PDA

View Full Version : Harrison

northgate1980
02-26-2009, 11:10 PM
This is for everyone saying to let him play this year on the cheap, then franchise him. I might be wrong in my thinking here, but couldn't he just hold out if he thought he was getting a raw deal. And wouldn't this cause a major distraction/headache going into the season? Not to mention the negative perception this would cause some of our other free agents(Woodley, Miller, Timmons) as mentioned by some. I do agree you can't pay someone who is 30 a boatload of cash, but lets not screw the guy. After all, he should have been the MVP of the league, not just DPOY.

tl;dr: Don't screw Harrison.

Oviedo
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I would respond with what is Harrison willing to do to make the deal happen. It's a two-way street. Fans are in love with players and they like to characterize this as the problem the front office needs to solve. It is just as much a problem that the player needs to help solve.

I sure Harrison realizes this is his last big payday but the team can't hamstring itself to make him happy no mater what.

Players like Tommons, Woodley, etc are probably quietly hoping that he doesn't break the bank because they know that if he does that means less for them down the road. They are much more concerned with what they will get than what Harrison will get.