PDA

View Full Version : Hardest position for a rookie to contribute right away?

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Out of all the positions on O and D, I think WR and OLine are the toughest to step in and contibute right away. I can think of very few who performed at a top level in those positions the last few years. Moss, Boldin, Joe Thomas are a few ... So these are the ones where you have to predict need and draft for the future.

On the other hand, RB typically produce right away when they are young, and their stars tend to burn out fast and precipitously...

stlrz d
02-28-2009, 10:32 PM
QB. That's why I appreciate what we have in Ben. QB is the hardest position no doubt.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I think a 3-4 DE in a LeBeau defense is a tough spot to fill. I couldn't imagine a rookie starter at that position. If they draft one high, they will try to work him into a rotation, exposing him to a little bit of his defensive responsibilities at a time, but it takes a while to adjust to that role if you are used to being a penetrator in college.

WoodleyofTroy
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Wide Receivers have the highest bust rate out of any position in the league. For them to go out there and actually "get it" in terms of making football plays is asking a lot. Not too mention, no position gardners more nerves in your rookie year while staring at that deep ball in the air coming towards you.

Discipline of Steel
02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
QB. That's why I appreciate what we have in Ben. QB is the hardest position no doubt.

Except Ben breaks that theory. :Cheers

Aside from RB, what is easiest?

steelz09
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
I would say QB and WR

Oviedo
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I think a 3-4 DE in a LeBeau defense is a tough spot to fill. I couldn't imagine a rookie starter at that position. If they draft one high, they will try to work him into a rotation, exposing him to a little bit of his defensive responsibilities at a time, but it takes a while to adjust to that role if you are used to being a penetrator in college.

In LaBeau's defense I would have to say it is LB. The LBs in our defense have so many responsibilities and have to make so many reads at the line of scrimmage I think any LB we get has to take what is essence a "redshirt" season.

I think they can contribute sooner on the DL because they can work into the DL as part of a rotation and their responsibilities are more straight forward.

stlrz d
03-01-2009, 11:41 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2os76yyz]QB. That's why I appreciate what we have in Ben. QB is the hardest position no doubt.

Aside from RB, what is easiest?[/quote:2os76yyz]

Free safety. #1 rule: No one gets deeper.

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2jrs79jo]QB. That's why I appreciate what we have in Ben. QB is the hardest position no doubt.

Aside from RB, what is easiest?[/quote:2jrs79jo]

I will go out on a limb and say punter. :D

feltdizz
03-01-2009, 03:44 PM
of couse QB is the hardest..

but I will say WR or maybe Center depending on if he has to call the blocking...

I think WR is so hard because a lot of guys run lazy routes in college and still get open..

mshifko
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
QB no doubt about it

Mel Blount's G
03-01-2009, 09:36 PM
QB

The LeBeau LB is a breed unto itself. Like a whole different position. There's LB's. Then there's bad word LB's