PDA

View Full Version : It only took Shaun Rogers one year to figure out that...

RuthlessBurgher
02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
:brownssuck

Browns tackle Shaun Rogers reportedly wants off team, upset with new coach Eric Mangini

by Mary Kay Cabot / Plain Dealer Reporter

Wednesday February 25, 2009, 3:07 AM

Perceived snubs by new Browns coach Eric Mangini reportedly have defensive lineman Shaun Rogers looking to get out of Cleveland.

Browns Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is so disgruntled with new coach Eric Mangini and the new regime that he's asked the team not to pay his guaranteed $6 million option bonus next month, nfl.com's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday night.

Schefter, according to a source close to Rogers, said the tackle would rather be released after only one season even though he's owed $15 million in guaranteed money. However, he hasn't asked yet to be released, the Browns told nfl.com.

Rogers is reportedly miffed about two off-season incidents in which he feels Mangini snubbed him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and didn't say hello to Rogers, the source said. The second time, Mangini and Rogers were together in the media room at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards on Jan. 23 and neither acknowledged the other.

Mangini said at a news conference Feb. 4: "I didn't even realize Shaun was there at the time. I know that's probably hard to believe considering how big he is and how big I am. It's like two destroyers missing each other."

Mangini recently reached out to Rogers, according to the report. And a source within the Browns organization told Schefter that Mangini is still optimistic he can sway Rogers once they speak. But sources close to Rogers say he won't change his mind.

The report says some believe there are other reasons why Rogers wants to leave the Browns, but didn't specify.

Acquired in a trade with the Detroit Lions last off-season for cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round pick, Rogers signed a six-year, $42 million deal that extended his contract by three years through 2013. It included $20 million in guarantees and a total of $23 million over the first three years.

Rogers' season, which included 76 tackles, 4.5 sacks and a team-high 15 pressures, earned him his third Pro Bowl and it appeared his career had been rejuvenated after leaving Detroit.

The Browns would take a $9.7 million salary-cap hit if they cut Rogers, according to the report, but they have no intentions of releasing him.

Mangini might have already known trouble was brewing during his Feb. 4 news conference. He wished Rogers well for the Pro Bowl the following weekend and said Rogers would have a chance there to talk to New York Jets Pro Bowl tackle Kris Jenkins, a big Mangini supporter.

"Shaun will be able to ask Kris some questions about me," Mangini said. "Kris and I had a great relationship and I think that'll be good."

It wouldn't be the first time Mangini has had to win over a star player. When he took over as Jets coach in 2006, he had to change the mind-set of receiver Laveranues Coles. Last off-season, he flew to Coles' home in Jacksonville to smooth over a contract squabble.

If things can't be resolved, the Browns will lose their best player on defense and only the second defensive player to make the Pro Bowl since 1995. Linebacker Jamir Miller earned the nod after the 2001 season. A league source said Rogers is the only Browns defensive player good enough to start for the Steelers or Ravens.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter: mcabot@plaind.com, 216-999-4670

Oviedo
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Good to see that the losers are still :loser

mshifko
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
i never thought i'd say this, but shaun rogers is too good for the browns

phillyesq
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
He is really the only guy on that defense with any talent. I can't even think of another player on the Browns D who could start for the Steelers.

Discipline of Steel
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes, but dont forget that fat tub of sh!t was guilty of douchethuggery against Ben last season.

Mel Blount's G
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Poor Big Baby. Him no likey Man-Gina
http://jameshazlehurst.com/myPictures/mangina%20threat.jpg

buckeyehoppy
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm watching the "post game" from the first Indians Spring Training game...and all these dumb f-cks want to talk about is the Clowns.

The Indians, for those who give a sh!t, are actually a pretty good team and stand a good chance to be in contention this season. And these mensas want to talk about a team that's hell and gone from any talk about the playoffs...SHEESH!

It actually bothers me that I have to sit next to some of these morons when I attend Indians games. Christ...I'm pretty sure I will break out in hives at some point this season.

buckeyehoppy
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
i never thought i'd say this, but shaun rogers is too good for the browns

And he wasn't good enough for the Murder City Kitties...ROTFLMFAO.

Poor Big Baby. Him no likey Man-Gina
http://jameshazlehurst.com/myPictures/mangina%20threat.jpg

ROTFLMFAO...part II!!!

fordfixer
02-25-2009, 10:08 PM
now we know why they call him Big Baby. :cry:

Flasteel
02-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Yes, but dont forget that fat tub of sh!t was guilty of douchethuggery against Ben last season.

douchethuggery > douchebaggery

pittpete
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
The report says some believe there are other reasons why Rogers wants to leave the Browns, but didn't specify.

