PDA

View Full Version : Who else hope Mendy has a breakout season

feelthesteel
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Hes just got to protect the rock

lets get back too RUNNING THE ROCK!! :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

WoodleyofTroy
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm not worried about the yards, I can easily see 800-900 on the ground. It's how many Touchdowns he can score, and 3-1's he can pick up. Can he control the clock? Give us a good tempo.

NW Steeler
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I would think that ALL of us hope for that!

GreggyDigital
02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

Ha. I was going to write the same thing.

Mendy will be solid next year. No worried about the fumbles either. He didn't fumble when his shoulder exploded so I think we're in the clear.

SteelHead
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm really excited about our running game next year. My gut tells me Mendy is the real deal and I think he will show up BIG next year for us. Now if the coaches can just get Limas looking less like gumby on the football field and more like a pro WR we should be all set. Especially with an upgrade on the OL in the draft this year.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Mendy doesn't want you to use ANY word with the word "BREAK" in it in connection with this coming season....

proudpittsburgher
02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I think that we are all pretty hopeful with Mendy, especially what he showed us in the preseason and before he got injurred. Yes, he fumbled way too much, but he found the hole, was patient at times, and exploded through it at others. He showed he can excel at this position, and holding on to the ball, I hope, is something that can be taught. The instincts can not. Sweed, to a degree, has done the same things, showing he can get open and beat the defender of the LOS, but man, him dropping those passes seems a lot worse than Mendy fumbling the ball. I'm hoping that that block on the Miller catch against Baltimore woke him up and showed him he can play in this league.

WoodleyofTroy
02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Mendenhalloffame.

Ozey74
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
I was happy to see Mendenhall taking part in the team activities during SB week. I was afraid that he was out of sight, out of mind after he was ruled out for the year.

:tt2

SteelHead
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I think that we are all pretty hopeful with Mendy, especially what he showed us in the preseason and before he got injurred. Yes, he fumbled way too much, but he found the hole, was patient at times, and exploded through it at others. He showed he can excel at this position, and holding on to the ball, I hope, is something that can be taught. The instincts can not. Sweed, to a degree, has done the same things, showing he can get open and beat the defender of the LOS, but man, him dropping those passes seems a lot worse than Mendy fumbling the ball. I'm hoping that that block on the Miller catch against Baltimore woke him up and showed him he can play in this league.

No question Limas has the physical tools and yes he does get open but just like Willie his body control is horrible. Always off balance and seemingly fighting themselves just to get in position to make a play. It may have always been that way for Willie (and I'm not trying to bash him , love the guy, but dang , his body control is HORRIBLE ) but I can't understand what happened to Limas this year , you watch his college tape and body control seems to be what he excels at. Let's hope the NFL was just a little to big for Sweed his rookie year. I'm confident that having Hines as a mentor will pay off.

RuthlessBurgher
02-24-2009, 09:43 PM

Except for the poster named Jom. :bungalssuck :lol:

And the other poster named mendenhallsucks. :wink:

NKySteeler
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Mendy had some rough luck last season... I expect to see him doing well this coming year.

Discipline of Steel
02-24-2009, 11:36 PM

Except for the poster named Jom. :bungalssuck :lol:

And the other poster named mendenhallsucks. :wink:

I laughed out loud.

costanza2k1
02-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I guess it depends on the definition of breakout season. Of course I want him to excel next season. I guess it will be interesting to see the fans reactions if he doesn't get 1000+ yards. I guess I would just love for him to be a contributor. If he contributes as much as Moore did for us this year I'll be very happy, anything more than that is just a bonus.

Oviedo
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I'll predict that Mendenhall is the main man by mid season next year. Too much talent to ignore and he will have a year to get smarter and stronger. Don't forget he was only 20 when we drafted him last year. His best is yet to come.

RuthlessBurgher
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I guess it will be interesting to see the fans reactions if he doesn't get 1000+ yards.

If he doesn't get 2000+ yards rushing, 1000+ yards receiving, and 30+ TD's, he will be labeled a bust. :wink:

Oviedo
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I guess it will be interesting to see the fans reactions if he doesn't get 1000+ yards.

If he doesn't get 2000+ yards rushing, 1000+ yards receiving, and 30+ TD's, he will be labeled a bust. :wink:

Only by the idiots who label all Steelers 1st Round picks as busts. NFL teams run two-back systems now so huge RBs numbers are going to be fewer and far between. If a RB has huge number his NFL life will be about 5 years before it takes the toll on his body.

MeetJoeGreene
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm not worried about the yards, I can easily see 800-900 on the ground. It's how many Touchdowns he can score, and 3-1's he can pick up. Can he control the clock? Give us a good tempo.

$$$

:Agree

schillah
02-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Running game will be visible...trust