PDA

View Full Version : For the Record...

NorthCoast
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Dan Snyder is an idiot. Spending $64M in guaranteed pay for two defensive players when your team was ranked 4th overall on defense. Does this guy have any brain? There offense blew down the stretch and yet they probably won't have enough cap space to sign all of their draft picks. With their defensive FA splash my guess is they will go all O in the draft and probably go after the same players we are interested in.

(BTW, I have read murmurs that Haynesworth was susceptible to taking plays off, which wouldn't surprise me for a guy his size. Oh, and keep in mind the guy has played 16 games only once in his career....his rookie season.)

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I agree that Snyder is an idiot, but it shouldn't affect our draft picks. Since they pick at #13 and we pick at #32, they are not going to be taking anybody that would have fallen almost 20 more picks anyway. Plus they already traded away their picks in round 2, 4, and 7.

Discipline of Steel
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree that Snyder is an idiot, but it shouldn't affect our draft picks. Since they pick at #13 and we pick at #32, they are not going to be taking anybody that would have fallen almost 20 more picks anyway. Plus they already traded away their picks in round 2, 4, and 7.

I seriously believe the collective consciouness of us here at PS could manage a team better than that.

ramblinjim
03-01-2009, 11:12 PM

I seriously believe the collective consciouness of us here at PS could manage a team better than that.

I agree, Dan is just a rich guy (made most, not all, of his own money at least) that grew up loving the Redskins that just wants to see them win and he is winning to spend whatever to do it.

Unfortunately, he needs someone working for him that will tell him "no".