PDA

View Full Version : Todd's Mock Draft Vol 3 (Combine Week Draft)

toddjammin
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Round 1 C Alex Mack from Cal 6 Foot 4 312 LB's
Round 2 OT Fenuki Tupou from Oregan 6 Foot 5 333 LB's
Round 3A CB Keenan Lewis from Oregan State 6 Foot 198 LB's
Round 3B OG Andy Kemp from Wisconsin 6 Foot 5 318 LB's
Round 4 DE Kyle Moore from USC 6 Foot 4 275 LB's
Round 5 DT Myron Pryor from Kentucky 6 Foot 1 309 LB's
Round 6 OG Roland Martin from Michigan State 6 Foot 5 327 LB's
Round 7A FB Javorski Lane from Texas A & M 6 Foot 285 LB's
Round 7B ILB Mike Rivera from Kansas 6 Foot 3 252 LB's

Iron Shiek
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I like it, but I don't know much about many of these college players. I hear good things about Javorski Lane (FB).

But I will pose the same question as I have to others that don't have a WR in their mock. Do you think we keep Nate or does he walk for more money elsewhere and we bring in a FA. To me it has to be one of those three options (resign Nate, draft one, or FA) because we can't go into the season with basically nobody at #4. I don't see Dallas Baker or Nance or anyone on the current roster as a 4, and frankly I'd rather see Sweed open up at #4 to give him a couple more games under his belt.

toddjammin
02-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I like it, but I don't know much about many of these college players. I hear good things about Javorski Lane (FB).

But I will pose the same question as I have to others that don't have a WR in their mock. Do you think we keep Nate or does he walk for more money elsewhere and we bring in a FA. To me it has to be one of those three options (resign Nate, draft one, or FA) because we can't go into the season with basically nobody at #4. I don't see Dallas Baker or Nance or anyone on the current roster as a 4, and frankly I'd rather see Sweed open up at #4 to give him a couple more games under his belt.

I think Nate leaves. However, I think we sign someone in free agency. I say either Ronald Curry or maybe Mike Furrey?

Discipline of Steel
02-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I think the Steelers will make a big push to resign Nate but some other team will end up overpaying for him to become their starter. Drafting a WR does not fill the experience gap as WR generally take at least a year or two before they become effective out of college. That leaves signing a FA as the only option in my mind.

MaxAMillion
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I like the Lewis pick. He has long arms for a corner. He could help the team next year. I also like Kemp as a middle round pick. I would not be upset with this draft at all.

calmkiller
02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
I have actualy heard nothing good about Lane. I watched him practice in the Senior bowl and they gave him the ball 3 times at the goal line and he lost yards, He is slow and not a powerful runner. Not like the Bus. I will pass on him.