PDA

View Full Version : who is this C Jonathan Luigs

steeler_george
02-23-2009, 02:43 AM
I practically don't watch any college football, so almost all the information I hear on the prospects are mostly based on from the draft sites.

And while looking through a few ( not sure if credible ) his name kept on popping up ahead of Wood, and Unger in the rankings.

Thanks for any input and if possible could you list your favorite draft sites?

WoodleyofTroy
02-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Well I'd say stay away from the ones listing him above Wood and Unger lol.

Chadman
02-23-2009, 02:55 AM
He's Kaiser Sauzee.

steeler_george
02-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Well I'd say stay away from the ones listing him above Wood and Unger lol.

:Agree

That is what I was thinking too, but then I kept coming across his name listed at same position on several sites. Got me wondering, "who the hell is this guy?" Probably all those sites use the same (un)credible source.

Oviedo
02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Jonathan Luigs, C
Height:6'4"
Weight:301
College:Arkansas
Conference:SEC
Hometown:Little Rock, AR
High School:Pulaski Academy

OverviewAnalysisOverview
Overview
Luigs was an integral part of the Razorbacks' vaunted running game the past few seasons, and returned to school despite a coaching change after he won the 2007 Rimington Award as the nation's top center. Although his senior season was somewhat disappointing from a team perspective, Luigs managed second-team All-SEC honors despite a slew of talented pivot men in the conference and was again a finalist for the Rimington (won by Penn State's A.Q. Shipley). In a very deep center class, Luigs is still considered by many to be the top prospect. Had an arm span of 31 1/4 inches and a hand span of 9 1/4 inches at the combine.

Analysis
Positives: Prototype size for the position. Rare athleticism. Good burst off the snap and can block on the move. Quickly moves his feet to get the appropriate angle on his man. Gets to the second level quickly as a run and pass blocker. Good initial quickness as a pass blocker. Settles well and plays with good balance. Equally effective snapping in the shotgun or traditional quarterback exchange. Cerebral player who makes the line calls and adjusts well to unexpected blitzes and defensive alignments.

Negatives: Relies on quickness and technique rather than pure strength to generate movement at the point of attack, and can be stalemated by bigger, stronger defenders. Can be tossed aside after initial hit. Struggles to remain engaged with defenders when blocking at the second level, and will miss targets altogether. Leans forward too far at times to reach his man, keeping Luigs off balance.

RuthlessBurgher
02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
He has been consistently mentioned in the conversation of the deep center class. All of these guys could go in the first 3 rounds, which is rare: Mack, Unger, Wood, Luigs, and Caldwell. Shipley probably is at the top of the next tier of mid-round center prospects.