PDA

View Full Version : sleeper CB...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-26-2009, 01:39 PM
(Junior) Donald Washington - Ohio State (HT: 6'0" | WT: 198)
Projection: 4th-5th Round

Strengths:
-good size
-very fluid, reacts to plays well
-tackles and hits well
-a lot of upside

Weaknesses:
-needs more time to develop
-not much of a playmaker
-was suspended for two games at the start of the season
-technique must improve

I am a Buckeye fan and he was considered a shut down corner for awhile. Can't remember why he got suspended for the 1st 2 games however.

Iron Shiek
02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
It was team rule he broke or something with another freshman, but I don't ever remember what it was he actually did or if it even got out...

He isn't a bad under the radar corner...

Snatch98
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Is he still under the radar? He didn't have the best 40 but I'm pretty sure he had the highest vertical and maybe the longest broad jump at the combine.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I prefer the CB from Cincy... Mickens is his name...

from NFL.com

Analysis
Positives: Legitimate cover corner. ... Possesses the quick feet and smooth hip turn to change direction and blanket his assignment. ... Often forces the quarterback to go to his second option. ... Reads the action quickly and gets an excellent break on the ball. ... Cognizant defender. ... Experienced in man and zone coverage with the combination of athleticism and instincts to play in either scheme at the next level. ... Has a second gear to close and uses his long arms well to deflect passes. ... Physical enough to make a big hit after his man makes the catch. ... Improved hands for the interception in 2007 and has 14 picks and 44 pass breakups over his career. ... Natural with the ball in his hands, returning two of his six interceptions for touchdowns last season. ... Quick to come up in run support, even when pressing in man coverage, and flashes physicality that belies his frame. ... Coachable. ... Very confident in his ability. ... Plays with attitude, will not back down from any receiver. ... Leads by example on the field.

Negatives:

Feasts on hastily thrown passes in zone coverage behind a dominant pass rush. ... Must improve his ability to beat running back blocks when on the blitz. ... A bit tall and stiff in his backpedal, which can make it hard for him to recover when the receiver runs a quick out. ... While physical, Mickens has a tendency to lead with his shoulder when making a big hit, instead of wrapping up securely.

NW Steeler
02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
He may not be that "under the radar" according to our "friends" at FOX:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=9267688&MSNHPHMA#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=9269848

This guy looks good too, probably would take our first pick though:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=9267688&MSNHPHMA#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=9267650

6'4" CB? Wow!