PDA

View Full Version : What the signings of Colon and Starks means...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
It means we can once again draft the BPA in the draft this year which is what they want to do each year. I don't think they are fans of drafting to fill positions.

With Starks and Colon signed are O-Line looks like this:
Colon T Simmons G (moves to Kemo's spot) Hartwig C Stapleton G Starks T

I am not a big Simmons fan, so maybe we can look at signing a FA Guard in the next few weeks.
To make my point though our 0 Line can be set in the minds of the Steelers and now we can take the BPA in each round of this years draft--Hopefully we trade up for T. Jackson LSU DE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steeler_george
02-26-2009, 06:19 PM

What it really means is... BPA for the OL. If it is a Guard, Colon stays on the RT or if it is a T then he swings to RG. Brings that player flexibility Tomlin preaches.

Now if he can learn to count for the snap.

Simmons is done.

WoodleyofTroy
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM

What it really means is... BPA for the OL. If it is a Guard, Colon stays on the RT or if it is a T then he swings to RG. Brings that player flexibility Tomlin preaches.

Now if he can learn to count for the snap.

Simmons is done.

Alex Mack will always be the BPA from here on out.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
It means we can once again draft the BPA in the draft this year which is what they want to do each year. I don't think they are fans of drafting to fill positions.

I am not a big Simmons fan, so maybe we can look at signing a FA Guard in the next few weeks.
To make my point though our 0 Line can be set in the minds of the Steelers and now we can take the BPA in each round of this years draft--Hopefully we trade up for T. Jackson LSU DE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, it's nice to keep those guys, but, has little bearing, IMO... our struggles were at guard and contrary to what many believe, tackle was unlikely in the 1st round.

now, with simmons being cut, it's pretty clear that we're going after guards in FA and/or the draft. we've tipped our hand...

NW Steeler
02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
I dont think that cutting Simmons tips our hand as far as the draft goes at all. Is anyone really suprised that he was cut? I think that if we stay at #32, we could be looking at a C, G, DB, or a 3-4 DE. Hell, if a LB like Clay Matthews Jr. is still there, do we look at him?

BradshawsHairdresser
02-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I'll be disappointed if we don't go heavy for OL and DL players, with maybe a CB thrown in somewhere.

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
I'll be disappointed if we don't go heavy for OL and DL players, with maybe a CB thrown in somewhere.

Those certainly appear to be the key spots...I would try to focus all of our premium picks there...other positions are luxuries by comparison that we can address with mid-to-late round picks.

Mel Blount's G
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
a LB like Clay Matthews Jr. is still there, do we look at him?
Now a BRUCE Matthews Jr. would be perfect! :wink:

NW Steeler
02-27-2009, 03:25 AM
[quote="NW Steeler":3g7efo9h]a LB like Clay Matthews Jr. is still there, do we look at him?
Now a BRUCE Matthews Jr. would be perfect! :wink:[/quote:3g7efo9h]

Touche!!

I agree that it seems likely that we will go heavy on the OL and DL in this draft. But it also wouldn't suprise me if they took a CB in the first depending on who was left on the board.

Discipline of Steel
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":3crblj6f][quote="NW Steeler":3crblj6f]a LB like Clay Matthews Jr. is still there, do we look at him?
Now a BRUCE Matthews Jr. would be perfect! :wink:[/quote:3crblj6f]

Touche!!

I agree that it seems likely that we will go heavy on the OL and DL in this draft. But it also wouldn't suprise me if they took a CB in the first depending on who was left on the board.[/quote:3crblj6f]

and depending if BMac is still on our board...there is still hope