PDA

View Full Version : WINSLOW TRADED TO BUCS!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
That's it Stains...the cellar could get deeper!!!

On Sirius...

Iron Shiek
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Heard it too. Confirmed on NFL.com in a quick blurb:

Browns trade Winslow to Bucs
The Cleveland Browns have traded tight end Kellen Winslow to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for undisclosed draft picks, the team announced Friday.

Well depending on what draft picks they got, i don't know if it helps or hurts them. I mean he was an overrated, whiny, bee-yotch. So I really didn't want them to lose him. Plus he was always hurt.

Lonbull
02-27-2009, 01:31 PM
The best part is that's the pick the Browns could have taken Ben Roethlisberger with.

I wonder if there are any Ohio fans who just switch back and forth between the Bengals and the Browns.....new coach, moving to the Bengals, player going to jail back to the Browns, terrible draft pick back to the Bengals, really terrible draft pick back to the Browns, Team moves out of the city back to the Bengals.....I doubt it happens but there must be a least one guy out there like this.

L.B.

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
The best part is that's the pick the Browns could have taken Ben Roethlisberger with.

I wonder if there are any Ohio fans who just switch back and forth between the Bengals and the Browns.....new coach, moving to the Bengals, player going to jail back to the Browns, terrible draft pick back to the Bengals, really terrible draft pick back to the Browns, Team moves out of the city back to the Bengals.....I doubt it happens but there must be a least one guy out there like this.

L.B.

If there was a guy like that, he would be residing in a state hospital by now. With an orange straightjacket on.

AkronSteel
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I doubt the Stains got anything more than a 3rd and 6th for KW! If they did then its a steal for sure! The guy is always hurt and always complaining!

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I doubt the Stains got anything more than a 3rd and 6th for KW! If they did then its a steal for sure! The guy is always hurt and always complaining!

No confirmation about what the picks might be. However, in an article I read from the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, they noted that before the trade, the Browns were without picks in the third, fifth and seventh rounds. Perhaps the Bucs give those picks to Cleveland, giving them a full complement of picks for once. We already have Tampa's 7th rounder from the Mahan trade, but Tampa has Jacksonville's 7th rounder right now.

WoodleyofTroy
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM

One of the picks are a 2nd rounder.

NorthCoast
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Not a surprise here. Winslow was on record as being completely unhappy with the organization (mainly Savage). I guess Savage's departure still couldn't mend the gaping wounds on both sides. KW actually might do much better in Tampa.

Lonbull
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
If there was a guy like that, he would be residing in a state hospital by now. With an orange straightjacket on.

Keep in mind RuthlessBurgher these people decided to become either Browns or Bengals fans to begin with......so, insanity is difficult to bring to judgement on a case like this.

However I can see a guy locked in a padded cell with the orange straightjacket on, debating with himself who was better Brian Sipe or Kenny Anderson.

L.B.

stlrz d
02-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I say good move for the Browns.

Oviedo
02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll take a different tack on this. I think Winslow will be very successful in Tampa Bay. His issue, and borne out by Shaun Rogers, is that the Browns are crap, from crap and will always be crap. These guys have inside knowledge and insight and are smart about football things. Winslow sees that he will never get a chance to be succssful with the Stains. Rogers was fooled for a year but now he knows. Ditto for the Bumgals.

WoodleyofTroy
02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Watching the Winslow press conference, he looks excited, almost a sense of relief. Could of created a monster.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM

One of the picks are a 2nd rounder.

Wow...You can't pass that up! Smart by the Browns...Stupid by the Bucs! Should have gave them a 4th this year & a conditional pick next year.

Iron Shiek
02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I had to share this. WTF!!?? They want to get rid of Braylon too!!?!?!?! Who is Brady Queen gonna throw the ball to...Donte Stallworth and his family of alien alter egos?

Bucs trade for TE Winslow
Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cleveland Browns, Kellen Winslow, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tampa Bay just completed a trade for tight end Kellen Winslow, sending undisclosed draft picks to Cleveland in the deal.

“The Cleveland Browns thank Kellen for his contributions to this organization over the past five years,” said Browns general manager George Kokinis. “We appreciate his passion for the game and wish him success in Tampa Bay. The draft picks we have obtained through this deal will give us greater flexibility as we look to infuse more talent and create competition and depth on this football team.”

The Buccaneers, who cut five players this week, needed to create a stir. Bringing in Winslow will create some excitement in Tampa Bay.

Now the Browns have to make a decision on wide receiver Braylon Edwards, who also wanted a new contract. Now the Browns must decide whether to extend Edwards’ contract or trade him.

mshifko
02-27-2009, 06:52 PM
he'll dominate the NFC next year

TallyStiller
02-27-2009, 07:42 PM
What the @#$% are the Bucs thinking? They cut two of the classiest guys in the league in Derrick Brooks and Warrick dunn, then bring in a chronic malcontent and head case like KWII? Nice. Way to ruin a franchise, guys.

pick6
02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm in cleveland and I watch this guy play all the time. all this talk about him being whiny is garbage. the guy played in constant pain. almost had his career and life ended ( like bentley and maybe jurevicius) by a staff infections complaments of the world class cleveland clinic. the browns are terrible. i am so glad polamalu does not have to account for this guy and is now free to wreak wholesale destruction to this empty team known as the browns. with rogers begging for a release and winslow gone( winslow will destroy the nfc) browns fans are without word, seriously. They are literally starring into space. If you guys could have only heard the insane levels of confidence at the beginning of this season. and now this. this is hilarious. and dont you dare have sympathy. OK... here is the funny part...the browns dont know that they dont have a QB. LOL. its going to take them years to figure this out.

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Trading Hellen Wimplow is addition by subtraction for the Clowns.

We'll have to see what the brain fart trust of the Clowns does with the picks they got for the biggest headcase in the league. If history is a reliable indicator, the other teams in the division should have nothing to worry about.