Oviedo
02-27-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09058/952128-66.stm

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Steelers agree to terms with FB McHugh
Friday, February 27, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers netted their second free agent within hours this afternoon when they came to terms with their fullback, Sean McHugh.

McHugh, who also plays tight end, received a three-year contract worth $2.57 million. It includes a signing bonus of $390,000.

First published on February 27, 2009 at 3:40 pm

That actually reduced his cap hit slightly, since he was originally scheduled to count $1.01 million against the cap after receiving his low RFA tender.

MeetJoeGreene
02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
What is this position called "fullback" to which they refer?
It seems that I vaguely remember something like that from that past.....

Lebsteel
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
I like it. Good low dollar contract, hopefully they will use him more to clear running room in short yardage situations.

costanza2k1
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Cool they can now waive Carey Davis...we have plenty of special teamers...he's a non factor.

pittpete
02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Cool they can now waive Carey Davis...we have plenty of special teamers...he's a non factor.

A-friggin-men

BradshawsHairdresser
02-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Yippee. I'm so jacked about this signing...

:roll:

steelsnis
02-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Who p*ssed in your Cheerios?

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Who p*ssed in your Cheerios?

Apparently, Sean McHugh did. :lol:

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 01:15 AM

PLEASE...CAN WE, DADDY...CAN WE...CAN WE???

AkronSteel
02-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Won't happen! Sorry guys...the guy may not make the final roster but we are stuck with him for now!!! He did actually make a couple of nice plays in the post season on special teams and had a real nice catch and run against the Ravens...if I remember correctly but he needs to go and we need to find a real friggin FB! Oh the days with Jon Witman and Dan Kreider are missed! :(

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Won't happen! Sorry guys...the guy may not make the final roster but we are stuck with him for now!!! He did actually make a couple of nice plays in the post season on special teams and had a real nice catch and run against the Ravens...if I remember correctly but he needs to go and we need to find a real friggin FB! Oh the days with Jon Witman and Dan Kreider are missed! :(

Not to mention Timmy Lester!

steeler_george
02-28-2009, 04:06 AM
I love this signing....

1) He did everything asked of him and more. I think the coaches see him more of an H-back (have a head cold I think that is what it is called, a TE that lines up in the backfield, the Redskins use to do that in the 80s).

2) Anything that gets DAVIS off the field.

3) More depth to out TE...how many do we have listed on roster? ONLY 3? Miller, Spaeth, and Hughs? No wonder we never ran 3 TE sets as promissed. ( That is what I hate about BA, he doesn't know what he is planning...even a basic formation) I hope we pick up an additional TE, but more of a blocking one.

Oviedo
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I love this signing....

1) He did everything asked of him and more. I think the coaches see him more of an H-back (have a head cold I think that is what it is called, a TE that lines up in the backfield, the Redskins use to do that in the 80s).

2) Anything that gets DAVIS off the field.

3) More depth to out TE...how many do we have listed on roster? ONLY 3? Miller, Spaeth, and Hughs? No wonder we never ran 3 TE sets as promissed. ( That is what I hate about BA, he doesn't know what he is planning...even a basic formation) I hope we pick up an additional TE, but more of a blocking one.

I agree. Keep in mind that McHugh missed all the off season OTAs and all of our training camp. I can see him stepping into a much bigger role with a full off season to work with the team.

As I have said many time I love the idea of the FB/TE. It saves a game day roster spot and typically you get a much more athletic player on the field.