PDA

View Full Version : Steelers make qualifying offers to Restricted free Agents

motter1975
02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/103805/

Steelers Make Qualifying Offers to Restricted Free Agents

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers announced today that three restricted free agents have received qualifying offers from the team. The tenders offered to the players secure the right for the Steelers to match any contract offers made by other clubs. The terms of the tenders were not released.

Three restricted free agents received tenders, including OT Willie Colon, CB Anthony Madison and TE Sean McHugh. Restricted free agents have three accrued seasons in the NFL and have completed the terms of their contracts. The Steelers would have the right of first refusal and/or the rights to draft choice compensation if any of their restricted free agents who received a tender were to sign with another team.

Two exclusive rights free agents, FB Carey Davis and OT Jeremy Parquet, also received tenders from the Steelers. Exclusive rights free agents may not negotiate with other teams once they receive a qualifying offer. Players with fewer that three accrued NFL seasons whose contracts have expired become exclusive rights free agents.

Restricted and exclusive rights free agents who do not receive qualifying offers from their team become free agents and are free to negotiate with any NFL club.

ANPSTEEL
02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm a little surprised by the level of offer for Colon- I thought he'd be tendered the 2nd round deal.

Anthony Smith must have really pissed someone off. Not even a low round offer. wow-

the guy has talent, and will likely start for another team- at Strong Safety.

Djfan
02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Anthony Smith has proven that he isn't Steelers material. Talented, but not one of the team.

Interesting to hear about McHugh. Means no FBs are coming in, or he becomes one with Russell?

pittpete
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Ohh boy, Carey Davis for another year

MeetJoeGreene
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM

I know. I threw up a bit in my mouth.

Uncle Rico
02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Damn. What a waste of a roster spot.

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2009, 09:52 PM

He still has to make the roster in training camp. I'll continue to hope for a real FB in the late rounds of the draft like Quinn Johnson, Brannan Southerland, or Tony Fiammetta.

Discipline of Steel
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM

He still has to make the roster in training camp. I'll continue to hope for a real FB in the late rounds of the draft like Quinn Johnson, Brannan Southerland, or Tony Fiammetta.

Dang Ruthless, you know every last SOB in the draft.

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM

Dang Ruthless, you know every last SOB in the draft.

Nah...I haven't even looked at QB's, RB's, or TE's at all, since I don't see a need to draft any of those positions this year. I just think that a real blocking FB is a need (if the O.C. actually decided to use one), so I think those three guys (from LSU, Georgia, and Syracuse, respectively) are the best of the old-school run-blocking fullbacks that we had in the heyday of our strong running game, and one of them could be had late in the draft.

grotonsteel
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
What does BRuce Arians see in Carey Davis? He is horrible. He is not a great blocker or a pass catching FB.

I hope they use Sean Mchugh as FB a bit more.

Mel Blount's G
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
What does BRuce Arians see in Carey Davis? He is horrible. He is not a great blocker or a pass catching FB.

I hope they use Sean Mchugh as FB a bit more.
Davis did have his name called a few times on kick coverages this year. 'Specially later in the year. Maybe that's why he remains

NorthCoast
02-26-2009, 11:03 PM

I know. I threw up a bit in my mouth.

I agree....that Chunky soup doesn't taste as good the second time around....can't believe there is no FB better the Davis out there .. he must have some dirty pictures of BA in his glove box.

ghettoscott
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Anthony Smith must have really pissed someone off. Not even a low round offer. wow-

the guy has talent, and will likely start for another team- at Strong Safety.

I agree ANP, i like this kid. I was hoping we were going to keep him...