PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith?

AkronSteel
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow....what is up with this guy! First he gets suspended from Bama's bowl game and now he disappears the first day of the combine and decides not to even show up. How far is this guy going to fall? I am sure he scared many a team away from him regardless of his talent! I could see this guy slipping a long ways come draft day!

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow....what is up with this guy! First he gets suspended from Bama's bowl game and now he disappears the first day of the combine and decides not to even show up. How far is this guy going to fall? I am sure he scared many a team away from him regardless of his talent! I could see this guy slipping a long ways come draft day!

He's still a beast, but he may have cost himself a spot in the top 10. It is not uncommon for players to choose to workout at their Pro Day instead of at the combine (although I think it is smarter to do both rather than put all your eggs in one basket) but he just handled it poorly by not announcing his intention until the last minute, leading folks to wonder where he was. Sounds like he is getting some bad advice from someone.

northgate1980
02-21-2009, 08:12 PM
He cost himself some money by doing this, but probably not too much if he wows everyone on his Pro Day. If he sucks then or pulls up lame with an injury, then he will need a parachute.

Discipline of Steel
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Sounds almost Dimitrius Underwoodish

Oviedo
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
What's up is that he doesn't want to get drafted by the Detroit Lions so he simply creates some doubt and drops a little and is still a miliionaire.

AngryAsian
02-22-2009, 01:22 AM
What's up is that he doesn't want to get drafted by the Detroit Lions so he simply creates some doubt and drops a little and is still a miliionaire.

With a talent like Stafford on the table, I doubt Detroit would pull a Miami and pick an OL in place of a franchise qb like Stafford. The guy has probably the greatest arm strength in the draft.

I do like this Jamon Meredith out of South Carolina.... quite beastly.