PDA

View Full Version : McFadden Signing?

NorthCoast
02-26-2009, 08:50 PM
No word yet on McFadden signing? Hopefully he will be overpaid by a desperate bottom-dweller. I don't think he is irreplaceable in our defense. Here is what one site had to say about him prior to being drafted in 2005:

McFadden looks like a player that will be a better pro than a college player. He has very good size, is tough, and can bring down the ball carrier in the open field. He is a very good athlete with the ability to turn and run with receivers. He is dependable, and has been in the rotation all four years at Florida St. He has displayed good ball skills during his past two seasons, breaking up 20 passes during that time.

For all his physical ability, McFadden has not been the biggest playmaker in college. His career high in interceptions is just three. He doesnít always play at the level his ability dictates he should. He has had some injury issues that may be of concern, as heís missed time because of injuries to various parts of his body, including his foot, groin, and back.

McFadden is one of the best all around corners in the draft. With players like Corey Webster and Brandon Browner have a lot of questions, McFadden may be able to take advantage with a good showing at Florida St.ís pro day and jump ahead of both players in the draft. He looks like a borderline first round talent, but he should be off the board by the middle of the second round.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/bryant_mcfadden.html

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Free Agency starts tomorrow, so, no, there cannot be word of another team signing him yet.

WoodleyofTroy
02-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Free Agency starts tomorrow, so, no, there cannot be word of another team signing him yet.

4 hours to go!!!!!! :tt2 :Beer

mshifko
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
i personally will be sad to see bmac go because i think he is a good corner and i really liked him as a player...i met him at training camp too, he's a real nice guy who actually acknowledged his fans...going to hate to see him go, but it's a business and i don't blame him for letting a team throw a crap ton of cash his way...

best of luck b-mac if you leave, don't sign with an AFC team

SteelerNation1
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Man this one hurts. I have been saying for over a year he's going to break the bank. It saddens me to see one "get away", but as Colbert said, "You can't keep em all." My prediction is BMac signs a 6 year 55 million dollar deal with a crapola team.