PDA

View Full Version : Darnell Stapleton...

BradshawsHairdresser
02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Is it true that, right now, he's the ONLY guard the Steelers have on the roster?

WOW!!

So much for NOT having to draft for need...

WoodleyofTroy
02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
So when they get Alex Mack, the Steelers won't have a choice but not to start him, preventing them from putting him through the annual you could be an all pro in your rookie season but you're not playing anyways file.

:tt2

SteelBucks
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Luckily we don't play games in late February.

Oviedo
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
We have another Guard. He unfortunately was playing RT last season but I predict that won't be for long.

MaxAMillion
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I expect the Steelers to sign a FA guard before the draft. Hopefully the can get Goff at an affordable rate. The Steelers will need to draft at least two OL in this draft (maybe even 3 if the team is not confident in Hills).

grotonsteel
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
We have another Guard. He unfortunately was playing RT last season but I predict that won't be for long.

I don't think anyone in Steelers Organization is looking at Willie Colon as a guard. Max Starks could not beat Willie in the camp for RT which was a surprise to me.

Unless there are some injuries to OG/OC, Steelers won't move Willie Colon inside.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Update...Have no fear, Kemo is still here.
(See Kemo Signs thread.)

steeler_george
02-28-2009, 04:18 AM
OK we just signed Kemo, but we still only have 1. lol

I like Stapleton, he filled in admiralbly for us last year, but I don't think he is starting material yet. Could he be the reason why Colon struggled last year?

Still need to pick up more OL men.

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
The Steelers need to shore up depth on the OL. It appears that they are willing to commit to the status quo with regard to the starters. That said, what if any of them get hurt? What if Starks doesn't get a long-term deal? Who's going to step in and step up?

The Steelers need to quit ignoring their need at OL. If anything else, the depth should be there and if they are any good, they will push the starters for playing time.

I see Darnell as quality depth who wouldn't embarrass himself in a starting role when called on in a pinch.

pfelix73
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Parquet

pfelix73
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Parquet is on the roster. Don't forget Essex could be back too, and he played some G.

papillon
03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Parquet

Butter :P

Pappy