Because they continue to suck year after year

Oviedo
02-26-2009, 08:58 AM
This is the best statement in the entire article

A league source said Rogers is the only Browns defensive player good enough to start for the Steelers or Ravens.

Reading that is like shoving crap in the face of Stains fans. I love it.

MeetJoeGreene
02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Anything that causes dissension and discord in our foes is music to my ears.

But how big of a baby is Rogers to be ticked off about:

Rogers is reportedly miffed about two off-season incidents in which he feels Mangini snubbed him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and didn't say hello to Rogers, the source said

Iron Shiek
02-26-2009, 11:42 AM

Rogers is reportedly miffed about two off-season incidents in which he feels Mangini snubbed him. The first time, Mangini walked into the Browns' training room and didn't say hello to Rogers, the source said

Well I'm gonna take Rogers' side here. How big of a d!ck is Mangini? All reports indicate that he is a Class A Supreme A-Hole. And while it may have hurt Rogers' feelings, I would think that after being in one of your players' presence two different occasions you would have the decency to introduce yourself in person to the guy. Its just a matter of personal respect. I know Mangini doesn't owe sh!t to Rogers, but WTF!?

Compare Manginis arrival to Tomlins? If I recall Tomlin called a few of the leaders like the next day and spoke with them on the phone and eventually set up some meetings with them before addressing the team. Well I just heard on the radio that Rogers requested a one-on-one with Mangini and that d!ckhead refused and said there will be no personal meetings until the new coaching staff addresses the entire team in a meeting scheduled in mid-March. That's a load of crap.

Discipline of Steel
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM

Well I'm gonna take Rogers' side here. How big of a d!ck is Mangini? All reports indicate that he is a Class A Supreme A-Hole. And while it may have hurt Rogers' feelings, I would think that after being in one of your players' presence two different occasions you would have the decency to introduce yourself in person to the guy. Its just a matter of personal respect. I know Mangini doesn't owe sh!t to Rogers, but WTF!?

Compare Manginis arrival to Tomlins? If I recall Tomlin called a few of the leaders like the next day and spoke with them on the phone and eventually set up some meetings with them before addressing the team. Well I just heard on the radio that Rogers requested a one-on-one with Mangini and that d!ckhead refused and said there will be no personal meetings until the new coaching staff addresses the entire team in a meeting scheduled in mid-March. That's a load of crap.

I agree, what an arrogant ass. Remember Celebrity Death Match? Mangini vs Rogers would be a classic!

buckeyehoppy
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM

Wow...ain't THAT something?

The Manvirus is already polluting the Clowns worse than they were polluted before.

This is one of the funniest (HA HA) threads that I've read in a while. It is absolutely hilarious that the Clowns can't get out of their own way.

Shawn Rogers, for the time being, is probably the best Clown out there. If he wants out, it will be VERY interesting to see who runs him down and gives him a new deal and a fresh start from the very stale, business-as-usual approach from the Clowns.

NorthCoast
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Nothing makes me happier than bad news from Clownsland. Living here is bad enough, but it becomes marginally bareable when I get to read of the dysfunctional team on the lake.
Rogers thought he was jumping to an up-and-comer and was a renewed man last season. Now that the franchise is churning once again I am sure Rogers feels like he is about to re-live his nightmares from Detroit. Mark my words, it's gonna be a real soap opera with him all season long, especially if the Clowns continue their losing ways.

Wolfhound45
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Eric Mangini acting like a jerk? No way!

Wonder where he picked that up?

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/15/1197767491_3912/539w.jpg

:Steel

On a positive note, could not have happened to a better franchise.

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Nothing makes me happier than bad news from Clownsland. Living here is bad enough, but it becomes marginally bareable when I get to read of the dysfunctional team on the lake.
Rogers thought he was jumping to an up-and-comer and was a renewed man last season. Now that the franchise is churning once again I am sure Rogers feels like he is about to re-live his nightmares from Detroit. Mark my words, it's gonna be a real soap opera with him all season long, especially if the Clowns continue their losing ways.

The living here part isn't the bad thing...what sucks is having to listen to all the b!tching when the Clowns are realized to be...er, The Clowns.

NC, you and I need to talk at some point. Until then, be assured that the Clowns will always be a mess and that you and I, among a lot of others, are assured of being satisfied on Sundays because we chose the RIGHT team!