma G -- The Steelers need upgrades all over their offensive line, including the guard position. Chris Kemoeatu struggled in 2008, surrendering 7.5 sacks and getting whistled for six penalties. Meanwhile, Kendall Simmons, 30 in March, suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon in 2008.

3. Antoine Caldwell Alabama C -- The Steelers need upgrades all over their offensive line, including the center position. Justin Hartwig surrendered more sacks (6.5) than any other center in the NFL in 2008.
I'd be out celebrating, if it panned out this way...

Lebsteel
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
WalterFootball updated the Mock this morning with a four round mock:

1. Alex Mack, C
2. Jarron Gilbert, DE
3. Sherrod Martin, SF
4. Cornelius Lewis, OT

Personally I don't see Mack getting past the Dolphins and the Ravens in the 1st round...

Add our supplemental 3rd rounder and take Sammie Lee Hill or Dorrell Scott as our NT and I'd be ecstatic! :tt1

Bandito
03-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I'll like it if we resign BMac or a CB somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds. The sleeper maybe Don Carey in rounds 4 or 5.

aggiebones
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
With Kemo resigning, they will likely just go best available like normal. They've put themselves in great position to do this.
If a big fish is dropping from their projections of 12ish to 20ish, they might jump up and grab him. They could also drop down and get the 2nd-3rd G/C guy and save some money and get maybe a couple 2nds. They could add lower picks to do this, since they have extra.
Basically they have alot to work with this draft. No real HOLES, just some places to improve. I know the OL is not great, but they are resigned to go the way they are.
A top T would be nice, but they go SOOO fast that you can't get the good ones without dumping your whole draft. Frankly, it would be nice to dump our whole draft to go up and get a top 5 T, but noone would bite.

grotonsteel
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM

This will be an awesome draft for Rd 1 and Rd2.........i Would take a tackle or CB with PR/KR skills at 3.

I am a big fan of Duke..

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I am a big fan of Duke..

Duke Sucks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RVLfSMIB7K0/RtQmD-6OnwI/AAAAAAAAB44/8NVDbyDP5Yc/s320/DukeStupid.jpg

Oh, wait...you meant Duke Robinson... :wink:

Iron Shiek
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Duke is Duke....ehh..their on more...than Leave It to Beaver....re-runs.....

An old Jim Rome classic...

grotonsteel
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I am a big fan of Duke..

Duke Sucks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RVLfSMIB7K0/RtQmD-6OnwI/AAAAAAAAB44/8NVDbyDP5Yc/s320/DukeStupid.jpg

Oh, wait...you meant Duke Robinson... :wink:

:lol: