PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to break out in 2009?

Mister Pittsburgh
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
C Doug Legursky
DL Jordan Reffett
OT Jeremy Parquet
LILB Keyaron Fox
LOLB Patrick Bailey
LOLB Bruce Davis
LT Jason Capizzi
LT Tony Hills
NT Scott Paxson
P Daniel Sepulveda
QB Dennis Dixon
RB Stefan Logan
RB Justin Vincent
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RCB Roy Lewis
ROLB Donavan Woods
S Ryan Mundy
TE Sean McHugh
TE Dezmond Sherrod
TE Matt Spaeth
WR Dallas Baker
WR Limas Sweed

stlrz d
02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Mendy and Sweed.

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Compared to the Berger and Ernster pu pu platter, Sepulveda will look like he is shooting footballs out of a mortar that stick inside the 5 yard line as if they were lawn darts.

stlrz d
02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Compared to the Berger and Ernster pu pu platter, Sepulveda will look like he is shooting footballs out of a mortar that stick inside the 5 yard line as if they were lawn darts.

Playing in Hines Field will help with that. :D

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 12:10 AM

Playing in Hines Field will help with that. :D

Just add water. :lol:

[youtube:1vck5psb]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7DTNEa2E7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x7DTNEa2E7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1vck5psb]

Mister Pittsburgh
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Would be nice if the master plan was to move Colon to G and Hills was ready to kick Colons ass in a heated training camp battle for RT. We need competition for the starting job instead of whoever they can plug in there.

Mel Blount's G
02-27-2009, 12:37 AM
I'll really go WAAAAYYY out on a limb here and say......

TIMMONS!

I'll also say that GAY will earn some love :P :shock:

pittpete
02-27-2009, 01:09 AM
TIMMONS!

ditto

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Trying to stay away from the obvious ones here, I have a guy who I would like to (hope to) see make the squad.

Roy Lewis.

He plays both corner and safety - position flexibility at two positions where we need depth.

He looked good in camp last year.

He is young and should be hungry enough to excel at ST.

Oviedo
02-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Significant contributors will be: Mendy, Sweed and Hills

Lesser contributions from: Lewis, Mundy

Lonbull
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Mister Pittsburgh -

Two players that I'm specifically looking at will be:

Martin Nance WR & Kyle Clements DL

Nance I know was resigned by the Steelers, but I don't know if Clements was or not. From what I remember reading in the Summer Clements was receiving praise from players (Aaron Smith) and coaches. I think he's a project and if he makes the team this season he's probably a break out candidate for 2010....but I think he's got some promise.

In regards to Nance - I think his friendship with Ben will give him extra opportunities.

L.B.

steelblood
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I thought Key Fox was a UFA.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Mister Pittsburgh -

Nance I know was resigned by the Steelers, but I don't know if Clements was or not. From what I remember reading in the Summer Clements was receiving praise from players (Aaron Smith) and coaches. I think he's a project and if he makes the team this season he's probably a break out candidate for 2010....but I think he's got some promise.

In regards to Nance - I think his friendship with Ben will give him extra opportunities.

L.B.

Didn't see either of those two listed on the Steelers site. I know Nance was Bens guy at Miami, Oh. and he is a big WR.

Oviedo
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Mister Pittsburgh -

L.B.

Didn't see either of those two listed on the Steelers site. I know Nance was Bens guy at Miami, Oh. and he is a big WR.

I think both are on the expanded off season roster.

I remember the same thing about Clements and the players praising his work ethic. Just need to see if he has the talent to develop.

SteelHoss
03-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Kyle Clement was released. Maybe they'll get him back by the time camp opens. :tt2

SidSmythe
03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
ALEX MACK